• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
You're a ****ing prick. Spikes hates brawl, and only plays melee. I care about brawl more than melee right now.

Spikes is the most experienced TO in all of WI. He has hosted events for the past several years, and all of which were bigger than the last two brawl tournaments he's run. Consider me as spikes apprentice. I'm helping him run tournaments, but he's teaching me how to do it well all of the way.

Some bull**** circuit rule was ignored, no one complained to either me or spikes about the rule, so we didn't fix it. Tough cookies, people don't deserve better seeds just because they got top 32 at some other small tournament. Especially if they can't perform to match it.
that other "small" tournament had alot bigger turnout than yours did fyi.

Wafles

Smash Lord
god**** you guys have to be just trolling now, and this thread is just getting pathetic. how sad that this tournament is going to be infamously remembered as the one that unknowingly let a bunch of timid, passive aggressive oos'ers play each other and didnt give a free ride to people who lost more than half their pool sets.
QFT.

10qfts

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
You're a ****ing prick. Spikes hates brawl, and only plays melee. I care about brawl more than melee right now.

Spikes is the most experienced TO in all of WI. He has hosted events for the past several years, and all of which were bigger than the last two brawl tournaments he's run. Consider me as spikes apprentice. I'm helping him run tournaments, but he's teaching me how to do it well all of the way.

Some bull**** circuit rule was ignored, no one complained to either me or spikes about the rule, so we didn't fix it. Tough cookies, people don't deserve better seeds just because they got top 32 at some other small tournament. Especially if they can't perform to match it.
In all your nerd rage I don't believe you read my post well or my post didn't convey the message well, if then I apologize.

Judging by their last posts and like affinity said, there is a clear lack of TO experience or at least with circuit events and brawl.
there is a clear lack of TO experience or at least with circuit events and brawl.
clear lack of TO experience -with circuit events and brawl.

I feel bad for spike as he seems like a swell guy just trying to help and got caught on this.
He tried to do a nice thing even tho he lacked knowledge of it and relied on you to cover that part but then you as an "apprentice" failed like so many apprentices do and failed to fully fallowed the rules. And no koast was NOT a smaller tournament. As this goes on more and more clear signs of ignorance over the matter show up.

tldr: if you are gonna do something either do it right or don't do it at all.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Ugh, for the last ****ing time: We didn't give people free rides. Lose your matches in pools, don't move on. SIMPLE ****ING CONCEPT.

Why hasn't a mod closed this yet?

The brawl circuit is dumb, and I don't even care anymore. I didn't sign up for this expecting to run a circuit event. We only made it a circuit event because we thought there'd be more attendance. You guys can keep your ****ty "free ride" rules. Instead I'm just going to stand back, and host fair tournaments so that the people who play well get higher placings.

Instead we got a miserable 60 people, and a bunch of OOS people *****ing over nonsense after the event was over instead of mentioning anything at the event.

**** off, people. I'm out.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Way to lash out on the least deserving person in this thread.

If asc and razor's complaints were ignored why should we expect you to listen about seeding? Not to mention it should have been known from what was posted in the thread in the first place and its not anyone elses job to tell you about it. When people complain here knowing theres no longer anything anyone can do about it it really shouldn't be a big deal, but you guys try to justify yourselves by insinuating were terrible players and timid oos'ers who couldn't speak up when really you just didn't listen.

Follow your logic next time and just don't give two ****s about tourney procedure. Hell just pick two players you want to be in finals and tell everyone else to go home.

Nicole

Smash Champion
We reset the pools way more than 3 times, spikes had that wrong, I had reset them because of skill/locaiton issues at least 12 times, and then we reshuffled people according to location and skill, but still it is nearly impossible to balance each and every single pool without being some kind of all knowing being. I didn't know how good every single person was, and this is the function of pools, to determine at least a good idea of how good everyone is so that we can send them to the bracket in a more fair manner. The bracket then sets the final results and from what I can see they were pretty **** reasonable.

To clarify: I'm a terrible player. I don't play well in singles at all, and I only play well in doubles when I'm really, really focused. For me to scrape by with a 3rd seed in my pool means that the pool in general was not that hard. Ook is a beast, that's all I'm gonna say else about my pool. ;)

If you didn't make it out of pools, or you had a rediculously hard pool, you should've said something when we called them out. We were more than happy to switch things around. I personally didn't hear one complaint about any single pool being too hard for a really good player to make it out of.

We were in no way obligated to give people pity placements in a 64 person bracket for no reason. A 32 person bracket was way more fair. It's really easy to complain and start fights on the internet, yet only very small fractions of any of this were brought to mine/spikes attention at the venue. Next time just don't lie down and take it, stand up for yourself and make your point instead of waiting to ***** about it on some internet forums.
I actually did talk to you guys a couple times about pools, and I also mentioned the 64 man bracket. Razor was in my pool, and I think he discussed our particular pool setup with you two also. Neither of us were too forceful about it or anything, so I'm sorry that you two are dealing with a bunch of *****ing here, it does suck. I know that you guys did try to accommodate everyone. I'm not happy with how things turned out, but I realize that there's nothing anyone can do about it now. And like I said, I didn't play well enough to make it out of pools, but I know that Blank in particular should have. Some players that didn't make it out weren't necessarily trash, and a 64 man bracket could've solved all complaints.

boots, you got some things wrong about my pool
-wafles wasnt in my pool.
-scythe is from IL
-my pool had people from every state that was there
-and yes it was balanced. you cant say that it wasnt just because jordan barely scraped by or w/e. some people are just better in teams (me being one of them)

The only pool that was ridiculously hard and wasnt balanced at all was the pool that was on the projector
Yeah, I did confuse Wafles with Norm, I feel dumb now. Anyways, I was kind of just trying to cite a particular case as an example. Also, I was kind of saying that your pool was pretty imbalanced in the talent aspect (as opposed to the "people from the same state" complaint), because there were ALOT of good people in it, compared to other pools. Pool 1 (on the projector) was also really imbalanced, as you said, and (no johns) I thought my pool was fairly difficult also, with Joker, Rofa, and Razor, all three being really good players.

Spikes, Wafles, I never had any problems with you guys personally, you two were very pleasant and I wish that some people in this discussion could at least keep their heads and be a little politer, but like I said, people do get worked up about circuit points and circuit events and it's understandable. Also, sorry I responded to this when everyone wants it closed >_<

Quaz

Smash Master
after reading this entire thread. I've come to the conclusion brawl ****ing sucks. You guys take your little sweet slow *** campy game waaay too seriously rofl.

Man I'm so glad I never really got into brawl...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
LOL, skewed judgement. Alright, I'm a fucking retard just because I'm not the absolute best player at Brawl. k e'ry1 brawl skilllz dtermine smartz
I never meant to say it like you were dumb. Just that its wrong to change the brackets for them but not anybody else. Sorry if you took it that way. By skewed I meant bias'd, because you hadn't exactly checked out every player in the bracket/ used their actual record.

I actually came into this tournament expecting a tough as balls pool because of my placing at No Koast. I don't know why I'm still being mentioned. Really I don't have enough circuit points for it to matter. Hopefully this will be locked soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom