• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite tv show theme

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I was in another thread and somebody mentioned Rocket Power, and so I felt compelled to post the lyrics to that shows opening theme, because I was bored and it was awesome.

So I thought'd I'd ask people what their favorite tv show's opening theme was. Doesnt matter how long ago it was, or what genre, it can still be your favorite.

My favorite was probably The Wire. It was a different version of the same song for each of its 5 seasons, but they were each amazing.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Captain Planet was pretty awesome. And especially that Planeteer rap at the end. 'Still got it memorized.

calmlunatic

Smash Cadet
The Beyblade theme is actually pretty sweet once you get past the concept of the show. There's no beating the power rangers song though. "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

-Risky-

Smash Apprentice
Fresh Prince is always good, especially the whole version (which for some reason I've only seen like twice)

The Sopranos for me though, it's where the money is

The Wire's is nice too, only seen the first season though, interested to hear the other versions

Ah no actually "Visionaries" theme, you know:

"Visionaries, knights of the magical light,
Visionaries, with magical powers they fight!
Powers of might, strength, skill, and speed,
Powers to accomplish the greatest of deeds!
Visionaries, knights of the magical liiiight!"

Yeah it rocks:laugh:

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha. I totally had the Power Rangers theme song stuck in my head because I was thinking of an xkcd comic.

Hmmmmmm, favourite theme. I don't know about favourite, but this one is pretty epic: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3TAuo-f5KeI

Holy **** man, that was definitely epic. If I had a theme song, that might have to be it.

I can't believe nobody has said these two yet! These two are classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_XKIZ1aPc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZ1sCzYmEI&feature=related

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
For me, it HAS to be The Office's theme...

Shame if you haven't heard it, haha.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hahaha. guys what about that leet song from Pokemon.

"I'M ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITY!!"

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
YES, the Pokemon theme songs are definitely one of my favorites xD!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shouldn't this be in Media Metropolis?

Also, Duck Tales takes the cake here fellas.

EDIT: and for you anime fans out thar, Slayers Try had an awesome opening.

Peeze

Smash Master
Save by the bell for me. Simpsons and flintstones and the Addams family get honorable mention, because almost everybody knows those tunes.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
The Fresh Prince theme is amazing, I have the full version memorized and everything. Also the Big Bang Theory's theme is AWESOME. And since George Lopez is like one of my favorite shows... gotta give Low Rider a shout out.

Exovel

Smash Ace
OK... where to begin....

I love the original Pokemon ones, especially the PokeRap... "Charmeleon, Wartortle, Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodactyl, Omanyte, Slowpoke, Pidgeot, Arbok, that's all folks!" - Classic

Otherwise I still have the original TMNT theme memorized and I always will. Pure magic in that song.

Lastly, I can't believe that two major themes are absent. The "Happy Days" song, and the most epic theme of all, "Gilligan's Island"

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm glad other people enjoy the original Power Rangers theme as well. Because I honestly listen to it regularly with my friends. While we smash. >_>

...don't judge me!

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I remember all of those shows...*sniff*, is this thread making anyone else feel old?
And Clarissa Explains it all was a fantastic show, actually, all of those shows in that montage were.

None were better than Pete and Pete though! I'll never say that anything beats that intro!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think I'm the only kid that almost never watched kid shows. I remember watching Rugrats and Gargoyles, along with Beast Wars. That's about it.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm the only kid that almost never watched kid shows. I remember watching Rugrats and Gargoyles, along with Beast Wars. That's about it.
Hey man, nobody said it had to be a kids show, that just seems to be what everybody wants to talk about! But my first post up here was from the Wire, and I also posted the X-Files. Feel free to put whatever you want

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Virg beat me to mentioning Cowboy Bebop. I don't even know anything about the show, just its theme song. But it's kickin'.

Props also to The Office, 24 (the version off the CD, not the non-theme that they have on the show), Jeopardy circa 1990, and the Price is Right. I also really like the Law & Order theme from Trial by Jury (they moved it to Criminal Intent).

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
Amazing! such a nostalgic retro feeling.

I wish I could see Bravestarr again, I have so good memories of that show.

altought, the Highwayman, anyone? (an helicopter within a truck- just plain amazing)

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Cowboy Bebop is almost cheating, just cuz how often does a song that awesome, get put with perfect visuals, and lead into a kick-*** show like that?

Exovel

Smash Ace
WOW, how could I have forgotten so many?

Good work to everyone for mentioning Batman:TAS, Ducktales, Clarissa, Darkwing, Duck Tales, and Doug. They were all fantastic, both in song and show. Batman is still an all time favorite of mine. Then again, Doug had Quailman and Porkchop.... pretty thick competition.

I think we are neglecting a few more though: Salute your Shorts, Guts (D-D-D-D-Do ya have it), possibly Legends of the Hidden Temple (I can't remember its theme but boy was it great), and one of the most fantastic themes of all...TALE SPIN

Oh, Two and a Half Men, that has a great non-cartoon theme as well.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I've got a thing for the Law & Order Theme... dun-dun-du-dun-duuuuuuuuuuuun.... :p

The Fresh Prince of Belair is the best theme imo.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends. Paranoia Agent.
And I don't know if this counts but, MTV After Hours theme is pretty Epic. I'll posts links after I take my online test.

Edit : Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Paranoia Agent and Pure EPICNESS!. Makes me want forget about buying a Wii and buy an electric guitar instead! Does anyone know who made the MTV After Hours theme song? I've trying to find out for ages. No luck yet. :(

Top Bottom