• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Pikmin?

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
In the Pikmin and Olimar Thread in Brawl Central Forums there was a poll on "Favorite Pikmin?" I voted Purple Pikmin and I was very surprised that I was the only one who voted Purple Pikmin (I, very disappointed, kept voting Purple Pikmin lol)

Is it the same here? C'mon there has to be at LEAST ONE OF YOU GUYS WHO LIKES PURPLE PIKMIN (Pubical Hair FTW)

(Of course, Falcon Pikmin are the best)

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Falcon Pikmin are the best, but thats beside the point.

I dunno why but I always feel like I do the best with red and yellow. Maybe its just that I feel its doing more because of the flaming or electrocuted opponent :p. I love purple pikmin for over-b, they set me up for a nice combo, or give me some space. White I can take em or leave um, but as I advance with Olimar and am better able to manage my pikmin I am actually starting to use them effectively. Blue pikmin are a good anytime pikmin for me. They are good for just about anything, and give balance between the powerful fire and red and what I think is the weak purple and white. I know what you're saying "Purple weak waaa?" but I just cant seem to KO with purple like I can with Red and Yellow.

Oh and as I get better I notice I can combo with white really well, because they have just enough kickback to keep you safe for a secound, but just little enough to keep you in perfect range for your next attack. I guess white are an untaped resource.

Sorry for my inner monologue, but yeah thats what I think about them.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Just read the same thing in Shrinkray's thread. I know a Bluey can kill someone at around 120% (medium weight), Purple as well. I might check it out in training mode today. Purples are good in that as well, but their grab-range isn't that far and sometimes they just let go of the enemy (I've noticed).

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Blues FTW. As stated above, their throws are epic. The little *boom* sound they make when you downthrow someone at around 50%, and then combo that into a Fair... beautiful.

But don't feel bad Olimarfan. Purple were always my favorites in the actual Pikmin games... I would always just take around 20-25 with me where ever I went and could beat pretty much any enemy in the game. :laugh:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Blue are my favorite in this game, because they are more versatile. They have good throws, good aerials, good smashes, and live a long time.

Against some characters I prefer other colors. I like yellow against Pikachu and Ness, and red against Snake, Bowser, and Charizard.

Purple are good, but the thing that I don't like about them is having to adjust my spacing significantly. I like to try to hit with the max range of the smashes and grabs as much as I could, to limit my opponent's options. Purple seem to have about 1/2 range on all their attacks.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Blues FTW. As stated above, their throws are epic. The little *boom* sound they make when you downthrow someone at around 50%, and then combo that into a Fair... beautiful.

But don't feel bad Olimarfan. Purple were always my favorites in the actual Pikmin games... I would always just take around 20-25 with me where ever I went and could beat pretty much any enemy in the game. :laugh:

*Huddles in PURPLE CORNER*
lol

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
*offtopic*

I got the purple pikmin plushie from back when Pikmin 2 came out... >.>

Anyone remember that launch? Nintendo gave em out.
lol

lucky...lol. I always wanted a BIG Purple Pikmin plushie...as a personal weapon lol

Back to the topic, I can see why Blue Pikmin are popular: They are probably the most balanced Pikmin but when it comes to firepower, Purple's No.1. I'm pretty sure I saw a Purple Pikmin take fully charged Gyro and a F-Air from R.O.B. and still live (One of NC-Echo's vids against Karn)

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
I like the Yellow ones and the red ones. The reds have have great power and so do yellow. I like reds more they are better for meteor smashes.

For throwing its got to be White, so much damage.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember where or when, but someone wrote that a next-in-line purple pikmin is a sign to change gears and get more offensive. That's the best part of them for me - I'm not afraid to use them to move in if I'm recovering from a defensive position or outside of smash range. I still get so many more KO's with blue though. Back throw is Olimar's most lethal move (for me).

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I don't remember where or when, but someone wrote that a next-in-line purple pikmin is a sign to change gears and get more offensive. That's the best part of them for me - I'm not afraid to use them to move in if I'm recovering from a defensive position or outside of smash range. I still get so many more KO's with blue though. Back throw is Olimar's most lethal move (for me).
Yay Purple FTW!
I think Olimar's U-Smash and Olimar's D-Throw (Blue Pikmin) and U-Throw (Purple Pikmin) are his strongest ones.

mmm...if Pikmen could turn into a semi-kirby than they would be my favourite. Although OlimarFan, even though i do not know you, i believe that you and i share an equal dislike over Samus. One purple Pikmen can defeat Samus.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're all good. If you had six of one pikmin, you'd be either too predictable or weak in an area of your game.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Purple are my favorite, because nobody likes being KOd by an Uthrow, DanGR what are the chances of getting six of the same Pikmin :| we are just choosing our favorite

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
mmm...if Pikmen could turn into a semi-kirby than they would be my favourite. Although OlimarFan, even though i do not know you, i believe that you and i share an equal dislike over Samus. One purple Pikmen can defeat Samus.
I deny it. I do not dislike Samus.
Every character in Brawl is to be treated with respect. Unfortunately, there are those who abuse that repsect when the play a character.

Josh is n00b. Full stop.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
I think I like the Purples the best, sure they sometimes screw you over when you try to use your smash attack and you get half the range, but they're so useful at distancing yourself from your opponent I think that can be forgiven. The best part is that they come right after whites, so you can latch a white pikmin on your opponent then immediately use (Side-B) purple Pikmin to knock them off their feet so by the time they get it off the damage is done.

Blues seem kind of bland to me, they're okay, but not great either.

Whites screw me over way too much when I want to get some distance.

Red's are close second for sheer awesome spiking ability.

Yellows in third because that electric shock effect makes you feel like a badass.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Purple are my favorite, because nobody likes being KOd by an Uthrow, DanGR what are the chances of getting six of the same Pikmin :| we are just choosing our favorite
Yeh, I know. I'm just warning people not to post that they wish they had 6 white pikmin all the time! YEAH! lol

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I think I like the Purples the best, sure they sometimes screw you over when you try to use your smash attack and you get half the range, but they're so useful at distancing yourself from your opponent I think that can be forgiven. The best part is that they come right after whites, so you can latch a white pikmin on your opponent then immediately use (Side-B) purple Pikmin to knock them off their feet so by the time they get it off the damage is done.
w00t I knew there was someone who loved Purple Pikmin! :bee:

Slyde

Smash Cadet
I like white pikmin, does most damage but i like to play pit more than olimar

Slyde

Smash Cadet
umm white pikman do the least damge when doing any attack except for side b, and if you like pit more then dont come to olimar thread saying you like to play him more than olimar :)
I like to say that i like pit so **** off "Seriaxe"

Puddin

Smash Lord
Don't tell an Olimar player to **** off, especially not on the Olimar boards, and ESPECIALLY if you use Pit. Oh and DanGR, lol how much percent would it take to KO with a white Pikmin XD

Slyde

Smash Cadet
Don't tell an Olimar player to **** off, especially not on the Olimar boards, and ESPECIALLY if you use Pit. Oh and DanGR, lol how much percent would it take to KO with a white Pikmin XD
Actually he is a snake player, genious, i mean you couldn't tell from his pic being of snake your anything could you:laugh:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I like yellows. Something just feels awesome when your yellow Pikmin shocks the crud out of someone.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Whites may be the worst, but they can be annoying when thrown...which is all they're good for... way I see it each Pikmin has a different role, the way I play anyway.

Yellow or for Aerials
Blue for Grabs
Purple for throwing to slow down opponent, and Up Throws
White for Latching, and that alone
and Red are for generally anything, though I usually use them for Usmashes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The reds are better for aerials than yellows. Yellows are kinda the average pikmin I think.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Whites are epic if thrown right before the standard combo (dThrow, uSmash, uAir). EPIC I TELL YOU.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Whites are definitely good for throwing, my only beef with them (lol) is when I check my order of Pikmin, see White somewhere it isn't, go into a Combo, and end up using a White instead of what I thought as next. In that aspect, it can be frustrating to keep up with your order, but that rarely happens.

Top Bottom