• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite pikmin color?

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
I'm a fan of blues because they can be pretty reliable for strong Fairs. But of course I still love the yellows and purples for the obvious reasons.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Purples, blues, and whites. in that order. Purples because they have a hit box when you throw them, blues because of grab stuff, and whites because of the amazing amount of damage when they latch onto an opponent.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I wish I could control the pikmin I get :(.

I would have no purples until 70+. No Blues until like 100+ so in da beginning, only whites, and reds, and yellows. No more whites past 70+. Only exception is if I'm on a stage like japes or delfino or something with water, then I want blues from 0, no red at all, yellows from 0, and whites till 70 (to be replaced by purples)

DefinitelyNotFino

Smash Cadet
When it comes to trying to manipulate your line in the middle of a match, getting purples is pretty hard.
Not really, look at my general playstyle. Throw lots and lots and lots and LOTS of pikmin out. With general practice and knowing how pikmin fly/line order, I get them to land on my opponent. My opponent then does me the favor of killing the pikmin, in which I instantly pluck back.
Add this to the fact purples have good durability (if I'm landing purple pikmin tosses it doesn't matter) I just throw and on slaught of pikmin at my opponent, and they literally seed the pikmin for me. I latch the colors I don't want, and conveniently miss the ones I want to keep. In some situations I don't care though, I'll just spam until I got some purples, and then play strategic from there.

It's the sad part of a lot of olimar's play that I don't think people understand; tossing pikmin, plucking and whistling can all be done in one fluid motion to literally control what pikmin you have. All the mean time keeping your opponent under pressure until they make the realization "****, he has a lot of purples, wtf do I do?"
The people I play with regularly know to kill purples when they get the chance XD (so I try to whistle purples back if they don't get hit lol).... it took them several months of getting ***** by purples to think to do this now, lol.
What do you mean by manipulating your line? You can't control what pikmin ypu pluck so?
Nope, but you can increase you chances of getting the pikmin you want by pulling mass amounts of them. To do this you just need to slaughter an equal amount (which your opponents will gladly do for you given good accuracy ;o)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's true, man. Like tossing a lot of pikmin at a Pikachu would eventually lead to a lot of yellows or tossing a lot of pikmin at Luigi would lead to.. a bunch of dead pikmin.

DefinitelyNotFino

Smash Cadet
That's true, man. Like tossing a lot of pikmin at a Pikachu would eventually lead to a lot of yellows or tossing a lot of pikmin at Luigi would lead to.. a bunch of dead pikmin.
Again, consider durability rate. Blues and purples are the most durable pikmin and will take the most abuse from luigis attacks.
With constant pikmin pressure being applied, what are you (more than likely) going to be left with? Coincidentally two good types of pikmin for the MU ;o

Mith8

Smash Cadet
Again, consider durability rate. Blues and purples are the most durable pikmin and will take the most abuse from luigis attacks.
With constant pikmin pressure being applied, what are you (more than likely) going to be left with? Coincidentally two good types of pikmin for the MU ;o
Hmm, I guess your right. the best ones stay alive for the matchup.

Top Bottom