• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite moveset in the game?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mine is Jigglypuff's because the sheer amount of personality in her movesets is amazing, right down to the facial expressions. She even puffs herself up like in the anime whenever she does an angry face. She is without a doubt the funniest and arguably the goofiest character in Smash. And she has Rest too, so bonus. Not to mention her Final Smash is perfect.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's ****ing deadly on small stages. Even on bigger stages, if you trap them on one side of the stage and activate it immediately, they're going to either pushed off, blown off, or knocked off.

RPGparagon

Smash Rookie
NNID
RPGparagon
3DS FC
5386-8052-5191
Marth because he is my main. Too bad he is very laggy. But the moves themselves are awesome lol.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
ITT everyone lists their main
In other news, the Salt-Powered Robot will always be my favorite as long as he has that laser and that Gyro.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Rosalina's and Zelda's move sets are my favorite….however for non mains I'd say Lucas and Ness

Atm0s

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreenStarMario
3DS FC
1075-0882-2177
Peach's because it's... well, really bizarre. I mean, she uses a Toad with bad breath as a counter. Like... what? :4peach:

derpcat

Smash Rookie
Ryu! His move set is so unique and different because of the throwbacks to traditional fighting games and when I play him, I sort of feel like I'm playing more defensively than my normal and more offensive style.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Captain Falcon. That's what originally attracted me to the character way back in the 64 days before I had even played F-Zero. Playing the games just cemented him as my main.

I also dig any character with the sort of "critical hit" opportunistic moves, like Luigi's Fire Jump Punch and Puff's Rest. The former is why I Luigi was my first main years and years ago.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina caught my attention since she was officially confirmed, and her moveset really felt unique with the Luma by her side. She can actually fight without putting herself at risk too much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
:rosalina:Rosalina. Not just because she's my main, but because she was genuinely incredibly well thought out. Having Luma controllable as a seperate entity references the Co-Star Luma mechanic from Galaxy 2. Rosalina's moves play with her cosmic and gravitational powers, though what's also interesting is that a lot of her moves are in fact the kind of tricks you would see a show dolphin perform, which fits as she is beautiful and elegant, like a dolphin. It's like the cosmos itself is her ocean to perform in. This also came full circle in Puzzle and Dragons SMB Edition, where Rosalina has water element powers.

I also love how she is animated. Every move she makes has one or two focal points that are delicately pulled by some imaginary string, with the rest of her body following along, making it look like she is some kind of marionette. She's the most impressively animated character in the game, as everything seems like it was animated very deliberately and carefully to look as graceful as possible.

Luma is also fun. I love how his Up Tilt is a Shoryuken. And his angry eyes are adorable.

If we go by how referential the movesets are in terms of ripping moves from other games, :4megaman: and :4ryu: take the cake there. Literally all of their moves are an ability they legitimately have in their own games, and the animations match up almost flawlessly with the source material.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:rosalina:Rosalina. Not just because she's my main, but because she was genuinely incredibly well thought out. Having Luma controllable as a seperate entity references the Co-Star Luma mechanic from Galaxy 2. Rosalina's moves play with her cosmic and gravitational powers, though what's also interesting is that a lot of her moves are in fact the kind of tricks you would see a show dolphin perform, which fits as she is beautiful and elegant, like a dolphin. It's like the cosmos itself is her ocean to perform in. This also came full circle in Puzzle and Dragons SMB Edition, where Rosalina has water element powers.

I also love how she is animated. Every move she makes has one or two focal points that are delicately pulled by some imaginary string, with the rest of her body following along, making it look like she is some kind of marionette. She's the most impressively animated character in the game, as everything seems like it was animated very deliberately and carefully to look as graceful as possible.

Luma is also fun. I love how his Up Tilt is a Shoryuken. And his angry eyes are adorable.

If we go by how referential the movesets are in terms of ripping moves from other games, :4megaman: and :4ryu: take the cake there. Literally all of their moves are an ability they legitimately have in their own games, and the animations match up almost flawlessly with the source material.
You know her nickname is Space Dolphin?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4robinf:

Perfect representation of Fire Emblem (well, except the lack of a counter - but hey, nobody's really perfect) in a convenient pigtailed package~

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Duck Hunt has a really inventive set. I especially love how the smash attacks are less like the hunter helping him out and more like barely missing him.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Robin has my favorite of the unique move sets in this game due to how it's a projectile based moveset with a mechanic that rewards careful thinking and punishes careless spam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom