• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite map?

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Well out of every map, Gameshark maps included mines the original hyrule. Hyrule seems perfect because of its build, its not to small, not too big, it has some parts to combo off of. The only bad thing is that tornado but codes can take care of that.

Dan$inyi

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule is also my favorite map. I love and hate the tornados because they can help you out ( even start combos) and they can also screw you over =p

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I like them all but Yoshi’s Island seems to be the most exciting when playing with friends. Just seems easier to fall thus requires more skill and positional awareness. By the way, we usually play Free-for-All with just three players if that matters. Congo Jungle is exciting too but for some strange reason we don’t play it that much.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I would say that dreamland is probobly my favorite level.It's small so the matches are nice and fast paced. It's got platforms, and is symetryical. Hyrule is a close second because it makes for the most fair matchups.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I dislike nados but I overall like Hyrule.

my favorite stage is probably Peach's castle.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule for sure. Only bad part about it is the **** tent if you are playing against mario/luigi/dk and they trap you in with grab spams.. other than that, the map is perfect size, offers nice variation in main platform level, a slope on the left edge, as well as the 3 small platforms in the middle. Offers good variation for comboing and fun team games.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
all the smash 64 stages ****. The first level the mario 64 background level might be the most fun to me though. Idk why. They all **** though.

Saffron's pretty **** too

Sector Z was my childhood favorite

DL64 is imo the best stage to fight on. Hyrule 2nd best. I don't mind Hyrule but I do get tired of how overplayed it becomes

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Hyrule because most players on the server don't exploit easy gimps and camping, and also saffron for moving platforms, pokemon combos and half a **** tent

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule for sure. Only bad part about it is the **** tent if you are playing against mario/luigi/dk and they trap you in with grab spams.. other than that, the map is perfect size, offers nice variation in main platform level, a slope on the left edge, as well as the 3 small platforms in the middle. Offers good variation for comboing and fun team games.
Jigglypuff, Mario, Luigi, DK, Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, and ness all have death or high % combos like combos to bring you to 100%.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Peach's castle, Saffron City. Peach's castle just offers so much room for creativity with the bumper and the floating triangles, the upper platform being permeable on both sides (the only one of its kind that big), and strategy involving the moving bottom platform. It's almost impossible to camp here because the level is so dynamic (even the bumper and triangles are moving); the best position to be always changes. Sometimes you'll want to be on the left side, sometimes the right. Among the people I play are two very campy players so I love this level. As for Saffron city, it's a classic.

Then, Dreamland

Then Hyrule (would be higher if it wasn't overplayed), Kongo Jungle (would be higher if it wasn't hard to see sometimes)

I used to have Sector Z up there (as I imagine most people), but over time its coolness just wore down...and ended up being too big. Plus the Arwings sometimes come out of nowhere and do a z2d lol

Then Zebes...I've come to appreciate it over time.

Mushroom Kingdom is another one of those "liked in the past, but not anymore". I have never liked Yoshi's Island both in the past and now. Never will. Everything just seems stretched a bit TOO far. The platforms are a little too far apart from each other, the main platform is a little too angled, the left blastline is a little too close, the clouds are too far apart, the amount of time they last is just the right amount to be awkward...it's like if one day you entered your room and everything was just slightly angled strangely and it's no big deal at the moment but over time it just drives you nuts.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just FYI, It's Planet Zebes, not Brinstar.

Ma favorite is Hyrule. The reasons are obvious.

L1ON

Smash Apprentice
let's see...

The only stage I hate is mushroom kingdom...

now that that's out of the way...

My favorite is prly kongo jungle good music and cool colors. Then Hyrule, then dreamland, then saffron, then zebes...

Then the whatever stages, I enjoy them but don't pick to play them often... Yoshi's, sector z, peach's castle...

that's all of them right?

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I dislike nados but I overall like Hyrule.

my favorite stage is probably Peach's castle.
i agree. hyrule is my favorite because of all the things mentioned earlier (good size, variety, etc.) but i do hate the nados. i always seem to get pwned by them. its like they have a personal vendetta against me or something :(

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
i agree. hyrule is my favorite because of all the things mentioned earlier (good size, variety, etc.) but i do hate the nados. i always seem to get pwned by them. its like they have a personal vendetta against me or something :(
Aren’t they programmed to go after the dominant player to even things out?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Link has some good ones against heavies and can even get some good ones on floaties. Aa showed us a simple throw>utilt(R x w/e) > bair > w/e

DMoogle

A$
Ness can combo in the **** tent very very easily, he just lacks a finisher. I'd put him in high tier. I think he's better in the **** tent than Falcon is (at least when playing against someone who can DI well).

Top Bottom