• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Book

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I'm reading Fahreneit 451 right now, it's very intriguing, and makes you aware of what we're approaching. I have to read it for my English class, but I fully enjoy it.

Another book I didn't think that I would like, but ended up being one of my favorites is Native Son, by Richard Wright.

I also enjoy the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett (I particularly enjoyed Night Watch), and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is great too.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I <3 Dan Brown, and no I am not a random Da Vinci Code band wagoner for all you people who may be tempted to make that judgement. =P I actually enjoyed both Angels & Demons and Digital Fortress more than The Da Vinci Code. I haven't gotten to read Deception Point yet though.

Lets see, what else... It's been quite some time sicne I've read it but I thouroughly enjoyed Ender's Game. Even today I contend that the zero grav sport/combat training game they played would be the coolest thing ever to play. XD

I'll also throw it LOTR for redundant kicks (if that even makes sense o_O), and the Shannara trilogy along with the Heritage of Shannara four book series, both by Terry Brooks. I definately recommend them to any LOTR/fantasy-adventure enthusiast.

I'm a bit surprised at all the support for what were required readings for me, namely Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird. The books were certainly far from awful but weren't particularly interesting in my humble opinion. The Catcher in the Rye though is an entirely different breed of requried reading. That book was just too unique (and surprisingly deep) to not like.

Anyway, I'd have to say my favorite book is "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells. I'm not sure why,I just love it!
:laugh: That reminds me of a certain Penny Arcade strip: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/05

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Ender's Game, The Pelican Brief, The Client, The Martian Chronicles, The Face and The Hobbit. Those are all very good reads. Pelican Brief and Client are by John Grisham, who happens to be my favorite author. Excellent page turners.. all of those books.

John Grisham writes a lot of law novels, so if you're not into that stuff, just ignore those I guess. Any of the others I think anyone would enjoy.

Peeze

Smash Master
I hate picking Favorite Anythings

except for songs

But, for serious works, I'd probably have to go with Lord of the Flies, or maybe 1984.
Yeah i agree with you. George Orwell is my favorite writer, with Animal Farm and 1984 being my favorite books, then Lord of the Flies.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I'm reading Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman right now, it's pretty good.

My favorite books include anything by Chuck Palahniuk, the author of Fight Club. Favorite include:

Fight Club
Survivor
Choke
Lullaby

I suggest you read them all.

Top Bottom