• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite band/music?

LabotomyLab

Smash Rookie
Just wondering what most of the people on here listen to.....

For me its mostly Hardcore and Screamo stuff like.....

Deadpoetic
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
A.F.I
Panic! at the Disco
Black Label Society
Silverstein
Norma Jean
Lamb of God
System of a Down
Flogging Molly
Underoath
etc..

I also used to listen to J-Rock and J-Pop but after Ukada Hikaru sold herself out to a kim Possible music video i *burns all J-Rock and J-Pop cd's* but i did keep one Malice Mizer if you know who they are...

RainOfDarkness

Smash Journeyman
i dig alot of different styles. ill list a couple.
1 sevendust 7. linkin park.. of course
2 nonpoint 8. incubus
3as i lay dying 9.NAS.. hes just the man.
4 killswitch engage 10.Tool
5 gorrilaz!!!1 11. Lacuna Coil..... im going to stop now.. i think i could go on forever lol.
6 digable plants

Emily26

Smash Rookie
I really prefer classical and jazz, but there are a few bands I like... some of which I'd be surprised if any one on here has heard of...

America, Bread, The Beatles, The Eagles, Chicago, Air Supply, and some songs by Bee Gees.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Oldies - Queen, Chicago, The Who, and basically anything else you can find on the radio
New Stuff - Emery, Kids in the Way, Showbread, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Boys Night Out, Finch, and many more.

saberhof

Smash Master
Just wondering what most of the people on here listen to.....

For me its mostly Hardcore and Screamo stuff like.....

Deadpoetic
A.F.I
Panic! at the Disco
Black Label Society
Silverstein
Norma Jean
Lamb of God
System of a Down
Flogging Molly
Underoath
etc..
very nice bands!, i have lots of bands, but im to lazy to post em, go to my Hardcore,rock,etc Thread XD you will see em all there lol.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Funk
80's (eye of the tiger, hes a champ)
Tiesto
TI
JT
dance/any you can break to
chingy
outcast
linkin park
some current and classic rock

lol wow so im basically the opposite of what most of you guys like....

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
SOAD = #1
MSI, Motley Crue, Disturbed, and Korn are good too (no specific order).

Kragen

Smash Ace
On my MP3:
The Sheer
Arctic Monkeys
Foo Fighters
The Infadels
Kane
Panic! At the Disco
Lost Prophets
Snow Patrol
Franz Ferdninand
The Kooks
New Found Glory
Coldplay

Want some songs of (but my C disk is full =\ )
Boys Like Girls
The Robocop Kraus
Taking Back Sunday
Fall Out Boy
Far From Finished
Joy Division

Quite a list =P
I even have more on my pc. Also more genres, likes jazz, electronic&dance, indie, alternative (&punk), folk and even classical (so...calming =P)

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Rock/Metal, Feeder, Muse, Children of Bodom, Metallica, ZZ Top, Audioslave, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Jimi Hendrix and the Experience, Alice Cooper, Alice in Chains, Bloodsimple, Bon Jovi, Chimaira, Cold, Chris Cornell, Damageplan, The Datsuns, Eagle-Eye Cherry, Edguy, The Exies, Foo Fighters, Fuel, The Futureheads, Garth Brooks, Godsmack, Imperanon, In Flames, Iron Maiden, James Brown, Jamiroquai, Jimmy Eat World, Johnny Cash, Kings of Leon, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Machine Head, Nickelback, Nightwish, Nirvana, Norther, Opeth, Outkast, Pantera, Passenger, Porcupine Tree, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, Rammstein, Red Hot Chili Peppers (old), Santana, Silent Civilian, Sinergy, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica, Spectre General (Kick Axe), Spineshank, Static-X, Stereophonics, The Verve, The Vines..
I also listen to The Haunted but only causes they have some good songs in amongst the bad.

Copied straight from my space. You should all take note people, there are alot of bad lists flying around. I'm looking at you LabotomyLab. I'm looking at you.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Lately, http://www.muzie.co.jp/cgi-bin/artist.cgi?id=a002528 she(he?) has been my favorite thing to listen to. Omg, amazing artist. SOOOOOO beautiful, I can't get over it. Heavily inspires me.

As for stuff people have probably heard of.. I love Imogen Heap, The Mars Volta, Dream Theater, System of a Down, Seal, Rescue(acapella group with the lowest bass in the world, Tim Storms, based in Oregon), John Mayer, Ulver, Sigur Ros, various Bemani artists(IIDX, DDR, etc), TaQ, dj taka, Amy Grant(old stuff), Sheryl Crow(old stuff), Aphex Twin's IDM/DnB tracks, My Chemical Romance, Nobuo Uematsu, Motoi Sakuraba, Dashboard Confessional, Death Cab for Cutie/Postal Service, Linkin Park, Moss Eisley, The Wallflowers, Billy Joel, Third Eye Blind, SGX(www.supergreenx.com), onoken(http://www.muzie.co.jp/cgi-bin/artist.cgi?id=a001564), various artists from muzie.co.jp, and Bach. No particular order. That's what I listen to most.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i used to be the type of person dat could only listen to one type of music....which was rap/hip hop...but then i realized i should open my horizens and that there was no reason to not listen to all the other types out there...now i am so open in my selection of music it aint even funny...i listen to:
hip hop/rap/r&b: pretty much any type of new school hip hop im fine wit...

rock/punk/metal/ and all the other types: system of a down, disturbed, drowning pool, ramstein. three days grace, fallout boy, bullet for my valentine, korn, linkin park, atreyu, nonpoint....and A LOT of others

techno/dance/electronica/ drum&bass/ industrial: this stuff is REALLY cool and gets your blood pumping...i think like the my favorite group out of these genres is PRODIGY....they are too cool....if you havent heard it yet...listen to "spitfire" by prodigy....the perfect example of why i like this genre...

videogame/ anime music: many people overlook these songs but they are pretty dam good...i like ocremixes of songs...these are some games that i believe to have a wonderful soundtrack or just good music: halo, ff, KH:1&2, metroid series, mario series, zelda series....and a lot of others...as for music from animes...i like songs from samurai champloo, naruto, ghost in a shell: SAC, dbz, and a lot of others for that too...

classical: i just recently started listening to some classical...like mozarts "corbana o fortuna"...something like that

reggaeton: hey...im puerto rican...i hear this stuff all over...so i like it..also...its great music to dance oo when you wanna get real close to your gurlie friend...

jpop: this is very very very limted..i usually hate japanese songs...my sister listens to it all the time..and i absolutely hate them..but there are some good select songs..like some from namie amuro and some from utada hikaru...i think miz got a good song or two as well...and maybe ayumi and boa....

well yeah..i have a pretty braod range of music interets..so to all the people who cant stand rock..or cant stand hip hop..you should learn to accept all music...its easier to enjoy music as a overall.....peace

-hiroshi

joshisrad

Smash Lord
And for a new twist to this thread, let's plaster horrible stereotypes on eachother based on our musical preferences!

ky

Smash Ace
HIp-Hop, reggae, and R&B are my thing

I just can't get with the whole emo/gothic screaming music. Now the softer sounding ones like Linkin park, a FEW Evanescence, and Yellowcard I can deal with.
just add rap to that list and we have the same taste in music

*/ShadowFlare\*

Smash Cadet
You should all take note people, there are alot of bad lists flying around. I'm looking at you LabotomyLab. I'm looking at you.
...props to sporkman for having the balls to smack talk someone elses list when his talks volumes on his unwillingness to LET GO OF THE EIGHTIES!!!!:chuckle:

but really tho...my list is fairly varied. im into all kinds of things. heres just a few of my favs from different genres:

2pac (tied for 1st)
Dashboard Confessional (tied for 1st) (cant wait for your reply on this one sporkman:laugh: )
Sublime
The Game
Underoath
The Used
Damone
Biggie Smalls
The Spill Canvas
Portugal. The Man

others...ive got close to 1200 songs on iTUNES. music is my life honestly. im in a band and everything:) . Great lists everyone

PerfectSickness

Smash Cadet
Columbus, Ohio (Smash Capital of the WORLD!)
heh

...props to sporkman for having the balls to smack talk someone elses list when his talks volumes on his unwillingness to LET GO OF THE EIGHTIES!!!!:chuckle:

but really tho...my list is fairly varied. im into all kinds of things. heres just a few of my favs from different genres:

2pac (tied for 1st)
Dashboard Confessional (tied for 1st) (cant wait for your reply on this one sporkman:laugh: )
Sublime
The Game
Underoath
The Used
Damone
Biggie Smalls
The Spill Canvas
Portugal. The Man

others...ive got close to 1200 songs on iTUNES. music is my life honestly. im in a band and everything:) . Great lists everyone

Pretty good except spill canvas WORST BAND EVER

throw in some three days grace
a little sum 41 and some eminem and youll be alright..

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Why you little whipper snapper! There are plenty of young hip bands in my list! like Children of Bodom, Muse ... Silent Civilian ... and er .... ... ..... James Brown?

There's alot more stuff on my windows media player, i just didn't consider myself to like them untill after that list was written. The Haunted is one of them, all i ever used to have was 99. I suppose my music taste is heavily rooted in the 80s and 90s but when you see how screwed up todays music media is who can blame me? Most people classify lost prophets and funeral for a friend as metal these days which is just a joke. They think bands such as taking back sunday and My Chemical Bum Cancer are 'hardcore shizznaz' and it's for those people i always keep a The Berzerker song in my back pocket. I'm not saying I'm 'extreme' for anyone who tries to pull that one, i dont even like the The Berzerker incase that's what you read, Grindcore doesn't sit well with me at all. But i still prefer it to those gays with the side fringe +1.

And saberhof, the list is restricted by what I have and haven't heard. I listened to some Lamb of God a few days ago and i got to say, its looking good for them ...... ........ Just makes me rue my friend who has his Unholy Alliance ticket. That's Lamb of God, Slayer, Children of Bodom and In Flames. I think there's another band but they aren't important...

finally, i want everyone to listen to The Medication ALL THE WAY through on The Haunted's myspace:- http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=37246637

Enjoy!

saberhof

Smash Master
And saberhof, the list is restricted by what I have and haven't heard. I listened to some Lamb of God a few days ago and i got to say, its looking good for them ...... ........ Just makes me rue my friend who has his Unholy Alliance ticket. That's Lamb of God, Slayer, Children of Bodom and In Flames. I think there's another band but they aren't important...
what list 0_O?>...

to the other guy:He isnt stuck to the eighties, he might like the music but dude. Childen of bodom is like uber hardcore so to speak, theyre not as good as lamb of god but u get the point

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
this is gonna be a LONG one. here we go...

3 Doors Down
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice In Chains
Avenged Sevenfold
The Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Beck
Black Sabbath
Blink 182
Bowling For Soup
Cheap Trick
Children Of Bodom
The Clash
Cradle Of Filth
Dead Kennedys
Disturbed
The Doors
Elvis Costello
Elvis Presley
Eminem
Evanescence
Foo Fighters
Goldfinger
Gorillaz
Green Day
Guttermouth
Hoobastank
Iggy Pop
Jimmy Eat World
The Killers
The Kinks
Korn
Led Zepellin
Lenny Kravitz
Lifehouse
Linkin Park
Louis XIV
MegaDeth
Metallica
Mindless Self Indulgence
My Chemical Romance
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
No Doubt
NOFX
The Offspring
Okkervil River
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd
Queen
Queens Of The Stone Age
The Ramones
Rancid
The Rolling Stones
Slipknot
Smash Mouth
Staind
Story Of The Year
Sum 41
System Of A Down
Taking Back Sunday
They Might Be Giants
Three Days Grace
Tom Petty
The Used
Van Halen
The Who
The Zombies
ZZ Top

BIG C

Smash Master
i listen to too much crap to put in here but obviously its all about fort minor and pokemon music thats right im 17 and still listen to my pokemon music

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
And for a new twist to this thread, let's plaster horrible stereotypes on eachother based on our musical preferences!
C'mon man, you can't say that that person doesn't have the most generic taste in music.

Blink 182, Wolfmother, Youth Group, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Coheed and Cambria, Mock Orange, Powderfinger, The Living End, Sum 41, Smashing Pumpkins, Death Cab for Cutie, Green Day, Iron and Wine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Jamiroquai, Get Set Go, Dragonforce and Chemical Brothers.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
My favorite type of music would be classic rock. There's some pretty sweet stuff there.

Favorite Bands/Artists include:
Pink Floyd (most favorite)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Boston
Steve Miller Band
The Beatles
Eric Clapton (and Cream)
The Who

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
My favorites are:

Underoath
Senses Fail
Saosin
Thursday
The Used
Bullet For My Valentine
Atreyu
Chiodos
From Autumn To Ashes
Silverstein
Endwell
Alkaline Trio

Anything in the category of emo/screamo or metal. Hip hop and rap are awful to me.

Top Bottom