• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
man, i really wish 99.9% of you people who said dbz/naruto was your favorite anime would look outside of cartoon network.
they're the worst filler animes i have ever laid eyes on.

a few favorites of mine: one piece, texhnolyze, prince of tennis, hunter x hunter, fate/stay night, hajime no ippo, and keroro gunso. :}

DROK

Smash Rookie
The anime i like are one piece, naruto, hellsing, evangelion, cowboy bebop, ranma 1/2, trigun, gun grave, kenshin, and more.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I just realised why a despised Naruto... It's cause it's all about fighting (which seems to attract alot of boys) and few times is the fighting actually interesting. The other timees when it actually does try to use something else such as romance, comedy etc... barely works. I only know a few episodes where a joke was made that I actually laughed at, and the romance, which really is important in most anime, even if there is no actual lovey dovey scenes, is absolutely horrible in Naruto. I guess some people will always be attracted to animes where there is fighting and "cool" characters, no matter how they age.

Uli

Smash Champion
flcl, eva, fma, naruto ( i saw all of these a year before they came out ins cartonnetwork in fact i dont even have cartoonnetwork)
any1 heard of tsubasa chronicles?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I'm currently watching the Disgaea anime, and it's decent, despite its obvious slant towards a younger audience. I'm also considering picking up xxxHOLIC and Fate/Stay Night fairly soon as well. Other than that, I'm still following Ah! My Goddess Season 2, Blood+ (which is still excellent), Bleach, Mushishi, and School Rumble 2nd Semester.

My best words of wisdom at this time are this: GET SCHOOL RUMBLE AT ALL COSTS!

That is all.

[TLT]BloodFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Mi Favorite Anime is Saint Seiya, but now i Like City hunter ( An Old Anime), ano Now the "continuation" Angel Heart!!! >___< Nice!!!
After:
-Shin Seiki Evangelion (Neon Genesis...)
-Naruto
-Gantz
-Elfen Lied
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Tenjou Tenge
-and more.. Captain Tsubasa... Dragon Ball Z.. xD I don't Remeber all!!

Synt ^^

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
[TLT]BloodFalcon said:
-Elfen Lied
i can believe plp really ove that anime (is freaking crazy that heads and blood are all jumping everywere *freak out*

anyway the favorite anime i like are bleach, hellsing, itsubasa chronicle, yugioh gx (OMG!!), saint seiya hades chapters (there the best, YEAH!!).

and i actually find and anime that most interest me, is a mario anime (yeah you might think is lame), but am actually looking for it, here some links for all of you that can help me find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMKxdSI7lk&search=mario anime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAvrPZRuKrU&search=bowser and peach

yeah looks quite old school anime, but heck i like it.

just putting it there for the plp that could help me get it (plz am like freaking crazy :()

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Man, my friends just rented this comedy anime I'd never heard of, Cromartie High School. It's awesome and hilarious. It takes place in a school for delinquents full of insane, awesome characters. It's easily the funniest anime I've ever seen, it doesn't use cliche jokes like guys spying on girls or whatever. It's just so random, but with a method to the madness. Most of the episodes end very abruptly. One of the characters is based off of Freddie Mercury and I can't help but laugh every time he is on the screen. I've only seen the first eight episodes, ut I definitely want to see the rest very soon.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Thanks for the recommendation, tmw, I looked into it and am as of now picking it up!

Da Man, the reason that there are so many that you've never heard of is because a majority of all animes never appear in the US. But thankfully, there are zounds of groups out there that will sub the episodes using their own talents and release them for the rest of us to enjoy. It's easy enough to figure out once you realize what you're into and find a good few websites to help you out along the way.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have very randomly swung back into Pokemon, so happy that the episodes are back on inthe morning xD

But yeah, recently been watching Ouran High School Host Club, which is a super cute and happy anime, originally a manga which I love and adore and I think it's been translated over to anime very well, the humour and characters have been kept fantastically. It's a bit of a gender bender, a high school host club accidently mistaking a new student as a male and making her part of the host club xD Very adorable ^^

Watched a few eps of Hellsing too, which I actually enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would, I'm a bit of a wuss usually xD

And Full Metal Alchemist is love <3

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Hajime no Ippo >>>>>>>> Naruto, and I'm a big Naruto fan. Sry, but this anime is just outstanding, even if you don't love sports.

[TLT]BloodFalcon

Smash Apprentice
PerfectSickness said:
Evangelion is THE GREATEST ANIME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's Right!!! is the Best Anime!!

But... Saint Seiya is best to!! xD Saga!!!!!!
Hellsing
City Hunter
Angel Heart
Ring ni Kakero
Fuuma no Kojiro (yeah I'm Kurumada fan!)

And i like the Manga of The Legend of Zelda xP

Synt

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Koreandj111 said:
Hajime no Ippo >>>>>>>> Naruto, and I'm a big Naruto fan. Sry, but this anime is just outstanding, even if you don't love sports.
I agree, but there are still better animes. Ippo was a very good series as far as introducing the viewers to something that would otherwise be unknown to anything but avid fans of the sport. Wish they had continued the series a bit further though... to my understanding, some of the best stuff comes later along in the series (according to people who've read the manga).

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
South Park FTW!

What?! It's also Anime, American Anime, but still, anime :p

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
MetalShade said:
Its hard for me to choose, So i have 3 favorites! Neon Genesis Evangelion (go watch it!!), Love Hina, and Hellsing.
"Evangelion" is amazing--my favorite as well! But... "Hellsing" has no depth and the story's a little messed up...

If you liked "Evangelion," check out "RahXephon" too!

Oh and "South Park" is NOT anime; by definition, anime is "Japanese animation." South Park is an animated series, and a very good one at that, but it cannot be considered anime.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Eidolon said:
Oh and "South Park" is NOT anime; by definition, anime is "Japanese animation." South Park is an animated series, and a very good one at that, but it cannot be considered anime.
we know that, but the series is so GOOD, more cooler that and anime (OMG!!! americans are kicking japanese butt, imposible)

but we all know thats not true, any anime rocks american shows , even american comercials are own by japanese (just don't that hentai, yaoi or yuri, rules, because those are gross and suck)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I like the Simpons, South Park and Pokemon. I'm suprised that nobody mentioned the Simpsons yet since they are the longest running cartoon show in history. (I might be wrong though)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Black Cat was indeed an awesome series, but I haven't looked into Tsubasa Chronicles yet. What's it about?

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Omnigamer said:
Black Cat was indeed an awesome series, but I haven't looked into Tsubasa Chronicles yet. What's it about?
a very weird anime, but its cool, the thing i don't like is that sakura and li (correct me if i spell wrong there names) from sakura card captors (never like it, really) and makona (or something like that, from rayearth, which i only seen the OVAS) appear in this anime, pretty weird that some other anime characters in some new anime, can they just let the characters die with there show (though this aren't the only characters that appear, but i really am not interested in this anime, i know is a very good one, but not my type of anime, i always pick my animes just because of the characters in them, thats why i also don't like naruto).

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Da Man said:
I like the Simpons, South Park and Pokemon. I'm suprised that nobody mentioned the Simpsons yet since they are the longest running cartoon show in history. (I might be wrong though)
Maybe it's because The Simpsons isn't anime and this is the anime thread.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
tmw_redcell ftw!
i saw some naruto spoilers the other day after the three years of training, ZOMG!!

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
Hey mc-killa, "Hedgehog's Dilemma" (in your sig)--that's from "Evangelion" isn't it?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Okurama said:
a very weird anime, but its cool, the thing i don't like is that sakura and li (correct me if i spell wrong there names) from sakura card captors (never like it, really) and makona (or something like that, from rayearth, which i only seen the OVAS) appear in this anime, pretty weird that some other anime characters in some new anime, can they just let the characters die with there show (though this aren't the only characters that appear, but i really am not interested in this anime, i know is a very good one, but not my type of anime, i always pick my animes just because of the characters in them, thats why i also don't like naruto).
its sakura,Li and Tomoyo that have the same names from ccs

and yeah my sig is from evangelion

chubble

Smash Cadet
Princess Monokoe is the best anime movie ever you guys/girls need to see it just dl it it ropes

Top Bottom