• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK Music for Smash

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai:How many of these songs can we add?
SNK: Yes!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah; don't get used to it; Because:
A. It's Expensive(It costs money to be allowed to use another game's track)
B. Sakurai has made it clear that SSBU is on A Budget(as that's why SE only allowed for 2 tracks for Final Fantasy & Only the Midi songs for DQ, as an entire orchestra just to perform a few songs is NOT cheap; and also why every DLC Fighter from Hero-Onwards is Live-streamed instead of a Fancy showcase like they did for Joker)
C. Not every company is as stupidly Generous as SNK. . .
I don't know how expensive it is to use pre-existing tunes for the OST, it might be?

I don't believe chiptune songs were used because they were cheap, I believe the chiptunes were used because the composer is well known for being stingy for games so he can sell the orchestral albums later. Dragon Quest XIs was the only version of the game that had orchestral tracks and that was probably like pulling teeth.

SNK certainly is generous.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I really enjoy listening to Rio Hamamoto's rendition of the Art of Fight theme as well as Masami Ueda's Banquet of Nature and Noriyuki Iwadare's Stormy Saxaphone 2 songs.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I enjoy these SNK Smash remixes, especially Yoko Shimomura’s remix of Pasta from Fatal Fury 2.

SuperNintendoChalmers

Banned via Warnings
Some of the KoF/FF themes are pretty darn catchy and at the same time faitfhul to the originals.

The Metal Slug tunes were a pleasant surprise. Love the Assualt Theme in particular.

The FF2 Pasta theme is utterly gorgeous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom