• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fastfall sweetspot!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've noticed that the chances of hitting with a sweetspot Bair, Fair, and Dair increase after fastfalling. Rarely does one of these not connect with a sweetspot after a quick fastfall. I thought that this would be some really useful info if anyone wanted to incorporate a shorthop attack style with Zelda because when it does connect it is so deadly, especially the spike; it kills 99% of the time regardless of damage when of the edge, but then edge hogging will finish them.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been doing this for quite a while now. As an opponent gets closer I tend to short hop then quickly fastfall while using the c-stick to either f-air or b-air and often, for me anyway, the hit will land.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Assuming you use a GC controller, if you slide from X to A quickly, you can do the f-air right off the ground. This doesn't work with short opponents though.

I'll try doing with with the b-air though. Thanks for the info. : D

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It is really really difficult for me to consistently short hop fast fall fairs and bairs. The main thing that gets me is inputting the down, i tend to input it before the peak of the jump, when it isn't allowed. even with that straight, it's difficult to get the drop on the jump at the right time, do the attack at the right time, move horizontally closer to the opponent (if necessary).

Am i alone?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It is really really difficult for me to consistently short hop fast fall fairs and bairs. The main thing that gets me is inputting the down, i tend to input it before the peak of the jump, when it isn't allowed. even with that straight, it's difficult to get the drop on the jump at the right time, do the attack at the right time, move horizontally closer to the opponent (if necessary).

Am i alone?
Instead of fastfalling immediately, float in your shorthop for a second, like a G&W approach and then come with either the b-air or f-air. Give it a shot

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Assuming you use a GC controller, if you slide from X to A quickly, you can do the f-air right off the ground. This doesn't work with short opponents though.

I'll try doing with with the b-air though. Thanks for the info. : D
Good point. Usually with the shorties I have no choice but to get them on the way down so what I do is similar to a G&W approach with the turtle. Float a little in the shorthop than nail either the f-air or b-air after a quick fastfall. BAM! take that shorties!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
pssh.... whi jumps using X? Up's the way to go man.

(no. you don't have to kill me, I realize I'm about the only one still using up to jump)

S2

Smash Lord

(no. you don't have to kill me, I realize I'm about the only one still using up to jump)

LOL to that.

I found during Melee that most people have a dedicated way of jumping (be it up, X, or Y) and that they can't understand how other people can stand jumping differently.

Probably whatever you learn on. Personally, I can't jump with up at all. I have to use X, I'm uncoordinated with Y or Up.

When I played in the GS tournament that made you use the nunchuck, I picked Olimar (because the recovery autotracks the edge) and stayed grounded the whole time. I could not jump attack or recover basically at all with those controls.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord

:p

I use both. But for the purposes of this move, sliding from X to A is much easier to time properly than using your left and right hands. imo.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
:p

I use both. But for the purposes of this move, sliding from X to A is much easier to time properly than using your left and right hands. imo.
I use X to cancel peach's jump so that she'll glide on the ground. But otherwise, up always.

though ladders make me hate it so much. <_<

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I tend to switch from up to x to y. It really depends on what I'm doing and how much time I have to do it. I think I may switch the tap jump off though so I can utilt better.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
nice find ill input it on my zelda which i have trouble doing it on pikachus

Top Bottom