• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farore's double hit

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
heres a little trick i'm not sure if many ppl know that i just figured out...Zelda's Up+B can hit twice! After the pre-teleportation hit go up usually slightly sideways to hit them again. But it only works at a certain percentage range, according to my testing about 110-160%

well i guess its not that useful lol and u'll probably be going for smashes at that range but it can be awesome if u do get it i think:laugh:

i'm really much more of a sheik player and only rarely switch to zelda but i should at least try and get competent with her heh

Iris

Smash Ace
Whoa, it hits twice AND moves her? I should start using this move.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
No, it hits, moves her, and hits again.

Attempting to hit with the startup of FW is a dangerous and unnecessary risk, especially cause of it's ridiculously small range. If you want to use FW offensively, just use the 'reappearing' hit.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
yeah i know its nothing groundbreaking lol

its just kinda hard to do but cool when u pull it off

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
I do it a lot on the sandbag on wifi. If you hit it enough, the sandbag will shoot up from the startup hit, and will also get hit by the reappearing hit if you aim your FW directly up.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
yeah thats what i got the idea from doing it on Sandbag, w/ him though its easier u just go straight up but against another char u usually have to go slightly sideways like i said

o and i forgot to say it does 22% damage...pretty decent

it is kinda risky but i suppose if u do miss the first hit u can at least teleport along the ground

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Sounds VERY risky. Even if you get a hit with the first sluggish hitbox, and aim right, what's to say your opponent won't airdodge and uair you into the blastline?

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i don't think he'd have enough time to airdodge but i'll have to test that...

EDIT: awww man ur right...guess that renders this pretty useless :(

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I managed to make this useful actually.

Snake was at about 100% damage or so and we were both off the edge. I think he was trying to edgeguard. Regardless, it was smashville, we were diagonally below the stage. He went for an attack, but I used farore's first. it hit him so he DId twoard the stage and was almost at the ledge when I reapeared rigt on top of him, grabbed the ledge and stagespiked him with farore's reappearance hitbox.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
I managed to make this useful actually.

Snake was at about 100% damage or so and we were both off the edge. I think he was trying to edgeguard. Regardless, it was smashville, we were diagonally below the stage. He went for an attack, but I used farore's first. it hit him so he DId twoard the stage and was almost at the ledge when I reapeared rigt on top of him, grabbed the ledge and stagespiked him with farore's reappearance hitbox.
awesome:)
i guess there can still be those rare occasions...still the first hit doesn't have great priority, but thats cool at least its not totally useless heh

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
The first hit starts killing vertically at 180% D: Tested on Peach from the center of FD :D

Top Bottom