• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Arcade (Granada Hills, CA) Brawl Tourney: Sunday, May 25th (NO CAP)

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
Family Fun Arcade (Granada Hills, CA) Brawl Tourney: Sunday, May 25th
Please Note: Rules are subject to change.

Family Fun Arcade - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament - Memorial Day Weekend

RESULTS WILL BE POSTED VIA TIO/ALL IS BRAWL!*

Where:
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA
(818) 360-0419

When:
Sunday, May 25th, 2008
Sign-ups 11:00 AM.

Teams Tournament starts: 12:00 PM
Singles Tournament starts: 4:00 PM
Rules:
Entry Fee: $8 ($5 Pot, $3 Venue) <-- (Bring your Wii + Brawl game and get in FREE if we use it... WE NEED WIIS!)
*If you wish to sign-up both for Teams and Singles it is $15 per person.
Late Entry: If you arrive during Elimination Pools, you will be entered into an existing but not-yet-played pool. $2 Late Fee. If the tournament starts late and pools have not yet started, there will be no late fee. Pools will take approximately 2-3 hours to finish.
Controllers: No Remote Controllers (i.e.: Wiimotes) Allowed.

Swiss-Bracket Elimination Format:
IF THERE ARE MORE THAN 64 players: There will be 8 or 16 pools of players, roughly even. Each pool is a round-robin format, single match. The top 4 or 2 players with the highest score will emerge from each pool into a 32-man Double Elimination bracket with a one-loss penalty applied to the lower-ranking survivor of each pool. All matches from here will be Two out of Three with the exception of Finals-level matches(Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals and Grand Finals).

Stock: 3
Timer: 7:00
Prizes: 70/20/10 if under 64 players (Tournament Standard). 60/25/10/5 (1st-4th) Split if at least 64 players. NO CAP
Items: None

Note: More stations will be available (At least 6), and the malfunctioned TV from the last tournament will not be used at all.

PS: Sorry about the fudged bracket upload on Allisbrawl for the last one- I wasn't aware that a followup process was involved. I'll work on that today.

Cross-post: Shoryuken.com (Pending)
Cross-post: Allisbrawl

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Stages:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Hey Glenn I think they fixed the DDR pads while I was at FFA today, so might as well get some a few games in :D

Arlieth Tralare

Smash Cadet
By the way, when you sign up, please sign up according to your Allisbrawl.com account name. Sorting this stuff out after posting TIO results is :psycho:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yay for starting singles earlier, although i kinda do wish you guys would just start when doubles is over, to avoid a big gap in the case that not many teams show up.

Who am i teaming with? Luggage? Plan 9?

edit: nvm, teaming with psychomidge

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
pricey? really? haha, i find it pretty cheap, you can split a 16" between like 3 people, you'll be full off 2 slices, 3 and you're insane.

Id_asz

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering about the next tournament we'll hold. Would it be feasible to do two tournaments (both singles)? One with these rules the second with EVO rules? There's two reasons why I'd like to see this:

1) It would get everybody used to the EVO rules when/if they're going to EVO to compete.
2) If we get video footage of why the EVO rules won't work with a direct comparison of the results from SWF rules then maybe Mr. Wizard would consider a change.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Silent Scope is still broken and DDR/ITG both have perfect pads that were just fixed a week ago (Don't forget to bring you're USB flash drive for ITG).

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
if it's EVO rules, i won't be attending, and i'm sure many others won't either.

if i wanted to play a game where the winner is random, i'd enter a coin toss tournament.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mr Wizard won't change the rules.

Pimp Willy

Smash Rookie
Last time you took items off, you said that once Evo rules were announced, you'd begin to run evo rule tournaments to prepare people to win. Is this still the plan? Or was that only going to hold true if the evo rules continued to already fall in line with what you expected? I'd really like to get some evo rule tournament practice in, so we're not going into Evo unexperienced

festizzio

Smash Champion
Last time you took items off, you said that once Evo rules were announced, you'd begin to run evo rule tournaments to prepare people to win. Is this still the plan? Or was that only going to hold true if the evo rules continued to already fall in line with what you expected? I'd really like to get some evo rule tournament practice in, so we're not going into Evo unexperienced
I'm pretty sure we're not even going to Evo.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
You don't understand. We want things our way and if that doens't happen we ***** and moan until it does, if that fails we pout and ignore what we don't like.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Why the **** do you care, you don't even want Brawl at EVO.

Pimp Willy

Smash Rookie
Why the **** do you care, you don't even want Brawl at EVO.
That's true, after seeing the reception of brawl and the handling and reaction of the community to the new game, I completely 100% agree that brawl doesn't deserve a spot at Evo over the countless other communities who would LOVE to be represented. But alas, brawl is in, and so it would make sense to practice the Evo ruleset to prepare, no? Of course you may not be planning to go, but there was an explicit statement from Arileth that Evo rules would be run to prepare those who plan to go for Evo. So I was just wondering if that was still the plan.

jocund50

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jocund teach me how to play a real fighting game
not some cheap nintendo attempt at one
lol sure anytime, I can teach you Melty Blood, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike or Guilty Gear.

and in return, teach me melee :D

Top Bottom