• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Falco's Tournament Representation

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Ok to start off, I've been maining as :4falco: ever since he was introduced back in melee. I really enjoy playing as Falco, however I keep hearing from friends who have the new Smash (I don't own a 3ds, waiting on wii u version) that he isn't a viable character anymore and that most people who mained him in Brawl and since switched to new characters.

I know he can no longer chaingrab and that short hop laser isn't doable unless with the fox custom laser, I also know that he now has a longer start-up on his Dair. But because of these changes and what my friends have told me, I'm starting to get a little worried that we wont see any Falco representation in tournaments.

I personally will continue to main as :4falco: unless I really like how another character feels, and I would love to participate in tournaments, but what does the community feel on this issue?

drogulus

Smash Rookie
Well, FoW won a tournament in Las Vegas last night and he played Falco vs. Diddy in the final game of the grand finals. I'm not sure how good the Diddy player was, but FoW made Falco look pretty decent. There's a VoD of the tourney somewhere if you wanna see the game.

drogulus

Smash Rookie
I would like to see that video :) Helps me understand how some people are playing Falco in Smash 4.
I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't link, but if you search "newmetastream" on Twitch you should be able to find their channel. Then just go to past broadcasts and it's the most recent one "DVDA Vegas Smash 3DS Tournament". The Falco game starts at 4 hours 59 minutes.

Last edited:

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
I will have to watch this when I have time, I'd love to see how good this guy is! Can't wait to personally get into the competitive scene with Smash 4 wii u. Hoping there are some good tourneys near Baltimore!

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
I will have to watch this when I have time, I'd love to see how good this guy is! Can't wait to personally get into the competitive scene with Smash 4 wii u. Hoping there are some good tourneys near Baltimore!
I think the MD/VA area has a pretty active Smash scene, so check Facebook for groups and of course the regional forums here on SmashBoards. Whether the Sm4sh scene there will grow is another thing, but show them how good Falco is and you'll definitely attract some people. :)

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Will do! Idk why, but ever since Melee Falco has "clicked" with me, and if Smash 4 has the same effect that Melee and Brawl did, he will once again become my main.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Smash 4 Falco doesn't play like Brawl Falco. I was a Brawl Falco main and I just can't get into him so far. I'm holding off on my final judgements until the Wii U version but as of now I don't see myself maining him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh, this thread exists... REVIVE! MUHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, it might be a good idea to keep track of who uses Falco. So far, I know of GimR, Keitaro, Larry Lurr, @ pawclaw pawclaw , @ Cyro Cyro , and Kato as people who have used Falco in recent, recorded tournaments. @ Zionaze Zionaze , didn't you go to a tournament?

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Well yes I did! My "big" tournament was the Final Battle at the UGC with people like ZeRo, Nakat, and Esam all participating in it and I learned that I was perfectly capable of standing my ground with Falco. And surprisingly a lot of people were using Falco at that tournament. Some were good, some were bad, but I saw some popularity with OG Falco that I never expected to happen.

I've been participating in local tournaments near me for Smash 4 and I usually get a high placement.

Cyro

Airborne
Well yes I did! My "big" tournament was the Final Battle at the UGC with people like ZeRo, Nakat, and Esam all participating in it and I learned that I was perfectly capable of standing my ground with Falco. And surprisingly a lot of people were using Falco at that tournament. Some were good, some were bad, but I saw some popularity with OG Falco that I never expected to happen.

I've been participating in local tournaments near me for Smash 4 and I usually get a high placement.
I was at Final Battle, I saw the Keitaro vs. Warchief ditto live. I also got a 20 second ditto with Keitaro before they kicked us off the set up. However I did use Fox for certain games. In fact, the guy who beat me in winner's (Also a close friend of mine) told me I would have won that set if I hadn't switched to Fox.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
I've seen Keitaro online and in person and talked to him, and he DID play Falco in Brawl, but he has expressed to me that he WISHES he could play falco, but more often than not I see him play Diddy. Then he plays Link, Rosalina, and maybe a couple more on the side.

GimR doesn't main falco, and it really looks like he won't be. I have made a falco highlight video on my channel, and there is plenty of footage on the following channels of me playing: pawclawshow , 8wayrun, teamspooky (1 set at APEX) ,AwesomeGames007 .

I played a few online tournaments and recorded them on my stream, but I never got around to posting them up on facebook. If I got some interest, I could upload full matches from my stream time to time. @ Ffamran Ffamran

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ pawclaw pawclaw , since we have a Falco video thread and more footage would be helpful for everyone, it would be awesome if you could upload and post them.

GimR experiments with a lot of characters, right? Also, I wished Keitaro would play Falco more because Falco needs more representation. There's a lot of misconceptions about him and people just don't know Falco in SSB4 because of how different he is compared to say, Mario who didn't change much throughout the game or Fox who from Brawl to SSB4 is more similar compared to Marth, Falco, and more.

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
@ pawclaw pawclaw , since we have a Falco video thread and more footage would be helpful for everyone, it would be awesome if you could upload and post them.

GimR experiments with a lot of characters, right? Also, I wished Keitaro would play Falco more because Falco needs more representation. There's a lot of misconceptions about him and people just don't know Falco in SSB4 because of how different he is compared to say, Mario who didn't change much throughout the game or Fox who from Brawl to SSB4 is more similar compared to Marth, Falco, and more.
I did post in the Falco video thread. In fact, I got a double post warning in it from you haha. Also, no one talked about the videos i posted. Sadface

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I did post in the Falco video thread. In fact, I got a double post warning in it from you haha. Also, no one talked about the videos i posted. Sadface
Hmm.... I don't remember why you got a double post..., but remember that we sort of talked about you when you were at Apex. :p

pawclaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pawclaw
Hmm.... I don't remember why you got a double post..., but remember that we sort of talked about you when you were at Apex. :p
Awe shucks. Anyway, I posted my highlight video in the middle of that falco thread nearly a month ago, along with a video of a set I did at a tournament hosted at 8onthebreak (on the 8wayrun channel) . You'll find 3 or 4 videos of my falco on that channel.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, time to post those on the video thread. I'll be back.

Last edited:

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Dont know if it really matters but i won a small tournament in second, against 8 friends, the tournament was just to make a ranking among ourselves so it really wasent that big of a deal or event lol, but just wanted to let the board know that im having quite a good run with Falco.

You can see the whole thing here (sets are first to 3 with 2 stocks):
Www.twitch.tv/crimsonmoonking/b/633593773
02:02:55 me(falco) vs c.falcon
03:21:57 me vs peach (my friend destroyed me after i started choking because of the side b spike i missed in the first stock).
03:43:48 me va shiek/yoshi (made the comeback <3)

I played more games but they where played on non-streaming gameset so they where not recorded ;(

Last edited:

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
I know it's tough to play Falco when you could just pick Mario instead, and obviously the top tiers are pretty much ruining everything for mid-tiers, but Falco got written off way too early. Never get to see anyone take using him seriously in tournaments.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
So a couple of hours ago @ pawclaw pawclaw and I joined this 100 man tournament (about 50 showed up) and I some how made it to top 4! Unfortunately us :4falco: were both eliminated by the one and only :4diddy:
Good job man. I main metaknight and I really like him but something about falco just clicks with me.

Cyro

Airborne
Once again I post my results...
Yesterday I went to a Socal regional (My 2nd offline tournament)
Ended up getting 9th out of 47 entrants.
Pretty salty because I lost loser's bracket game 3 with a derp stage spike by :4mario:'s Shoryuken when I feel I could have gotten at least top 5.
I played 4 different Marios that tournament! So if I got the run back on MastaZenyou (PR'd 14th in Socal with Mario) I would have been more ready than I was round 2 in winner's even though we did have a close game 2 (game 1 he spiked me).

Anyways, the brackets are here.

I also beat Perfect_Edge in a set after the tourney so I pretty much knew how that would have went if I did meet with him in Bracket.

The people in charge of bracket seemed to have typo'd my name from EFB Cyro Izarak to Jzarak which is awkward...
They also decided to put 2-0 for all matches that weren't streamed for some reason.

On the bright side -Besides getting a decent/well placing- everyone was saying I'm definitely the best Socal :4falco:
There aren't many good ones to begin with, but I'm pretty satisfied!

Last edited:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
There was a stream but it was pretty bad quality, I was never streamed but you can check it out if you still want to here.
I subbed to your channel hoping to see more of your game play maybe pick up some things. I like how you combated the Captain falcon players chase down speed with the pivot f tilts

Cyro

Airborne
I subbed to your channel hoping to see more of your game play maybe pick up some things. I like how you combated the Captain falcon players chase down speed with the pivot f tilts
Thanks! Yeah I've been slacking on my YouTube, sorry about that. However, I am planning on releasing a Combo/Highlight video soon so you can look forward to that. :b:

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Thanks! Yeah I've been slacking on my YouTube, sorry about that. However, I am planning on releasing a Combo/Highlight video soon so you can look forward to that. :b:
Lol i have been slacking on my channel as well. Can't wait dude looking forward to it

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I play Falco in tournament and to go trying to go to an regional this weekend but I also play some Robin and Marcina in tourney as well.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well I just got 9th in my states regional tournament Roll Tier V in smash 4 which M2K was randomly at and lost to him in winners and a player named Sunny who plays Lucario in losers :( . Tourney had about 64 people so I did ok but vids wasn't recorded til grand finals.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
I just placed top 8 in my local weekly tourney with primarily playing falco, I can't get the challonge link or the stream because it's impossible to find but I did place and i wish I got a picture of it. It was the weekly Friday smash 4 tournament held at the Oomba center in the Laguna Hills mall, CA
:4falco::roypm:

Cyro

Airborne
I just placed top 8 in my local weekly tourney with primarily playing falco, I can't get the challonge link or the stream because it's impossible to find but I did place and i wish I got a picture of it. It was the weekly Friday smash 4 tournament held at the Oomba center in the Laguna Hills mall, CA
:4falco::roypm:
Oh hey, a fellow SoCal Falco. Good stuff!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of reps, it's been a long time since I've seen Keitaro's Falco. He pulls out Falco for the second match at a Crestwood, Illinois tournament, Back in the Game. This is Keitaro's Link and Falco vs. Scrub Lord's Diddy and Sheik: https://youtu.be/95SK9lZr_io.

The commentary doesn't kick in until like 2 minutes in, so don't turn up your headphones or speakers thinking the audio is just low. I don't know how he placed though.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I also got top 7 at a recent highschool tourney with falco but I mainly used wario. Only used falco for game 2 when i felt uncomfortable with wario.

Last edited:
Top Bottom