• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Dsmash...

kismet2

Smash Ace
is invincible =/ i've had a couple situations where a falco has dsmashed though my dsmash and i was mk

but seriously >_> i've been thinking about buffering things as falco and one of them of buffering stuff out of phantasm. i'm sure everyone's aware of stuff like running usmash and sidedodge but those options aren't that safe to begin with. i was thinking about buffered grabs so you can probably create openings with a phantasm buffered grab or something. you guys should try this out and see if it's legit or not.

I believe I can back this up.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/autoframe/ Here is a list of all frame data for all characters.

Moves that get some parts of it with invicible frames are listed as "Modify Bone Collision - Bone=(name of bone), Collision State=0x2," The collision state=0x2 I believe is invicible frames. Other characters like marth's UpB are listed as intangible where the whole body is in invicible frames.

So, falco's dsmash gets listed as this for a number of bones. Although, I am not sure which ones. Somewhere around the legs.

Also, falco's is invicible for the single frame he reflects something.

Choice

Smash Champion
you were hitting falco's body or his feets with ur mk?

kismet2

Smash Ace
you were hitting falco's body or his feets with ur mk?
hmm i'm sure it was probably his feetz. i wish my friend didn't delete it because then i could've just uploaded it D=

in melee falco didn't have a hurtbox on his legs if you were charging a dsmash. maybe they didn't exactly fix that? they probably removed the unexisting hurtbox while you're charging his dsmash in melee but may have kept the unexisting hurtbox as the hitbox for the move comes out. i know i have gotten away with alot of dsmashes when i clearly shouldn't have as falco. so maybe sidedodge buffered dsmash is a viable option if your opponent won't grab you XD

I believe I can back this up.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/autoframe/ Here is a list of all frame data for all characters.

Moves that get some parts of it with invicible frames are listed as "Modify Bone Collision - Bone=(name of bone), Collision State=0x2," The collision state=0x2 I believe is invicible frames. Other characters like marth's UpB are listed as intangible where the whole body is in invicible frames.

So, falco's dsmash gets listed as this for a number of bones. Although, I am not sure which ones. Somewhere around the legs.

Also, falco's is invicible for the single frame he reflects something.
that's amazing =o that definitely makes sense though and it'd be awesome if dsmash could be abused on reaction to beat other moves that aren't invincible 0_o

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I heard about players doing buffered dacuses out of phantasm but not buffered grabs. Thats an interesting idea I'd like to try out when I get a chance.

kismet2

Smash Ace
I heard about players doing buffered dacuses out of phantasm but not buffered grabs. Thats an interesting idea I'd like to try out when I get a chance.
yeah buffering things are amazing because it comes out on the first possible frame so maybe if you need a quick grab you can try buffering a grab out of a roll or if you want to poke buffer a reflector after you ftilt against any character that you want to poke or keep them away.

in melee falco didn't have a hurtbox on his legs if you were charging a dsmash. maybe they didn't exactly fix that? they probably removed the unexisting hurtbox while you're charging his dsmash in melee but may have kept the unexisting hurtbox as the hitbox for the move comes out. i know i have gotten away with alot of dsmashes when i clearly shouldn't have as falco. so maybe sidedodge buffered dsmash is a viable option if your opponent won't grab you XD

that's amazing =o that definitely makes sense though and it'd be awesome if dsmash could be abused on reaction to beat other moves that aren't invincible 0_o
Yeah, falco's legs were invicible during parts of his dsmash in melee. That's what made it really good for below the stage recoveries to the ledge. You could pretty much charge the attack, then release and beat out recoveries unless they sweetspotted the ledge.

Falco's works much in the same way I think still. Falco has invincibility around his groin to knee. How large the radius is from these locations are I am not exactly sure. Anyway, the frames these parts are invinicible actually seem to be out before the hitbox is. On frame 5,6,7,8, he has invincibility on those parts. On frame 8, the hitbox actually comes out. But if you charge the attack, then release, the invinciblity frames comes out on frame 2 from release.

Honestly though, I am not sure how much you can abuse this. It seems too low to the ground to actually be of any use. I think it would be more useful to find parts where you could charge it, then release with good timing.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I KNEW IT!

...I knew it. :(

I've seen Falco completely ignore other people's D-Smashes by using his own, notably Luigi's.

kismet2

Smash Ace
hmmmm, being low to the ground may actually have it's uses though. on slanted slopes like yoshi's and picto, maybe you can use the angle of the dsmash to gimp certain characters and abuse the invincibility to beat recovery moves. i definitely know on yoshi's that falco can gimp marth with dsmash(unless he's coming from completely under the level but that's not always the case) on the slopes, not really sure about other characters and stages though >_>. if you need the extra range i believe the leg that hits from behind has that but i'm not exactly sure.

tbh, at first i thought you meant fully charging it and i was thinking "why in world would you do that?!" but charging it and releasing it when needed to sounds like a neat idea haha.

I KNEW IT!

...I knew it. :(

I've seen Falco completely ignore other people's D-Smashes by using his own, notably Luigi's.
and this whole time i just thought it was sakurai smiling down upon falco

Choice

Smash Champion
i know fsmash can hit marth during his up b on yoshi's so i guess dsmash isn't that far of a stretch either.

Top Bottom