• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Knee Glitch

Swordzz

Smash Rookie
hello guys i'm new here, i was just playing brawl when this happened, SERIOUSLY WTF HAPPENED, THAT MUST BE A 1HIT K.O. BUT THE KNEE DOESN'T GOT THAT "TIME FREEZE" AND BOWSER DIDN'T DIE! HE STOPPED IN THE AIR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FKfAtFNDfk

W.T.F

a hitbox glitch? a super giga master CPU DI?

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
He bounced off the ledge. If you get hit into anything but a floor, you bounce off of it, while losing a good deal of momentum. Ordinarily, he would be very dead to a knee at that percentage, but with CPU DI, and the wall, and bowser being bulky as all get out, he survived.

Swordzz

Smash Rookie
He bounced off the ledge. If you get hit into anything but a floor, you bounce off of it, while losing a good deal of momentum. Ordinarily, he would be very dead to a knee at that percentage, but with CPU DI, and the wall, and bowser being bulky as all get out, he survived.
Yes, but i'm talking about bowser and falcon don't getting in the knee animation, thats the glitch

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Yes, but i'm talking about bowser and falcon don't getting in the knee animation, thats the glitch
????
Do you mean that Captain Falcon didn't go into the knee animation? If so, look again, he was definitely in that animation.

Notaglitch.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This is a guess but...

I think that happened was that when Falcon knee'd Bowser, during the 'freeze' that Bowser experienced, he DI'ed into the side of the stage. If you pause the video just when the knee connects, I think Bowser is pretty much touching the edge of the stage

Anyways, I think Bowser DI'ed into the stage, hit the stage whilst DI'ing during the 'freeze' and bounced off it which is what caused the animation to happen much quicker and shortening the 'freeze'

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This is actually really curious.

If you think about it, even if Bowser was bouncing away during the stun (which is exceptionally unlikely), Captain Falcon would still be frozen in the knee position. It's kind of like if you've ever powershielded a Zelda kick; you can drop shield and move around under her all you want while she's stuck in her kick position for a good while. In the same way, I think Captain Falcon would have to be stuck like that also. Not quite sure why it didn't happen.

UncleSam

Smash Master
this has happened to me before, Bowser was already touching the stage when you hit him so it acts as a stage hit
meaning you will just bounce off just like wayland said
, it wasn't a stage spike because he was on the ledge, and for the freeze animation, that animation is smaller when the % of the opponent is lower, sweetspot the knee on bowser at 999 there is a significant difference in freeze time

Swordzz

Smash Rookie
this has happened to me before, Bowser was already touching the stage when you hit him so it acts as a stage hit
, it wasn't a stage spike because he was on the ledge, and for the freeze animation, that animation is smaller when the % of the opponent is lower, sweetspot the knee on bowser at 999 there is a significant difference in freeze time
Yeah i was thinking it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wrong, the hitlag remains the same.

Top Bottom