• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcons - dont get hit - we can do it

PurplePsychic

Smash Rookie
I have been lurking on this site, and I am aware of the fact stickies exist and that falcons metagame has developed beyond a point of unawareness of how to effectively play him.
But many seem to not understand that this is how to play falcon:

Action 1 = take no action.
Action 2 = react/respond on the opponents action: punish. if the opponent doesnt act. go to action 3.
Action 3 = Lure out a reaction.
Action 4 = Retreat.

Close combat is where falcon shines. (jabs, tilts etc.) but falcon cannot set up close combat on his own.
Thats why these actions must be used without exceptions.

The next important thing is the success rate of the eventual action you will undertake.
There will never be a success rate of 100%. But you can make said success rate as high as possible. And that is what one needs to do.

This may seem common knowledge, but there are always uninformed, or even, misinformed.

In short: dont get hit.

:027:

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Heh. This should be stickied. Or added to Noodleheads guide. Every Falcon player should hear this. Even if they don't play in this style, it's important to hear.

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
This wouldn't work too well against characters with a decent projectile.

Player-3

Smash Hero
how come when i say dont get grabbed or dont get hit people call me an idiot

you guys are all ***s

):<!!!!

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure asai said this a while back when he was asked what they key to his melee skills were. "don't get hit," give some credit where it's due. there's actually an awesome post on the site disecting the strategy. you should find it and give it a read.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I've advertised a reflexive and versatile play style from the beginning. Evidence to the fact that my contributions are completely and irrefutably disregarded with a notably alarming accuracy and seen through with devilish consistency. It is and always has been most infuriating. I hope all of you die in a fire.

Ban me.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I've advertised a reflexive and versatile play style from the beginning. Evidence to the fact that my contributions are completely and irrefutably disregarded with a notably alarming accuracy and seen through with devilish consistency. It is and always has been most infuriating. I hope all of you die in a fire.

Ban me.
this post is what im thinking except much more polite

<3 hiza

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
The metagame has progressed beyond the point of punishing unsafe attacks. Good players will have too much safe approach/mixup for you be able to play reactive to it.

Redd-Blue

Smash Rookie
TechnoMonster is right, let's all throw out FAir-approaches. : DDD

[EDIT] After DThrows!

Mit

Smash Ace
We have a group of like 20 or so noobs who respond to every thread the same way. "WOW THIS IS COOL THANKS GOOD CONTRIBUTION THIS SHUD BE STICKY'D THIS MIGHT REALLY HELP FALCON EVERYONE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS." Even if the thread creator had no idea what they were talking about and posted some nonsense (and no I'm not talking about the creator of this thread in particular).

Whereas, yes, us regulars, who comprehend and remember things that we read into our brains, see a lot of repeat threads, such as this. I remember your thread in particular Hiza, which had a lot more information and reasoning, and was pretty much the ideal thread for this topic.

Top Bottom