• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon vs. fox/falco/CF

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
What do you do when the person doesn't tech the throw? They always wait until i act before they roll one way. The only solution i've come up with is run past them and raptor boost the other way.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Try jumping, then following their tech? If you're right on top of them, shielding is usually a pretty good idea. Grab if they attack or stand up. Tech chase grab or do an aerial if they roll a direction. If you're close to them when they don't tech, just hit them and continue your combos. Teach him he needs to tech.

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
They all know how to tech, but they choose not to cuz they know they'll get grabbed again so they just sit there. Its really hard to hit/grab them again. I guess they read me well or something. Should i stand just out of range of their rising attack and wait for them to roll/get up? Cuz when i dash dance around i end up getting too far to grab them after they roll or i run in to their rising attack. And then if i jump then they roll out of the way from the hit. Perhaps i can waveland into a grab?

vericz

Smash Champion
mess with them a little if they do that. Try forward-b to see if you can launch and combo them. try short hop knee, empty shffls, dairs, or just cc and wait for them to move and if they dont dtilt them. you just have to switch it up time to time.

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
alright, thanks for the help guys. i never really thought about hitting them when they just lay down cuz i always see people in videos tech in place before they get hit. maybe i'll get a video up to show that i'm not too much of scrub at this game.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
also if they dont tech you can just empty short hop at them and just wait to see what they do and grab or stomp.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Down throw to instant knee. It will hit them before they can stand up if they plan on not teching.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Or you can do an empty SH and shield instantly when you touch the floor, if they get up doing the attack then shieldgrab, if they don't well do your best techchasing. =]

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I would go with Zero here, If you want to trick them just empty shff. Falcon is so fast that if they roll you can easily techchase to stomp/grab. If you find that when you approach them they roll behind you just mindgame them by dashdancing towards them then shffling a dair right onto them. And if they still don't roll just hit them on the ground with a raptor boost or something.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Wait a bit and stomp. You don't have to wait until their invincibility totally wears off cuz the hit box is LONG. My friend was doing this to me the other day and I just kept ****** him with stomps.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
And remember that Falcon has very little lag with his aerials, especially if l-cancelled. So maybe for a fakeout, you can do any aerial, preferably a stomp, just in front of him, just out of range so he doesn't hit you with the get up attack. This should make the opponent stand up, and then you can grab and punish him. If it works that way, then the mindgame was successful. =]

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Even funnier..If they plan on not teching you can get a combo on them you usally only get on floaties...throw Uair knee. Frickin halarious on fastafallas.

The Uair is when they first lay on the ground, they're not airborne, And on a falco/fox there's a good chance they don't come back from this one.

Top Bottom