• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon vs. a smash happy Roy

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
what do u think will give Falcon an edge over a smash happy Roy? I tried Nairing but he Fsmashes, Dairing but he Down+B's and tried recovering but uses Fsmash. So far all i can think of is chaingrab/tech punish and dair->knee. What else do you think will help vs Roy

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Yeah, Roy has the same weakness as Marth to attacks that cover ground quickly, which your overB does marvelously. If he just fsmashes as you get near him, run towards him, then when you get inside his fsmash range, use sideB. Because the animation of your sideB pulls you back before going forward, you'll dodge the fsmash and pop him up nicely for *attack X*.

It dosn't really matter what you do from there, right? No matter what you hit him with, it'll end in a Knee anyway XD

eski

Smash Rookie
If you can't get to him, this is where mindgames come in handy. Run up to him, and just as he's about to fmash you, wavedash back, then he's vulnerable for a few frames. That way you can easily pull off a knee, or grab him into a combo.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
run and jump at him and just before you get in range of his attack do a double jump and fast fall D air it. he will miss you and then you will punish him

jmic

Smash Ace
This should be a walk in the park. Just play smart by dash dance camping until you see an opening, i.e. bait him to Fsmash if he's so Fsmash happy.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Do some empty short hops to get him to counter, then up throw to knee if he has enough damage to make that easy to do.
Or wavedash away from fsmashes. Basically just dodge an attack and punish him for missing.

sexysanta73

Smash Apprentice
This should be a walk in the park. Just play smart by dash dance camping until you see an opening, i.e. bait him to Fsmash if he's so Fsmash happy.
^ This.

Mindgame him into fsmashing and punish him while he lags. It's that simple.

Top Bottom