• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon problems!

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Alrighty. My friend plays a mean falcon. I know that peach is saposed to counter him "atleast i think..." But i still loss to him all the time. Its not by a huge margine, but idk how to stop him. Any ideas on how to keep the heat on him? And no flammin plz, I dont like gettin burned :cry:

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
D-smashin only helps untill he catches on to it, than he jumps up and D-airs me, than makes me pay hard for it.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Nairs! Do them from shield, or out of an up throw. They also can beat SOME of his arials.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Your nair will beat his aerials. Provided your timing is right.
Yup it's all about the timing. Falcon's aerials have a slow startup so to outprioritize him, you gotta hit him before his hitbox comes out.

You don't want to trade with his knee, so be careful.

Don't let him get his space so that he can time his shffl'd aerials correctly. It's kinda hard, especially on bigger stages cause Falcon runs so fast.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
is he a falcon who relies almost exclusively on knees and dairs?
if so, use the the inevitable repetitiveness of his attacks to either suck him into a dsmash (knee) or a shield grab (dair).
and if you get caught in the air, do not let him get his uair going, or he can shffl you right off the stage. weave with the umbrella, and use dair to l-cancelled dsmash.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
The nair thing is true...one edgeguarding tech that works well against CF's horrid up+b is float cancel and go off the edge and nair him as he comes up. Works pretty well if you time it right.

Pritch

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42223

Scroll about halfway down the first page and read exarch's first post. That man knows him some captain falcon.

EDIT: Incidentally, playing him on FD isn't actually that bad. Yes, he can combo the **** out of you, but you can chaingrab him right back. It's an intense match on that stage to be sure, but it's not neccesarily a bad one. Though obviously if you're counterpicking fountain of dreams is the way to go, what with him losing most of his high-damage combos there.

Top Bottom