• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon kick to Knee combo (yes probably inescapable)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
as we were all already speculating, a 'ledge cancel'd' falcon kick CAN combo into a knee

I tested this (on an opponent captain falcon) and it worked at 85% damage

as we are aware, the spacing for this move makes it really situational (as the opponent also has to be on an almost precise point for it to work)

but, I see myself ledge canceling a falcon kick quite often, and maybe it isn't as hard to actually master as we think. This perticualar combo may be hard to lure your opponent into and actually pulling it off, but it is just an example of the cancel'd falcon kicks possiblillities.
( like falcon kicking away from the opponent, they chase most likely, you cancel to Bair them)

Maybe we should look into this thing more than we did..

but, testing this on every character is a pain :/ (testing it on one character is already a pain)

but you know what they say: when it's humanly possible, someone will master it
and when someone does, falcon will be a better character

Your thoughts about this?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I tried it on the wifi stage, it was pretty cool, though it would require tons of practice to memorize the exact distance on lots of different stages, and of course it's fairly situational. The easiest way I found to space it right was to Falcon Kick from the edge, in the opposite direction, then to take a step back and Kick toward the ledge again. I don't see that kind of time being available in a real match. Falcon Kick to Knee combo would be the coolest thing ever to pull off in a tourney or something, though.

Is this my first post in the Falcon boards? O_o I secretly play Falcon more than I play Kirby..I consider him my 2nd or 3rd best character :O

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I tried it on the wifi stage, it was pretty cool, though it would require tons of practice to memorize the exact distance on lots of different stages, and of course it's fairly situational. The easiest way I found to space it right was to Falcon Kick from the edge, in the opposite direction, then to take a step back and Kick toward the ledge again. I don't see that kind of time being available in a real match. Falcon Kick to Knee combo would be the coolest thing ever to pull off in a tourney or something, though.

Is this my first post in the Falcon boards? O_o I secretly play Falcon more than I play Kirby..I consider him my 2nd or 3rd best character :O
You don't have the time to set up like that in a real match, but it sounds like a good thing to do in training mode to find the proper starting locations. Maybe if someone could make a video or upload pictures of it being done on all the neutral/cp stages we'd all be able to learn the positionings faster.

Zeallyx

I have a replay saved of it beeing done
it is indeed a real combo as far as I can tell
(the knee happens in the hitstun it seems)
can I send it to you wogrim, so you can put in on youtube?
cause I can't put it on youtube :S

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a video on youtube for this? I don't get it... Sorry!

Zeallyx

Does anyone have a video on youtube for this? I don't get it... Sorry!
give me your wii code and friend code
and I'll give you my wii code and friend code
and I'll send the replay

and wogrim, I'll do it in training mode:) I'll post the result tommorrow

Edit: I did it in training mode and doing it against a captain falcon with 85% ISN'T a combo unfortunatly.
I think it can be though, but wre have to adjust the percentage we do it with.
I'm almost certain it CAN be a combo, but there has to be alot of testing to do.
1. we need to adjust the opponents position(wich is also limited, as they have to stand somewhere in the middle of the kick, as the start sends them flying backwards and the ending sends them flying forward. the middle sends them flying upwards, wich we need for this)
2. we need to adjust the percentage
3. wich ever percantage we come up with will vary for each cahracter so we have to test each cahracter (with percantage and positioning)
4. The last and most important thing that makes this combo so hard to do, is the diminishing knockback rule when a move has been used. if this combo (if it becomes one) will be important for falcon, we will have to be counting our falcon kicks..
when the falcon kick has not been used yet, we can go for the combo at the precentage we came up with.
but as we use the falcon kick more in a match, we will have to keep in mind that the opponent will fly less high, so he/she has to have more percent damage for thsi to work'

'll test it this week, to see if it can somehow be done that it does result in two consecutive hits

situational combo is situational unfortunatly
and as it stands now, luck is also a factor
alot of work to do
but I hope it can become easier as we find out new things..or jsut master it the way it stands now

Zeallyx

thanks uzaki, you can help me test on wich percent it is a combo (if it's possible)
test it on several/all characters if possible

anyone who can help, please do, as this is too much work to do alone
thanks in advance

I'll start testing myself somewhere next week (didn't feel like it earlier >.< sorry)

Top Bottom