• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Footstool!

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I figured we should get a discussion started on footstooling.

I have a few setups i had been practicing, but im going to get a writeup done on them and post them later here

Yung Mei

hell no, i need both my jump buttons - i wish it was possible to add a second jump option in custom controls as Jump/Footstool instead of taunt though

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
First hit of FF NAir -> Footstool can be used to set up a Knee if you get the hard fall, or possibly another FF NAir to repeat the process. The timing is really strict though and I'm not sure who it legitimately works on other than like ROB lol. Hard fall is key, if you're bouncing off their head then it's too slow. I've gotten it on a bunch of characters just messing around, but yeah not sure how feasible it really is.

Similar to his infinite in Brawl, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkv6zazgGH4

Potato quality sucks but you should be able to see the gist of it.

Oh and Footstool -> Falcon Kick is kinda cool

ps. Y button footstool master race

Yung Mei

FANFUS (iirc, its what it was called) Loop is hard as **** to do, i haven't been able to replicate it myself.

u/dThrow to footstool can work sometimes, its amazing as **** for mindgames, just the opponents reaction speaks for itself lmao

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah it's called FANFUS, wasn't sure if anyone would catch that if I mentioned it.

But yeah peoples reactions are the best sometimes, footstooling airborn Bowser is gold. Although I usually just opt for aerials out of throws cause Falcon's punishes are pretty fat.

Yung Mei

i was a brawl falcon main myself, so ive been trying lately to perform his Brawl stuff in PM

i've been able to get the Rule 34 Combo, but only like once, its another toughie

Yung Mei

too lazy to look up the thread, but basically this former player, RULE 34 figured out a possible zero-death/gimp in brawl that worked at low percents against some characters

IIRC, it was something like, dThrow->uAir->Footstool

EDIT - the thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267957

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
oh no wonder your name looked so familiar

i totally used to second Falcon in Brawl so i lurked the boards hella

hai

not sure if this still work but in brawl i believe you can footstool someone in their shield and it takes them out of their shield. So a footstool>ffed 1st hit of nair> grab might work.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Someone who shields a FS is unaffected while the footstooler still gets the hop, like when someone is FSed during an attack. Can be useful sometimes but in this case nope.

At least I think so, anyways.

Yung Mei

im really sorry that i havent updated the thread, ive barely touched falcon since i picked up GnW in february

ill try and start working on this as soon as i can

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I found some useful ways to use cf's footstool. :p

http://youtu.be/t4SroCPRFB0
Both were pretty cool, however I feel as if you could have just knee'd Lucario after the stomp without footstooling.

Footstooling the opponent is just giving them another chance to tech out of a situation that was already bad for them. Especially since Lucario was already at a high percentage in both clips when you initiated the footstool. And normally, when I see people using footstools, I find that people disregard whatever horrible situation that their opponent is in just to get a flashy setup for a kill (the flashy setup in this case is footstooling).
Yeah it looks cool but there are better options to do besides footstooling. And there's a chance that your opponent will tech out of the footstool.

In my opinion, I don't see many uses for utilizing toadstooling with Falcon. If you're in a position where your opponent is at higher percentages then it's best to just use Dair > Knee.
Maybe you can use it on spacies after a dthrow from the ledge as a gimp? I'm not sure.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Both were pretty cool, however I feel as if you could have just knee'd Lucario after the stomp without footstooling.

Footstooling the opponent is just giving them another chance to tech out of a situation that was already bad for them. Especially since Lucario was already at a high percentage in both clips when you initiated the footstool. And normally, when I see people using footstools, I find that people disregard whatever horrible situation that their opponent is in just to get a flashy setup for a kill (the flashy setup in this case is footstooling).
Yeah it looks cool but there are better options to do besides footstooling. And there's a chance that your opponent will tech out of the footstool.

In my opinion, I don't see many uses for utilizing toadstooling with Falcon. If you're in a position where your opponent is at higher percentages then it's best to just use Dair > Knee.
Maybe you can use it on spacies after a dthrow from the ledge as a gimp? I'm not sure.
This might come off as stupid but honestly half of the appeal of Falcon, at least to me, is how fancy he is. I think going for the fancy setup for the kill is really the fun in playing Falcon. I get that playing a functional Falcon is better than playing a Flashy Falcon, but if people played more of the former rather than the latter you'd have a lot less wall jump Knee's, or off stage Reverse Falcon Pawnch for the game. And, when it comes down to it, it's that stuff that really kicks the matches up a notch.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I will be there and I'm sorta a Falcon main?

MrButterFuzz

Smash Rookie
You're a Falcon main in Texas? Are you going to Low Tier City?
Real good feedback guys. thanks :) @strawhat I am a falcon main but I'm alright. I started picking up this game since PM came out. I'm no melee falcon main. Love the game though. I think I have off that weekend so I might be making it to Low Tier City.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I love the idea someone came up with in another thread a while ago of having footstools bypass shields to make them a useful mix-up option without being too powerful either since your opponent can usually act out of being footstooled before you can capitalize on it.

MeechMan64

Smash Rookie
I´ve tried different layouts and found that mapping L for my up taunt/footstool button works the best for me considering the only time I used L in Melee was for Out of Shield Wavedash.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I´ve tried different layouts and found that mapping L for my up taunt/footstool button works the best for me considering the only time I used L in Melee was for Out of Shield Wavedash.
I'm more of a fan of using x for it since I only use Y to jump but I can see how L could work if you never use it.

Top Bottom