• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Technicals

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
As a loyal falco main, of course i, as well as all of im sure, want to do your very best to be as good as possible with him. And to be as good as you can, this is going to require some technical gameplay. So, i say we help each other out in this thread. I am Going to make a list of falcos technical moves, as well as an explanation on how to do them, and if i am missing anything, please feel free to tell me the name of the move, and an explanation on how to do said move. So, here is the list i've compiled so far:

*if i dont specify what to initiate the dash attack with assume i mean the A button assuming no controls were changed.*

Hyphen Smashing: The act of initiating a dash, than during the dash animation hitting up on the C-Stick to perform an Up-Smash with more range than a normal up-smash.

Gattling Combo: The act of dashing at an opponent, hitting your opponent with the dash attack, and as soon as the attack connects, hitting up on the C-Stick to cancel out the dash attack with an immediate Up-Smash.

Boost Smashing: Once again entering the dash animation, but this time doing a dash attack by hitting down on the C-Stick, than hitting up on the joystick + Z. The result of the button combo should be an Up-Smash being charged while sliding the length of the cancelled dash attack. The longer Z is held, the longer it will be charged.

Pivot Grabbing: Dashing, than very quickly hitting the opposite direction on the joystick, than immediately after hitting Z. The result should be a quick grab in the opposite direction, an if timed right, you will slide.

Boost Grabbing: Follow Boost Smash directions, but instead of hitting up + Z, simply hit Z as soon as the dash attack is initiated. The reult should be a sliding grab, with much more range.

Reverse Boost Smash: Do a dash, than while running hit the control stick in the opposite direction, than immidatley hitting up on the joystick, followed by A + X. The result should be an Up-Smash charging in the opposite direction you were running.

Reverse Boost Grabbing: This is pretty much a mix of boost grabbing and boost grabbing. What you do is run, initiate the boost grab, and hit the opposite direction on the joystick. The result should be a pivot grab, with a huge slide in it.

This is all I have on falcos technical game. If i am missing anything, or explained something wrong on a said technique, please tell me and i will edit my post. I will post vids soon showing each technique and what they should look like, and, if i am lucky, ill get some vids of the techniques in action.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173446

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6nvbZdLns

I want to remake it if someone is into editing videos and has a good capture card.
Nice vid, thanks for sharing it. I am going to make a vid using a capture card, pretty similar to yours, except i am going to split it up into sections to show how to do each move and troubleshoot certain techniques. Oh, btw i forgot to mention, ITT, feel free to express any problems your having. I myself have had alot of trouble learning these technicals, and i will be happy to help anyone having trouble. Just give me what you think your exact problem might be, and ill be happy to help.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
There is a Falco guide up right now with information about all the techniques you listed, and a few more. I agree that we should try to spread awareness and discuss the use of Falco's techniques, but I think it'd be best if we didn't scatter the information over multiple threads and reposts. Just my thoughts... the guide can be found at the link below if you'd like to contribute there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176342

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i just thought why dont we dedicate something to a certain aspect of falcos game.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
There is a Falco guide up right now with information about all the techniques you listed, and a few more. I agree that we should try to spread awareness and discuss the use of Falco's techniques, but I think it'd be best if we didn't scatter the information over multiple threads and reposts. Just my thoughts... the guide can be found at the link below if you'd like to contribute there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176342
that guide doesnt focus enuff on falco's technical aspects. this thread is suited towards that.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
@Doomian: Then practice

@Everyone else: It's an all encompassing thread. There is no reason to have a [poorly] made stub of something already discussed in a much larger, more detailed, better organized thread.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
anyone have any other technical moves that should be discussed, or need help with anything?

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
ive been trying to boostsmash for awhile, but i just cant do it u.u do it. any help? i do everything right, it just hates me tho i guess -_-

Top Bottom