• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Laser Trick - B-Reversal Triple Laser from the Edge(Vid)

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Just mucking around with B-Reversals and I found this...

Its not very practical, but it is cool. It is in 1/4 speed to spare everyone the agony of me stuffing it up several times (I haven't really practiced it) it is possible to do it at normal speed.

Also if you to a double reversal you can fire the lasers in the opposite direction and still land on the stage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LXytQYCb6sk

If anyone can think of a good application for it let me know...

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Cool. not sure about any applications other than getting on the ledge safely. There are easier ways of doing that though. Like, wall jump bair.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
A good way to lure the enemy into a different form of laser spam?
Pretty cool, I'll say.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
I like it. And add a SHINE IN THE FACE to top it off!

On a more serious note, it's very situational as rarely you would get all three lasers to hit.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
yes, if they were medium/tall height and they Short hopped, they would be hit by all 3. thats about half the cast. and no matter what if they short-hopped or full-hopped they'd be hit by atleast 2.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Really, any new method to effectively spam lasers is always useful. It could lead into a good Up-smash against someone trying to edgeguard.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Is the last laser lagless? If it is, and it has enough hitstun, then you could possibly follow up with a dsmash, jab->shine to rack up damage,, or if they get into the habit of shielding, then grab.

Come on, aren't there any melee falcos here that remember ledgehopped double lasers into *insert attack here*?

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I'm going to try doing this in training later tonight. If I can do it successfully I'll upload a replay of it. From what I can see, it looks like the button pattern is:

Ledge grab
Drop
Secondary jump
Walljump (I think pressing Y would be easiest for this, it's closest to the B button)
B
Press direction towards stage
B
B

Sounds awesome.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Yeah that is how you do it redgreenblue I should have put that in the original post, I assumed most people know how to do B-Reversals already.

Although you don't press jump to wall jump you push the control stick away from the stage, I think you may have meant to put that after the 2nd jump part?

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Yeah that is how you do it redgreenblue I should have put that in the original post, I assumed most people know how to do B-Reversals already.

Although you don't press jump to wall jump you push the control stick away from the stage, I think you may have meant to put that after the 2nd jump part?
You can walljump with the jump button as well.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Yep, you got it knee.

Anyways I did finally perfect this at 1x speed, I haven't decided if it's easier to do a control stick wall jump or Y/X walljump yet (I did notice that in the beginning I phantasm suicided a bunch with the control stick one). I'll upload a replay of it tomorrow night because I'm really **** tired.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
gj guys. we've rly come through with some nice techinques for falco lately. his meta-game may very well have improved enuff to catch up with the rest of the cast. (it was very undeveloped a few months ago)

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
awesome technique. Maybe if we understood the mechanics and programming of the game better we could manipulate it to see what special things we can do with certain moves i.e. canceling the early frames of a dash to do up smash and changing momentum with b reversal

IDK

Smash Lord
i like this better than the ledge hopped forward b. can all 3 hit on tall characters or anything?

Top Bottom