• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falco dtrow footstool laser lock

IAPG87

Smash Rookie
work with rob and others characters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oc-1EjlvHU
is possible with real players?

How to(with rob):
dtrow, dash + short jump + jump(footstool), dair (fast down) + laser lock

1. try with jigglypuff or charizard because he can´t stop the footstool
2. is a slashing dair
3. you can´t DI dtrow at 0%

Characters that you can cg (pivot chaingrab for gain space to laser lock) footstool + laser lock at 0% :

Wario, ROB, Metanknight, Ivysaur, Charizard, Popo, Nana, Ness, Lucas, Snake, Yoshi, Link, Toon link, Pit, Pikachu, Squirtle, Lucario, Ike, G&W, D3, Diddy, Dk

Characters that you can dtrow + footstool + laser lock at 0% :
Rob (can scape), Mart (can scape), Kirby, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Samus

Characters that you can dtrow + footstool but you can´t laser lock:
Mario, Luigi (can scape), Peach, Zelda, Sonic

Doesn´t work with:
Sheik, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganon

how to scape?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They can tech it. You'd be better off just chaingrabbing across the stage. It's guaranteed + damage that's already set in stone.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good **** editing that in, then.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
That Dair could hit them anywhere though... Or it could be DI'd to mean you can't laser lock them... Or maybe they could tech the dair... Good find anyway =o

@Notra: I think few people know about it to begin with. Those that do don't bother learning how to because it's match-up specfic and rather tricky to get right all the time because you have to have the footstool. ANd landing the footstools requires one to be at the correct percent range, and read the subtle differences in DI to get the footstool to work.

So far I have seen a footstool thing with MK, ROB, and G&W. But I think that the problem with the foostool in both of those vids is that I am pretty sure that Falco jumps too high before hitting them with a Dair. This means that the person could move after the footstool during the time Falco is still in the air.

That is why someone else decided to use the idea of platform canceling to stop all that jumping (see the RC laserlock set-up).

So if all of that is true this footstool thing is not possible. But it's been awhile and I cannot remember everything straight so I might be wrong on all of this.

I can do it since I have time. But is it a fresh or decayed dthrow, training mode Dthrow, and against what character should Falco Dthrow.

Sidenote: I think you can footstool > Dair rob. For some reason when Falco footstools Rob he does a whole flip thing in the area and directly after that you can Dair.

IAPG87

Smash Rookie
Notes:

1. try with jigglypuff or charizard because he can´t stop the footstool
2. is a slashing dair

Notra

Smash Ace
Notes:

1. try with mk or charizard because he can´t stop the footstool
2. is a slashing dair
lazer locking from 1 dthrow= less dmg then 4 dthrows to dair. to gatling tech chase. if u where to do this from 4 chaingrabs then it could be useful but other wise i doubt it. and this works on D3 too(what a surprise.) but the amount of grabs to the ftstool jump depends on char and DI.

IAPG87

Smash Rookie
lazer locking from 1 dthrow= less dmg then 4 dthrows to dair. to gatling tech chase. if u where to do this from 4 chaingrabs then it could be useful but other wise i doubt it. and this works on D3 too(what a surprise.) but the amount of grabs to the ftstool jump depends on char and DI.
i try this combo for chacacters like olimar, jigglypuff,kirby etc.. because falco can`t more 2 dtrow

IAPG87

Smash Rookie
Characters that you can cg (pivot chaingrab for gain space to laser lock) footstool + laser lock at 0% :

Wario, ROB, Metanknight, Ivysaur, Charizard, Popo, Nana, Ness, Lucas, Snake, Yoshi, Link, Toon link, Pit, Pikachu, Squirtle, Lucario, Ike, G&W, D3, Diddy, Dk

Characters that you can dtrow + footstool + laser lock at 0%:
Rob (can scape), Mart (can scape), Kirby, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Samus

Characters that you can dtrow + footstool but you can´t laser lock:
Mario, Luigi (can scape), Peach, Zelda, Sonic

Doesn´t work with:
Sheik, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganon

how to scape?

IAPG87

Smash Rookie
the first characters list you can dtrow+ pivot grab if you need change the way (for more space to laser lock)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
First SHDL, now IAP. Funny usernames these days. Anyways this aint legit, they can escape before the dair. but idk i havent read any of the posts on this thread lol

J4pu

Smash Champion
Remember that getting a footstool requires more time than grabbing again or SH Dair'ing
I'm pretty sure G&W can UpB (this was the final consensus when this first was discovered like 6 months ago) out and MK can Uair out

Notra

Smash Ace
Remember that getting a footstool requires more time than grabbing again or SH Dair'ing
I'm pretty sure G&W can UpB (this was the final consensus when this first was discovered like 6 months ago) out and MK can Uair out
yeah but i think this can be done easier at lower percents. i.e. 2 grabs to footstool. since g&w can get out anyway nor can meta, and we could prob get more dmg off that way.

Top Bottom