• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Custom Moves?

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
*crosses fingers* for standard shine custom
His custom down-b options are just slightly different versions of his Brawl down-b. The first one is slower with more power (actually looks like it will have applications) and the second one is quick as hell but so weak I really can't see much of a use for it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The power option is almost certainly the way to go because it has kill potential at around 150 without being much slower.

He also has a Fox laser alt which is faster and shoots two damage no knock back lasers. It's worth investigating as it may be a safer way to tack on damage due to lower end lag, but the loss of hitstun for firing at offstage opponents may be too great.

Ok. So, the reflectors are exactly as has been outlined with Reflector 3 being the clear choice as a kill blow without enough start-up added to merit the power increase.

I still haven't gotten the third laser.

UpB 3 has Brawl Fox-esque distance and deals more damage, but after it is finished traveling, you drop like a rock, similar to Wolf. Unless Fire Bird 2 is better, this is what I would recommend.

SideB is super interesting. You have default SideB which does light damage and meteors. SideB 3 which doesn't meteor, but does 12ish with solid KB (Kill at maybe 190 on stage) and can be used to chase off stage (highly unrecommended) to kill earlier because you do not go into helpless. SideB 2 is my favorite though. It has no hitbox, but is faster. It also has the Brawl invul through the entire move (goes about half of battlefield's length).

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm missing the third laser and firebird 2.

Unlocking them is hella tedious.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Some descriptions of his customs taken from a JP Wiki:

Exploding Blaster: Blaster shots explode after traveling a certain distance and have high hitstun, but are slower.
Quick Blaster: Blaster shots become rapid fire, but don't stagger targets anymore and are weaker.

Vision Through: Increased distance and grants invincibility frames, but no longer causes damage.
Falco Charge: Has high power, but the distance is lowered.

Quick Fire Bird: No charge time, but the distance is lower.
Long Fire Bird: Longer charge, but higher power and distance,

Accel Reflector: Speeds up reflected projectiles, but only reflects as it travels forward.
Burning Shoot: Has high power, but can only negate projectiles.

Sky Saber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4983-5890-8462
Some descriptions of his customs taken from a JP Wiki:

Exploding Blaster: Blaster shots explode after traveling a certain distance and have high hitstun, but are slower.
Quick Blaster: Blaster shots become rapid fire, but don't stagger targets anymore and are weaker.

Vision Through: Increased distance and grants invincibility frames, but no longer causes damage.
Falco Charge: Has high power, but the distance is lowered.

Quick Fire Bird: No charge time, but the distance is lower.
Long Fire Bird: Longer charge, but higher power and distance,

Accel Reflector: Speeds up reflected projectiles, but only reflects as it travels forward.
Burning Shoot: Has high power, but can only negate projectiles.
Hmm...interesting. The Exploding Blaster sounds similar to Wolf's blaster.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
Seems like Falco's most useful custom move's are fast lasers and chargeless firebird. Fast lasers seems like the closest thing were ever gonna get to short hop lasering in this game and chargeless fire bird seems like it could do some kind of pseudo wavedash.

Sky Saber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4983-5890-8462
I'm thinking of going for the "explosive" blaster. I never was a fan of the flinch-less lasers, and the default laser is not very good. At least the explosive one looks interesting.

I like most of his customs, however.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
It seems like the void reflector seems to work best against rosalina. Once you use it against luma then luma's gone and rosalina is all by herself being wide open for falco to attack her with no risk.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Just did some tests. It seems like Falco blaster variation changing his throws is only an aesthetic change. Checked the damage all throws did with with each blaster (including when the blaster hit), it was the same. Additionally, I went to final D and checked what percentage B-Throw killed CPU Mario from his starting position (with me on the other side closer to the ledge on the right, aiming for the closest blast line). I got 175% consistently with every blaster variation, which I think is a decent test of knockback. If not, correct me, I'm new to the testing thing.

Would've been cool if blaster variations did change his throws though.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Just did some tests. It seems like Falco blaster variation changing his throws is only an aesthetic change. Checked the damage all throws did with with each blaster (including when the blaster hit), it was the same. Additionally, I went to final D and checked what percentage B-Throw killed CPU Mario from his starting position (with me on the other side closer to the ledge on the right, aiming for the closest blast line). I got 175% consistently with every blaster variation, which I think is a decent test of knockback. If not, correct me, I'm new to the testing thing.

Would've been cool if blaster variations did change his throws though.
That's unfortunate. It would've been really nice if the customs did in fact change his throws to match the customs, rather than just an aesthetic change.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Can someone who have unlocked all Falco custom moves post here a list of them saying what they do/change? ^^
I got you, bro.

Neutral B 2 - Explosive Blaster. "Fires a shot that slows down as it travels and explodes just before it stops." From what I've seen, Falco fires a green orb that travels a short distance, then bursts and deals 6 damage. It has a wind effect that pushes away the sandbag like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. would.
Neutral B 3 - Burst Blaster. "Fires faster shots, but the power and range are decreased." Falco's laser turns into a nerfed version of Fox's laser, in that it's not as fast and each shot does one damage. In testing, the range is about 2.8 backward rolls from Sandbag, so take that how you will.

Side B 2 - Falco Phase. "You can't be hit while dashing, but the move doesn't hit opponents, either." So yeah, it's super quick and you've got invincibility frames at the cost of being incapable of hitting anything with it. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like there's a slightly longer delay between this side B and you being able to act out of it compared to the default. EDIT: Testing confirms there is a longer delay than with Phantasm. As well, it appears Phantasm propels you slightly farther. I don't like the look of this one...
Side B 3 - Falco Charge. "A shorter dash that hits much harder at the beginning of the move." Falco dashes about 1 Sandbag in front of him, but the hit deals 12% damage and sends the opponent on a forward-upward trajectory.

Up B 2 - Fast Fire Bird. "Same as Fire Bird, but you can dash instantly. You don't go as far, though." Yep, the description sums it up. You move near-instantly, and it hits the opponent once for 2% damage. Distance is equivalent to height covered by Falco's fullhop.
Up B 3 - Distant Fire Bird. "Takes longer to charge, but flies farther and hits enemies harder." The charge is slightly longer, I'd estimate about 1.5x longer. The distance traveled is similar to the amount covered by Fire Fox, and the hit deals 8% damage.

Down B 2 - Accele-Reflector. "Only reflects when moving forward, but sends them back stronger than normal." I did some testing, and found the translation slightly inaccurate. Rather than sending them back stronger, it sends the projectiles back at a faster speed than they normally travel at. So if you reflected Samus' charge shot with this, it would return to Samus far faster than she shot it.
Down B 3 - Reflector Void. "Destroys shots rather than reflecting them. The reflector itself does more damage." Basically, any projectile "reflected" by this attack is nullified, including stuff like the Villager's tree. The reflector itself deals a consistent 9% damage and has okay knockback. I found you can potentially KO with this move near the top blast zone, so it has utility.

And there we go, all of Falco's custom specials. Some of them are worth looking into, especially both of his custom side B moves and Reflector 3.

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It's kind of odd that Void Reflector will still bounce back non-energy projectiles like Link's equipment and Samus' missiles. It's kind of like the opposite of Game & Watch's bucket or Ness' Psi Magnet in that respect.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If this wasn't already posted, Void Reflector instantly kills Pac-Man hydrant, Villager tree (including counter tree), and DHD discus.

It is a normal hitbox for Zelda phantom, DHD gunman, and DHD can.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Void Reflector can reliably combo after a Dthrow. In total this combo does 14% damage and good knockback.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Falco really should take Void Reflector in almost every matchup, if not every. It's really, really good.

shoops

Smash Rookie
I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now, but down throw into Reflector Void (custom down-b) is a free 14% at low-mid percents. On lighter characters it work up to around 30%~ and on heavier up to around 55%~. Lots of easy damage if you can manage a couple of throws.

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Quick firebird is a must, If only mozilla firefox could get that custom

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now, but down throw into Reflector Void (custom down-b) is a free 14% at low-mid percents. On lighter characters it work up to around 30%~ and on heavier up to around 55%~. Lots of easy damage if you can manage a couple of throws.
Yeah, I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that Void Reflector is a no-brainer. Just that good. I'd also say that default Falco Phantasm is pretty much the only one worth bothering with.

I think the only one that is kind of up in the air is his blaster, since both of his customs for it have their appeal.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, I think this would be a good thread to discuss the customs individually while @Amazing Ampharos's thread could be more for the sets themselves. Just a thought.

Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Hmm, I think this would be a good thread to discuss the customs individually while @Amazing Ampharos's thread could be more for the sets themselves. Just a thought.
In that case, I propose a discussion on Falco's custom neutral B moves.

We have the default blaster, the Fox-like blaster, and the exploding blaster. Do you guys feel like the Fox-like blaster has any merit to it that makes it worth using over the default and exploding? Why?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Burst Blaster has less end lag, less range, less damage, and I think a faster rate of fire than Fox's default Blaster. The same holds true or similar for Fox's Impact Blaster to Falco's default Blaster.

The Big Wang Theory

Smash Cadet
NNID
TimeNook
3DS FC
4038-6179-1020
I never really had any success with the exploding blaster when I used it. Not sure if it was because I wasn't in the right mindset for it or what, but I just couldn't make it work. Any ideas on how it can be used?

I've been sticking with default Blaster because the hitstun is pretty nice to have and I've done some accidental laser locks for free damage when distant opponents miss their techs.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I never really had any success with the exploding blaster when I used it. Not sure if it was because I wasn't in the right mindset for it or what, but I just couldn't make it work. Any ideas on how it can be used?

I've been sticking with default Blaster because the hitstun is pretty nice to have and I've done some accidental laser locks for free damage when distant opponents miss their techs.
My best guess is that you use the cluster to deny certain approaches. But honestly, I really don't know...

Top Bottom