• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco could be the best player in brawl!

staind4578

Smash Cadet
New Orleans, Louisiana Looking for good competit
I have been playing with him since the game came out. i loved him in melle but always had trouble against peach and marth players. Now in brawl his move set has gotten a lot better and yes he may not be as good at KOing people but he has move if executed right that can Ko at 90-100 percent easily. Also I have played a lot of different people who are very good and have done well against all of them. I would consider Falco top three if not the best.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I have been playing with him since the game came out. i loved him in melle but always had trouble against peach and marth players. Now in brawl his move set has gotten a lot better and yes he may not be as good at KOing people but he has move if executed right that can Ko at 90-100 percent easily. Also I have played a lot of different people who are very good and have done well against all of them. I would consider Falco top three if not the best.
You've GOT to be kidding me. So his shine improved, did it? The most important thing to his meta game?

Slojoz

Smash Cadet
well yeah his shine got f***** but brawl falco with his melee shine would be better in melee than the melee falco

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol his new reflector is mad akward, he got his smashes important one like upsmash nerfed. hes still good. top 7 in the least...

Geist

Smash Master
Why people are debating about best and wost characters already when the metagame has barely been scratched is beyond me. Seriously, at this point, contenders for the best character could be handed out to almost anyone.

plus, it's bound to happen that people will be better at different characters.

Dacman

Smash Rookie
Falco's reflector hasnt been nerfed, its just different. u use it like a projectile to keep opponents away from u, or to stop attacks like Fox and Ikes Side-B. Falco is probly better thn in Melee, but hes still not top three, maybe top 5

Flake

Smash Cadet
i thought falco's air attacks got a little better
f-smash is a bit awkward
and i can't get used to his shine

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised that Falco would turn out to be the best, at least when everyone learns the real effective way of playing Brawl (don't approach, camp/counteract).
Falco is very "cheap", except he takes more skill then before since he doesn't have an array of 1049234 easy combos.

-His Upsmash and Uair ARE THE SAME STRENGTH as Fox's, aka, solid killing moves. UPSMASH OUT OF SHEILD IS ****, kills at 120-130%...which is low for Brawl. Oh, and his forward smash is pretty sweet given it's nice range and knockback. Back air is still and solid kill move, just like in Melee. Falling Nairs into the ground (not getting off all of the hits) lead into basically anything.

-His double lasers force people to approach. If there too close, shine is a nice substitute. It's not as easy to punish as people may think. You can also just forward B past them, making more space between you too, and spam lasers again. More on the forward b below.

-He can chaingrab a good portion of the cast to 40-70 or to a spike of stage. Speaking of his grab game, if he can't chaingrab, he can still combo out of a downthrow.....or, do this (something I started on my own): Grab, mash A (keep kneeing them), wait for them to escape. When they escape, just shine them. After you shine them, they'll usually trip, so I run up to them and shield. If they do a get up attack, I regrab and do it again. If they roll left our right, I chase them into a canceled Dash A to Upsmash.

-Falco has GGGGOOOODDDD recovery. As Mew2king said, he's soo hard to edgeguard, especially horizontally. His forward b is faster then Fox's, and faster then what it was in Melee. Eventhough people may know when you're going to do it, it still SSSOOO hard to hit him out of it because of it's speed. That being said, it's usable on the stage. You can use it if the opponent is too close to recreate spacing since it's so hard to punish and read.

There's probably more, but that's enough I think. He's "cheap" aka a good character >_> but you have to make sure to abuse every strength he has to make him that effective. Definitely the best space animal in the game regardless (eventhough many already know this).
Also guys, just don't look at his moveset, consider his matchups as well. I think he has the advantage or at least doesn't do too bad in about every matchup, kinda like in Melee. I actually think Falco IS the best IMO. Like how people think Sheik and Marth where the best in Melee, or at least > Falco (which they were, and a lot of experienced players eventually said Sheik/Marth were the best). People will see as time goes on... :psycho:

Popertop

Smash Champion
Man, I can't stand sheik 'cause anybody can just pick her up and go, "OMG OMG IM SUCH A PRO OMG."
Takes very little skill and commitment to get good with.
Falco on the other hand...
I had to play for a couple weeks at least without SDing every second.
And i still slip up.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, I hope you're not talking about Sheik in Brawl. Many inexperienced players are user her incorrectly. The only one who is making any progress with her is KoreanDJ.
That being said, if only a pro player is good with her, she must not be very "noob-friendly" anymore. However, eventhough she's not as good as she used to be, she's still an extremely solid character.

Popertop

Smash Champion
No I was just talking about Melee Sheik.
I had this one friend who mained sheik and it was so annoying to have to practice SHL LHDL and shine combos to be able to keep up with Sheik's zero-lag-everything.
I'm not mad about Brawl Sheik though, they nerfed the chop.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
don't listen to the guys talking about how falco sucks now they are still living in the past. I do miss the drill shine combos too but he's still really good and all his moves connect together very well. They definitely buffed his up smash and his neutral a can be spammed easy and led into other atks such as a grab or a smash atk.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
I dunno bout top 3...
But he's definitely up there... I think the mario and sonic guy was right...
He's around marth and metaknight...
But snake is just too good...

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised that Falco would turn out to be the best, at least when everyone learns the real effective way of playing Brawl (don't approach, camp/counteract).

And after many days of hardcore playing with Falco, my game has come together brilliantly. For the first week (yes, literally the first week) I wasnt even coping with Falco and then I developed the type of style you mentioned. Even in that first week, or even 8-9 days, I was trying to camp and space but it didn't just work and then all my techniques and everything just came together. I play that "don't approach, camp/counteract" or I at least play something similar to that. And it works, together with everything else good mentioned, I can easily see Falco as No. 1, higher than Snake.

Btw, how is Snake better than Falco?

The Id

Smash Rookie
I think Falco definetly has what it takes to be one of the best, but I don't really like tiers that much anyway.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
SHDL, laser lock, CG, pillaring, Falco simply has a lot going for him. I'm guessing he's currently top 5 if you go by the current metagame, but who knows where he'll be in the coming months.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
Falco is indeed highest Tier in SSBB atm and I rly like to play as falco.

@blowtoes: You're aware of the fact that ppl were playing the ***-Version of SSBB for quite some time? So IMO its not that hard to say which char is very good, because you can allways find out new glitches that make other chars better, but I din't think that you'll find something which makes one character much worse.

cya

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
1. There's something called DI which helps people survive to longer %. Keep in mind that DI is much stronger in Brawl. Falco one of my mains and I've used him competitively, trust me, I know. Also, if you air dodge right after being hit, it also helps you survive.

2. Stop playing computers and terrible players so you would realize this.

3. DK isn't bottom tier, he wasn't even bottom tier in Melee nor Smash64. In the smashbackroom (where only players deemed to be experienced enough to be allowed into), most of the posts regarding to the new tier list have DK at least in Mid Tier. Also, even players as great as Tink and Darkrain (who now picked up DK) think he's amazing.

One more thing, Florida had a DK win a 70 man tournament just recently.

4. You're horrible at this game. If you disagree, then moneymatch me.

Top Bottom