• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Board's Guide to Using Falco (WIP) *We Need to Start on Gameplay*

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know it really does help if you PM/VM me with exact requests.

I mod other boards as well, and have college studies, I might miss stuff out in just my passing reading.

Basically, what Kuro said.

Edit: **** it, even add me on AIM, I don't care, just keep in touch with me in some form or another.

Also: I'm going to reshuffle the stickies in a bit. Din Peregrine will temproraily replace this thread. However, once this gets finished, it should be more comprehensive, and Din Peregrine will be linked in the OP of the guide.

Personally, I think that's a far better way of going about it. If I have to do the whole **** guide myself, I will eventually, but hey let's try and pick it up a bit. It's spotty because we're doing **** all. :mad:

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I'm very glad to hear we have you as our new mod. When I first noticed the Falco boards getting out of hand, I started my efforts with PMing SamuraiPanda and GimpyFish. They did absolutely nothing for months. Then someone stickied my guide and I was thinking "finally, someone woke up," but then days later, MiniMic took it down citing no justifiable reason at all. I tried to discuss his rational civilly, but he was dismissive and more or less absent. I hate to say it, but it seems that for all my efforts to manage my dismay respectfully, not a thing got done until I started calling out the moderator's absurdities and shedding light on their inaction. Already, Teran, you've displayed more tact in dealing with this than other mods have in the last year, so thank you.

That being said, I can't say I'm not still confused as to why people are clinging to this "community" guide thing. As I've said before, my guide is no different than this one in that it is intended to help better acquaint the community with Falco. When I see new information out there, I sift through it and incorporate the useful things as best I can. Discussion can just as easily be carried on in the Din Peregrine forum as it can here, and I have a good track record of responding to most quarries or suggestions.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmm... you said that Falco's dair is only 4 out of 5 but it is definately one of his better moves. It is one of his main killers and it is the reason people hate falco in the air or during recovery.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Hmm... you said that Falco's dair is only 4 out of 5 but it is definately one of his better moves. It is one of his main killers and it is the reason people hate falco in the air or during recovery.
no one respectable spikes at high end play.

thats bottom line. short hop Dair works if they are on the ledge or if you can guess when their invisibility frames wear off.

but chasing someone of the stage for a spike is mostly just stupid and will cost you.

mostly...

iAteUrRamen

Smash Rookie
After reading the lazer section, I use it a lot more now with better effects :D

Thanks for the awesome guide!

SHDL

Smash Rookie
the last login to this account was at the beginning of october

it's been a long time since anyone decided to work on this guide

SHDL

Smash Rookie
UPDATED BEACHES.

I hope we don't get an infraction for a double post . . . .

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I'd like to help, but I'm more of a theory player that ignores basic factual data. (A TPTIBFD for short)

I really don't have any other use than that.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
UPDATED BEACHES.

I hope we don't get an infraction for a double post . . . .
Yeah I'm not going to infract this account lol.

Although if you post something naughty with it, I'll trace the post IP to your other account and kill you for it. :mad:

Also, good job on update.

Denzi

Smash Master

At this point it would be really awesome if someone could get damage %s for all his moves too. I would, but I don't have a Wii atm =/

WaterTails

Smash Lord
So why is Enoch's guide considered better than this? Whut?
I think a big part of that is because Eno's guide is, in a sense, done.

At this point it would be really awesome if someone could get damage %s for all his moves too. I would, but I don't have a Wii atm =/
I've been meaning to go into PSA and get, like, the knockback values and angles, so I might go for damage, too. Coming from me, though, who knows if it'll ever happen. :(

!!!What all should I try to go for? Damage percentages, knockback angles, BKB, and hitbox sizes?

Edit: Maybe just damage, actually. Some of that stuff is mad intimidating.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I think a big part of that is because Eno's guide is, in a sense, done.

I've been meaning to go into PSA and get, like, the knockback values and angles, so I might go for damage, too. Coming from me, though, who knows if it'll ever happen. :(
So what? We have a crap ton more data here . . . . If we slap on the percentages can we call this 1.0 and put it up? I mean, what else are we missing? In-depth CG data? Stage strategy? Character match ups? Can that really fit in the guide? Does Enoch's guide have those things? I don't get it. Whatever.

Denzi

Smash Master
So what? We have a crap ton more data here . . . . If we slap on the percentages can we call this 1.0 and put it up? I mean, what else are we missing? In-depth CG data? Stage strategy? Character match ups? Can that really fit in the guide? Does Enoch's guide have those things? I don't get it. Whatever.

I really don't see what else to add, seeing as char specifics should stay in the MU thread (which we need to start up again). Maybe we could add a list of general good/bad stages and then put it up. And update the links section at the end of the guide. Other than that I think we're good.

Denzi

Smash Master
Double post to point out the fact that I updated the guide a little bit, and to mention that if you have any suggestions/ideas for the guide to let me know.

Top Bottom