• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco’s Accent

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
My friend is convinced it’s a Brooklyn accent, but being from Brooklyn I know it’s not. I think it’s a English accent, like Fox’s what do you guys think?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid thread but I really need to know what others think before I go crazy.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I saw from somewhere that it was a Boston accent, but I do thing it might be Chicago. Also, Falco's original last name was really RAMBALDI, but it was misinterpreted in the English version of the game as LOMBARDI, even in the guides, so they went with it. This little loophole makes it so that they can make it whatever the f*** they want it to be. So, ha!

Beat

Smash Ace
Red-eyes Black Landmasta.
A joke about how he sounds like Joey Wheeler, because Joey's best card was Red-eyes Black Dragon. Joey was from NY in the American version, Yayo.

Lombardi. Italian.

ALSO, denizens of smashboards, do you think he could be from England, which is Yayo's theory? I think that's ridiculous.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
He's not from Brooklyn at all, but I believe Jersey. So I'm going with that one, I never met anyone from Chicago so I dunno about that one.

Yes I was wrong with English but whatever. It's not from Brooklyn and that was my point. BoCo

Exovel

Smash Ace
Falco reminds me of Brooklyn from the old Gargoyles show, so that's always where I assumed he was from. I met some people over the summer from that area, and it sounded legitimate to me. Not perfect, but close. I don't think it's supposed to be Chicago at least. It doesn't have enough of a drawl to it. Us midwestern folk like to use a little drawl, even the ones in Chicago.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
why dont we look up who the voice actor is and then figure out his nationality. Or we could write said voice actor and just ask him what the accetn was SUPPOSED to be

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
Guys its a jersey accent, I mean rly, what bird would come from brooklyn

seroiusly though its jersey

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Falco sounds like a New Yorker (or something like that) to me. (*SHRUGS*)

Also, Falco's original last name was really RAMBALDI, but it was misinterpreted in the English version of the game as LOMBARDI, even in the guides, so they went with it. This little loophole makes it so that they can make it whatever the f*** they want it to be. So, ha!
Really?

Wait a minute, though, I've read in "Nintendo Power" long ago that he was named after a guy named Carlo Lombardi, who does some sort of movie-related work. In fact, let me go get it...

*RUNS UPSTAIRS TO HER ROOM*

*COMES BACK*

Okay...

[quote="Nintendo Power" v.99 (August 1997)]NP: Is there anything special we should know about the Star Fox characters?
[Takao] Imamura ["Star Fox 64's" lead artist]: We named Falco after Carlo Lombardi, a special effects man in Hollywood.[/quote]

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
its a friggin Boston accent I'm from brooklyn and noone i know talks like that. if it is brooklyn it's a italian accent but it sounds more of a boston type

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
I saw from somewhere that it was a Boston accent, but I do thing it might be Chicago. Also, Falco's original last name was really RAMBALDI, but it was misinterpreted in the English version of the game as LOMBARDI, even in the guides, so they went with it. This little loophole makes it so that they can make it whatever the f*** they want it to be. So, ha!
I found this fragment:

"He is named after both Falco, an Austrian musician and Carlo Lombardi, special effects artist in Hollywood."

But it's Wikipedia so it may be fake...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Um... No. I'm italian, and I'm pretty sure his voice is so americanized that it just barely sounds like the real thing.
He's got a point. However, I don't suppose they name someone "Lombardi" for the sake of it, right (not saying he is Italian at this point)? However, overall, the accent is pretty much "Americanized".

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry Americans, But have you ever heard an accent out of the US? It's definately British, but more precise it's cockney :p

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Have you heard or been to london? If you have you might have heard the cockney accent, Falcos is cockney in the game :p

danimalsyogurt

Smash Rookie
lol his accent is not cockney one of my friends from london has(had rather, it kinda faded) a cockney accent, and falco does not sound like that at all, + they tried to keep all the voices similar through all the starfox games and If you listen to them the only one thats british is krystal. Falco kinda had a tough guy street accent in star fox 64 and they've kinda just played up on that each time he's been in a game. He's not cockney lol

Top Bottom