• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair - spike or meteor smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3ly

Smash Champion
For those who don't know spikes and meteor smashes are different.
- You can upB (or meteor cancel) out of a meteor smash.
- Spikes send you down with no chance of meteor cancelling until its too late.

For example Falco's Dair is almost a meteor smash until around 50%, in the way that you can upB efficiently without loss of stock. After 50% even if your timing is perfect, l8iaz.

The Question:
What % does Mario's Fair become a spike? I'm sure i've caned a CP Boozer down at like 300% and hes come back, but i'm also pretty sure i've caned him down at like 100% with no recovery.

:confused:

Isit possible for the move to spike between certain percentages, or maybe it depends on the opponents jump? Perhaps when (if) it does become a spike, it can still be JC'd out of.
:dizzy:
Or maybe the move isn't a spike at any point lol.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Mario's fair is able to be meteor canceled at all times. As in, you can double jump or upB out of it if you have good timing always.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
Falco's dair isnt a meteor smash period, its just the hitstun wears off and you become able to jump again at really low percents. same with marf.

ArcNatural covered mario's fair, haha.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
the reason ur bowser meteor canceled it was just by chance
sometimes coms MC and sometimes they dont

marios fair is always a meteor smash and is always MCable
basically

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I say it depends on who you are playing.....if you play some random noob then it can be at 0%.....while other people that are good i would say 60% to be safe

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
For those who don't know spikes and meteor smashes are different.
- You can upB (or meteor cancel) out of a meteor smash.
- Spikes send you down with no chance of meteor cancelling until its too late.
qft
Don't you love when things like this are discovered 20 years after the game's release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom