• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Factor 5 developing for Wii: Kid Icarus Sequel?

D

Deleted member

According to this article, Factor 5 is working on a brand new title for Wii.

For those who don't know, Factor 5 is the developer behind the critacally acclaimed Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series for Nintendo 64 and GameCube. It also worked on what some consider to be the worst PS3 title of 2007, Lair.

Given their familarity with Nintendo, this game should be pretty good:)

UPDATE: Kid Icarus, possibly?

Aeriath

Smash Cadet
This is great to hear if it shapes up to be true.

I seriously doubt lair was the worst game of 2007 (some of those wii games were absolutely dismal) and I have owned a few of the rogue squadron games.

I'm looking forward to something great from them.

D

Deleted member

*Concept art*

Supposedly, Pit is an adult, and a fallen angel. He supposedly committed a crime thousands of years ago and has a tattoo on his arm that explains what it is.

antimatter

Smash Lord
no...NO! the contamination has spread here too! we don't want prince of persia pit, we want him to be a nice angel like he always has been! that's why the games are called KID Icarus!

but, seriously, who wants Pit to be a fallen angel? that kind of plot point is overused in fantasy and mythology games.

Deception

Smash Ace
*Concept art*

Supposedly, Pit is an adult, and a fallen angel. He supposedly committed a crime thousands of years ago and has a tattoo on his arm that explains what it is.
That art on the right looks manly. I hope Factor 5 realizes that guys should not look like girls, no matter how young they look. I hate Pit's girly Brawl look.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
One word: Sephiroth. This "game" looks horrible already.

S2

Smash Lord
I always got the vibe that IGN's hints towards a Factor 5 developed Kid Icarus sequel was possibly a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if a Kid Icarus game gets made. But the editors there are being very neutral about whether they are kidding or being serious (but delivering the hints as if they are kidding).

D

Deleted member

^^Right, this concept art might be nothing more than a hoax. Keep your eyes and ears open!

Nevertheless, this would make a great avi!;)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
BTW: Factor 5 gained a TON of people's respect by creating a patch which fixed the awful motion sensing controls.

If only Nintendo would get that idea for their games...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Factor 5 is a great company. I bought Lair the day it came out and had a fair amount of fun with it, only to have it overshadowed by Warhawk. Then, because so many people complained about the controls, they patched it for free AND included two more selectable dragons. Honestly, they have nothing but my respect.

Wow... I posted the exact same thing already. Oh well, this is after I actually used the patch and found the game much easier to play.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well because factor 5 made Rouge Sqadron 2 look ALMOST like a current Gen game( IT WAS ****ING BEAUTIFUL AND STILL ****ING IS), i wonder how they will make there Wii game. I wish it was a rouge Squadron 4. RS 1 and RS 2 were my Favorites so far and i still play 1, maybe because i didn't have a cube(but doesn't mean i didn't play it, EB game demo booths ftw) and because the Wii hardware isn't very far away from teh cubes hardware, factor 5 would be on familiar hardware and Turf. Besides these guys made their name known on the N64.

Top Bottom