• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@Zipzo , THIS THREAD HAS A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU.

I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE WHEN I SAY I AM EXTREMELY PISSED AT YOU.
Somewhat. But I'm over it. I didn't put any confidence in Zipzo's tweet at all. So. . .yeah back to Project M.
No.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I AM MAD.

SAKURAI, I AM LEGIT VERY MAD.

ALL OF THAT SPECULATION FOR NOTHING.
Even I felt a tad upset that I spent 100+ pages here with all of you. I can say that this is quite the festery. . .UGH.:urg:
What comment?Also...You got to be f***ing kidding me?!I hate Sakurai...So Mario gets +2 from brawl and pokemon gets -1?4 to 6 and 6 to 5?Noooo!
"We're thinking about it, *laughs*"
This quote, straight from Sakurai's mouth, was the ONLY mentioning Mewtwo was in Sm4sh at all. The momentary dream of Mewtwo being playable in Sm4sh at this time, is dead. All of you go back to your Melee & Project Melee, because frankly, there's a lot of waiting to do for 5mash in 3 months.

It's over. For now.

Come back for the WiiU hype.

If Mewtwo isn't a stage hazard or a Masterball, it does not necessarily affect Mewtwo's chances as DLC or WiiU playability, as multiple cameos are happening with characters, like Dark Samus & Riki. All I say now is what I've already typed. Good Day. Probably won't be visiting this thread that much anymore unless I'm lurking.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm not quite done yet.

Sakurai has had several moments in his games (Mainly in Kirby) in which we faced what was viewed to be the final battle/unlock, but really it WASN'T.

I don't care how irrational it is at this point, but I'm not done until literally everything is played through (Especially True All-Star) and everything is done, or Mewtwo is officially deconfirmed by a dev.

They've only played the game for a day; I'm pretty sure this game holds more secrets than what it first tells you (even if it's NOT Mewtwo). That's why I'm taking that with a grain of salt for now
I agree. All this was too easy. Not in denial or anything, I just feel like it's not over yet.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I just heard what happened when someone got ROB he got the you unlocked everyone message

I pray for mewtwo being dlc

Until then

This includeds ridley and king k rool

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I agree. All this was too easy. Not in denial or anything, I just feel like it's not over yet.
Thanks. I'm not giving up until it's literally over, as in the game's 100% complete or there's an official confirmation; I have a feeling not everything can be done with classic alone. What if the req for Mewtwo (if not even a secret character in general) was to unlock everyone and beat True All-Star? It's similar to how The Arena in Super Star worked; you THOUGHT you beat the game upon unlocking the Arena.

Things are very bleak yes, but I still wouldn't give up so easily.

That message might say that all of the characters were unlocked, but there's always the possibility that there's endgame content that will prove that message to be a red herring.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sakurai, knowing you, you won't, but you owe us a ducking explanation.

And Zipzo, you ALSO owe us an explanation as to why that ducking Tweet. Did you WANT to see us mad?

Why did anyone think his tweet was credible, anyway? He's just some ******* who lives in Japan who went to that demo the other day.
Because he was providing a constant stream of info that was accurate.

Now I see he's attention hungry.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Or maybe even he though Mewtwo would be in. And wanted to have more credibility. So when Mewtwo was confirmed not in he acted like it was a troll.

Either way we should be getting pissed at Sakurai. "Let's give Mario... DR MARIO! Oooh.... And Dark pit! You know what would be even better? Mewtwo! HAHAHA Just kidding were putting in Lucina and making her a Marth clone.

Also let's keep Ganondorf's crap moveset like it is.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Thanks. I'm not giving up until it's literally over, as in the game's 100% complete or there's an official confirmation; I have a feeling not everything can be done with classic alone. What if the req for Mewtwo (if not even a secret character in general) was to unlock everyone and beat True All-Star? It's similar to how The Arena in Super Star worked; you THOUGHT you beat the game upon unlocking the Arena.

Things are very bleak yes, but I still wouldn't give up so easily.

That message might say that all of the characters were unlocked, but there's always the possibility that there's endgame content that will prove that message to be a red herring.
Sakurai IS a troll afterall. I'd wait until the game is finished. Like every nook and cranny checked. Damn that made me sound old. I should sleep.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm passed the hate now and just really depressed. Hell I think I won't even buy the 3DS version.

I can't support that piece of **** of a man. I think this is it for me and this series. I'm done.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Supposedly the message actually reads: "The new All-Star Mode has been unlocked! Defeat all characters!", and doesn't specifically say "You've unlocked all characters" like I thought.

I'm just going off what other people have said, though, because I have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Supposedly the message actually reads: "The new All-Star Mode has been unlocked! Defeat all characters!", and doesn't specifically say "You've unlocked all characters" like I thought.

I'm just going off what other people have said, though, because I have absolutely no knowledge of Japanese.
You see, this is why humans are going to die off....we jump to conclusions.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I know things seem very grim, but it's sad to see so many of you giving up from a picture, let alone one that has the bottom screen covered.

There are a few people suspicious of the picture. I am as well. I'm not buying it because I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

Just wait until Gema unlocks ROB, then we will know for sure.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Jesus the meltdowns here... lol Yes, I know it sucks Mewtwo is not in, and it's very disappointing he didn't come back. But let's not act so entitled over this.

Anyways, it has been a nice short ride with you guys. See you all next time until DLC or Smash Bros 5. Whichever happens first, maybe Mewtwo can happen through DLC, maybe not. But I'm going to enjoy the game regardless, it looks much more fun than the disappointing Brawl game.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Part of me expects later to hear
"I daresay my jolly consorts, my tweet with which you interpreted was but a ruse! You have been bamboozled and smeckledorfed! Why, in your new age lingo, I'd call this successful and 'epic' 'troll'! Enjoy your Lucario!"
Part of me wants to believe though.
And not sure if you guys noticed but Zipzo totally just liked this post above. Troll confirmed. What an a**.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know things seem very grim, but it's sad to see so many of you giving up from a picture, let alone one that has the bottom screen covered.

There are a few people suspicious of the picture. I am as well. I'm not buying it because I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

Just wait until Gema unlocks ROB, then we will know for sure.
I do appreciate your optim(us)ism(haha, lame joke sucks), but it's all but unlikely at this point.

Jesus the meltdowns here... lol Yes, I know it sucks Mewtwo is not in, and it's very disappointing he didn't come back. But let's not act so entitled over this.

Anyways, it has been a nice short ride with you guys. See you all next time until DLC or Smash Bros 5. Whichever happens first, maybe Mewtwo can happen through DLC, maybe not. But I'm going to enjoy the game regardless, it looks much more fun than the disappointing Brawl game.
To be honest, I was just venting. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying the game without Mewtwo.

And not sure if you guys noticed but Zipzo totally just liked this post above. Troll confirmed. What an a**.
A shame internet comments do nothing to the man on the other side. Jerk.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I don't see the point of that post. Lucario is actually one of my mains. I understand that your disappointed in Ridley's supposedly disconfirmation. I am just as much. Doesn't mean you can take it out on me.
I'm... Not really sure I understand what you're talking about.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
zipzo is someone who i argued with months back, the guy was trying to tell me 1v1 stock 2 minutes is the same as 1v1 3 stock. doesnt matter, better player will always win he said

hes a casual player who has no clue what hes talking about and was enjoying his 15 minutes. he tried to make it 16 minutes with the mewtwo tweet

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860

I think he owes us Mewtwo by not including him in Brawl.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YOU GUYS!

I've been taking Japanese for over a year now; I can read that text! It was just a matter of looking up a couple of words I didn't know.

IT DOES NOT SAY "ALL FIGHTERS UNLOCKED"

It literally says this
"Shin no “Oorusutaa” Moodo ga kaihou sareta! Subete no Faitaa wo taose!"

Crude Translation
New “All-Star” Mode unleashed (probably "unlocked")! Defeat all Fighters!
This doesn't mean that "All fighters are unlocked", but rather you have to defeat all of the fighters in All Star mode. At the worst, this implies that everyone's unlocked. There's still a bit of a chance!

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Thing is, instead of leaving the last row open, why not just make miis into 3 slots, add 2 more 1:1 clones and make it look full that way?...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Sorry I'm late to the party (had an issue with my actual computer, losing it's internet due to a thunderstorm striking in my neighborhood and it fried my tower's internet chip (forcing me to find an Ethernet cable), so I'm stuck using my mom's computer for the time being).

Had a slight fear Mewtwo wasn't going to make it in again, he was probably never even in the planning stages this time around unlike in Brawl and it seems GameFreak/Pokémon Company won out again, then again Megaman, Sonic & Pac-man is more than enough to satisfy the lack of Mewtwo.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
How Sakurai Stole Mewtwo

All the Mews down in Mewville liked Mewtwo a lot
But Sakurai, who lived just north of Mewville, did not.
Sakurai hated Mewtwo, the whole Mewtwo season.
Why? Well no one's quite sure the reason.
It may have been that his shoes were too tight.
It may have been that his head wasn't screwed on just right.
But what might have been the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To be honest, I was just venting. I'm perfectly capable of enjoying the game without Mewtwo.
It was more or less directed at the insane Sakurai hate from the other people. I mean, I'm not a fanboy of him (I don't think he even comes close as the greatest game developer at all) but yeahhhhh... People need to calm down a bit.

With all that said, the reactions Zipzo is getting is somewhat warranted. Kind of mean of him to do that in the first place :/

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm as angry as you guys but we still have DLC I'm not giving up that easily. The roster is good I am happy with, but I'm still extremely disappointed and the biggest shock to me is not one of the big 3 made it.

I mean really Sakurai Mewtwo is the most wanted character and you just ignore that?
K Rool is the most wanted newcomer and you ignore that too.
Ridley is not wanted in Japan but in America he is and he deserved to be in.

Yes all the characters look great and I still can't wait to get it but how does Wii Fit Trainer and Villager make it over Mewtwo and Ridley.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm as angry as you guys but we still have DLC I'm not giving up that easily. The roster is good I am happy with, but I'm still extremely disappointed and the biggest shock to me is not one of the big 3 made it.

I mean really Sakurai Mewtwo is the most wanted character and you just ignore that?
K Rool is the most wanted newcomer and you ignore that too.
Ridley is not wanted in Japan but in America he is and he deserved to be in.

Yes all the characters look great and I still can't wait to get it but how does Wii Fit Trainer and Villager make it over Mewtwo and Ridley.
How do Doctor Mario and Black Pit make it in is the question. The CSS also looks bad and rushed. I wouldn't have cared if Sakurai delayed the game to at least fill up the damn CSS.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It was more or less directed at the insane Sakurai hate from the other people. I mean, I'm not a fanboy of him (I don't think he even comes close as the greatest game developer at all) but yeahhhhh... People need to calm down a bit.

With all that said, the reactions Zipzo is getting is somewhat warranted. Kind of mean of him to do that in the first place :/
I don't praise Sakurai either. But this was a foul move on his part. He's managed to top my anger from Lucina's reveal(and I've gotten over that because she's awesome and I love her source game) and that's an accomplishment.

It's been a while, but this is the first time I've been mad at someone in a forum since my PSASBR days.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Guys, SERIOUSLY, stop trying to aggravate Zipzo about this whole Mewtwo thing.

The irony in that statement is mind-blowing. We, stop aggravating ZIPZO, about MEWTWO? I can't believe you had the hint of a nerve to say that. Excuse me, but did he not just aggravate US about the "whole Mewtwo thing" by saying "Mewtwo is in" for his own sadistic enjoyment? How dare you defend a person like that given the circumstances.

Zipzo, I really hope you know something we don't. All-Star mode better be locked after all the leaked characters are in. Messing with people's hopes like that is just repugnant, shame on you. It's no matter, you reap what you sow, you can bank on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom