• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
Huh, you know something funny I just realized: Mewtwo now stands more upright.
I love this!
The new model they made for Mewtwo actually got me really excited about him. To be honest, I always really hated how Mewtwo looked in Melee, especially is fingers,(his ball fingers are on of the things I love about his design, so him missing those in Melee annoyed me, along with the rest of his body shape in general). In general, he just looked very weird in Melee. Most likely because they (sadly) based his design more on the old Sugimori artwork of him than on the movie version.

However, I am in love with the new Mewtwo model, I even want to go so far and say it is the best model of Mewtwo ever. Everything is just perfect about it and it is getting me so hyped about him. I really can't wait to play him again!

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I like the name change to this thread but it doesn't have a catchy ring to it. What about Mewtwo Strikes Back! [Social/General Discussion]?

Anyway the Mewtwo model is definitely my favourite out of all Mewtwo models. I really just want to see him in action. Sakurai pls

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
BTW - Hey mods, I like the new title of the thread!

That's why it wouldn't surprise me if he acted like his Origins depiction. As I mentioned before I'd rather see a more seemingly omnipotent Mewtwo in regards to his movement and attacks but to be practical, the Origins Mewtwo makes a lot of sense. But I'm still hoping and telepathically suggesting to Sakurai and his devs to use movie one Mewtwo.

HELL F***ING YES! FIRST VIDEO I'M GONNA MAKE WHEN I GET MEWTWO!! I just need to find other Smash players around my age in the area..
Well, they're using Movie 8 Lucario, so it wouldn't surprise me if they got Dan Green to voice him, or just have the Japanese voice actor do his voices, alas Melee.

Edit: Also, to anyone wondering if they will use the female Mewtwo, very unlikely, as the Genesect Movie with the Female Mewtwo proved very controversial, not just in the West, but in Japan as well. I'm sure the dev team knows what Mewtwo most prefer, and will look to using the most beloved incarnation of a character (look to Megaman, and Pacman as examples).

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Ohh ok. He was an amazing Mewtwo. Im really hoping for a Dan Green Mewtwo. I think that would be the best possible result.
Yeah, Bartlett would have been my first pick, but tragedy unfortunately struck. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Strikes back seems to be pretty popular around here as a tag line for Mewtwo. But what about "Mewtwo returns"? That's also viable right?

As for a voice actor, if they really give it vocalized lines, it's not like they couldn't hold auditions for another voice. Assuming it isn't going to the most recent voice actor/actress.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Hey guys!

ALL OF A SUDDEN MEWTWO SMASH EVOLUTION POST!

2001 - Melee Mewtwo

-Large head
-Smaller feet
-Has small fingers
-Resembles Mewtwo from Gen 1-3

2008 - "Brawl" Mewtwo

-Pretty "meh" quality
-Bigger nodes on feet, smaller head in proportion to body.
-Although hands pretty much just have fingers and no nodes. Weird.
-Somewhat resembles Gen 4/5 Mewtwo (which makes sense considering the time):

2013 (with 3.0 update) - P:M Mewtwo

-Considering how this is Project Melee, it makes complete since that this resembles Melee Mewtwo.
-In turn, this Mewtwo also resembles Gen 1-3 Mewtwo, so not much new here besides HD.
-There are some small differences, like bigger nodes on its fingers.

2014 - Smash 3 Mod Mewtwo

-Smaller head in proportion to body
-Bigger nodes on hands; feet have complete circle nodes instead of semicircular ones
-Larger iris in proportion to eye.
-I swear those thighs are huge ingame

-Somewhat resembles anime Mewtwo (mainly Origins), more so than Sm4sh Mewtwo, IMO.

2014/2015 - CONFIRMT SM4SH MEWTWO
LAUGHS PSYCHOKINETICALLY AT PETTY NONBELIEVERS!
MEWTWO.png

-Image edit courtesy of me. (Appears in the desktop wallpaper I shared earlier.)
-Smaller thighs in proportion to everything.
-More upright.
-Prominent nodes, moreso than Smash 3 version.
-DID I MENTION THAT IT'S CONFIRMT!?!
-Best resembles Gen 6 Mewtwo (which again makes sense given the time):

Hope you enjoyed this random dosage of information. :3

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Hey guys!

2001 - Melee Mewtwo

-Large head
-Smaller feet
-Has small fingers

2008 - "Brawl" Mewtwo

-Pretty "meh" quality

-Considering how this is Project Melee, it makes complete since that this resembles Melee Mewtwo.
-In turn, this Mewtwo also resembles Gen 1-3 Mewtwo, so not much new here besides HD.

-Bigger nodes on hands; feet have complete circle nodes instead of semicircular ones
-Large eyes

-Somewhat resembles anime Mewtwo (mainly Origins), more so than Sm4sh Mewtwo, IMO.

View attachment 28403
-Image edit courtesy of me. (Appears in the desktop wallpaper I shared earlier.)
-More upright.

Posts like these are the reason why I sit up to 1am looking up Mewtwo stuff.

............I just can't get over how far he's come ;____;

Seeing the 2014 Mewtwo at the end just makes my heart race again.

he's really coming back!! <3 <3 <3

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey guys!

2001 - Melee Mewtwo

-Large head
-Smaller feet
-Has small fingers

2008 - "Brawl" Mewtwo

-Pretty "meh" quality

View attachment 28403
-More upright.

Great compilation, although trying to read that purple text against that grey background nearly made me go blind ;)
With Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby on the way, maybe we'll get Mega Mewtwo Z?
BpkOZ9BIcAEUvic.jpg

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
What will Mewtwo's title in the Boxing Ring stage be?

"The World's Strongest Pokemon!"

"Literally Frieza!"

"Giygas?"

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Wouldn't it be great if Mewtwo came with downloadable event matches, including a remake of the final event match from Melee where he teams up with Giga Bowser and Ganondorf?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That would be awesome! However...Giga Bowser can't be defeated in Smash4. xD Unless he SDs...
They could make him defeatable, for the event, couldn't they?
Also, there needs to be one called "Mewtwo Strikes Back" where you defeat Lucario and Greninja :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice. I'm loving those blue ones.

Hey guys!

2001 - Melee Mewtwo

-Large head
-Smaller feet
-Has small fingers

2008 - "Brawl" Mewtwo

-Pretty "meh" quality

View attachment 28403
-More upright.

Get hype...!!!

Sometimes my popularity hating personality wants to de-hype me because of how popular Mewtwo is...

Then I remember that I've had Mewtwo as my Melee main for the past 3 years. :colorful:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
With Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby on the way, maybe we'll get Mega Mewtwo Z?
View attachment 28404
For the last 4 years we've gotten a new Pokemon game so it wouldn't surprise me if Pokemon Z is announced next year, maybe even before Mewtwo is released for Smash. It's possible that aside from the early development, the reason they want to release him for Spring of next year is that GF wants to promote their game by giving Mewtwo a third Mega that will also be his Final Smash.

It could explain why his other two megas are just trophies and seeing how we are getting a stage for Yoshi's Yarn Sakurai is willing to put in content that isn't even out yet.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I hope Mewtwo is so freaking strong this time around that his only possible counter is... himself.

On a side note, where do you guys think he will be placed in the character selection screen? Next to the other Pokémon or completely separate from them like Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina? I hope it's the former.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I hope Mewtwo is so freaking strong this time around that his only possible counter is... himself.

On a side note, where do you guys think he will be placed in the character selection screen? Next to the other Pokémon or completely separate from them like Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina? I hope it's the former.
...ok, no. Then he might get banned.
Plus...everyone will use him and he'll feel less unique to play. I'd rather him require a LOT of skill to use like in Melee then be top tier OP. >.>

C3CC

Smash Lord
...ok, no. Then he might get banned.
Plus...everyone will use him and he'll feel less unique to play. I'd rather him require a LOT of skill to use like in Melee then be top tier OP. >.>
Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that. I don't care about him being banned because I don't play competitively but it will annoy me if everyone starts using him.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:4falcon:So...uh. Hey, guys. Wanna give me all the details I missed? It's been a busy month on my end.

Also.. Excuse the non-blue text. Mobile is stoopid.
DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

YOUVE MISSED OUT

Mewtwo is coming in Spring for both versions, but is free if you buy and register both versions.

Needless to say the hype is rampant.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I would most definitely love me some Mega Mewtwo X on Pokken Tournament, to the max.
Welcome back Omni, and guys I did post this in Mewtwo's Customs Thread, but I'm gonna throw this down. These Customs are not what you remembered back in August, I've ascended to a whole new level of Mewtwo creativity!
:GCB:= Shadow Ball

Custom #1 Waving Shadow Ball

Still chargeable, shield-cancels & can roll out of charging, & retains the hit from it charging upon contact. Except this Shadow Ball has more emphasis on the waving path when fired & takes longer to charge it fully, but is generally a faster projectile. A baby Waving Shadow Ball will have a slight wave-pattern when fired much like the baby shadow balls from Melee, but the more it's charged alters how much it waves up & down. When Fullcharged this projectile has a huge waving curve to it, making this move almost a hit-or-miss situation if a character is in a blind area where the WSB won't be due to waving too low or too high. However, the damage & knockback are immensely more powerful than the regular Shadow Ball, the speed of it fired is faster, & the recoil after firing it pushes Mewtwo backward even farther than before, being a viable recovery option if you Reverse the move Fullcharged. Oh and don't worry, the dark glowing power will still be visual.

Custom #2 Psyshock

Still chargeable, shield-cancels able to roll out of charging as well, & retains the hit from charging it upon contact. Except this Shadow Ball has more emphasis on the charging portion rather than firing it for it's immense power unlike SB & WSB. The charging ball of purple blob behind Mewtwo is larger than either SB or WSB, & the hits taken from the blob itself deal more damage. The interesting part about Psyshock on the ground is it putting characters in a stun-state when so much as run into the charging Neutral-B. The stunning duration lasts longer the higher their current % is. However, this move is not for throwing it as the fired damages are below par of damage & knockback, dealing barely any damage against shields, making this move a poor projectile for zoning purposes long-range. Rest assured, the glowing on Mewtwo's hand is there, but it's more of a purple blob-like sphere, than flaming dark energy.

:GCR::GCB: = Confusion

Custom #1 Psychic

It's still a command grab / throw airborne & grounded, that is able to reflects projectiles becoming your own property, but the push-back property is removed. Except that Psychic has a longer start-up channeling the stronger psychic power to control your opponent. The command grab deals incredibly stronger damage & knock-back having good KO potential, along with the reflecting multiplier is increased to deal more damage while slightly increasing the trajectory speed of the projectile as well. However as said earlier, the start-up of the move is longer, the push-back is gone, & you don't stall-then-fall when airborne using it. You just fall normally while channeling this attack, so this is risky to perform off-stage if you're timing it too late.

Custom #2 Pushing Confusion

You still have the ability to reflect projectiles becoming your own & the push-back property, but the command grab / throw is removed. This Custom emphasizes around more of the push-back property more than anything, though the reflecting multiplier & the trajectory speed are both slightly increased. The push-back effect drastically increases, allowing you to setup your own situations pushing them away airborne or grounded. The pushing knockback doesn't flinch, though the push power is stronger the closer you are to them. However, as said before, this Custom deals no damage, & does not put them in any hit-stun whatsoever, & while the sour-spot push still sends them away, Mewtwo's ending lag on the move is longer, so this move whiffed or on shield is very punishable. Have fun gimping recovering characters off-stage, or pushing back bad landings!

:GCU::GCB: = Teleport

Custom #1 Dark Pulsing Teleport

Mewtwo still vanishes & reappears from Point A to B at a relatively quick pace, however the end-lag of landing with this Custom is longer. Compensating for it is a hit-box property that occurs at his Point A location. If you know about Tabuu in Subspace Emissary from SSBBrawl, then you get the idea about this Custom. There still isn't a hit-box when reappearing at Point B hit-box, but you can still use this to evade attacks as a defensive option. The Point A vanish leaves behind a Darkness pulse attack dealing a moderately strong hit KO'ing in the ~130%, great for baiting aggressive approaches, edge-guarding recoveries off-stage, or for zoning the ledge. Note that the range of Explosive Teleport is decreased.

Custom #2 Dimensional Teleport

Mewtwo still vanishes & reappears from Point A to B avoiding attacks, but the emphasis behind this Custom is the incredibly longer distance recovering. There's no hit-box property at the vanishing Point A, rather there's a weak attack with a push-back effect while reappearing during Point B. The attack damage dealt is within the 5 - 7% range, but the attack is made up for the fairly good pushing knockback. Of course this isn't safe to do on block, but the mileage you get most out of is its distance airborne or grounded. Suppressed for a moment stalling in place, Mewtwo channels his power to travel between dimensions in order to use it's amazing recovery ability, passing through attacks as well. It takes 60 frames of a moment to finish channeling, however Mewtwo generates one after-imaging of himself mid-way as a result of traveling between dimensions, which it's possible to hit Mewtwo at this moment of time. Did I mention that his end-lag when landing is shortened?

:GCD::GCB: = Disable

Custom #1 Imprison / Freezing Disable

Used in the same way as the default Disable, shooting a short beam forward from his eyes, except that any fighter making contact by this Custom will be frozen in a block of ice, similar to Lucas' PK Freeze or G&W's 8 Judgement. Imprison deals a measly 3% but the freezing effect will last longer the higher the foe's damage, allowing strong attacks like tilts to do damage to it without breaking the ice early game, while smash attacks are more opportunistic when their % is higher for a Fullcharged attack. Using Imprision on a frozen foe only deals another 3% with slight knockback. Imprision does apply to both grounded & airborne, although grounded opponents frozen won't really move anywhere; meanwhile it used airborne the affected trapped in ice will bounce up for a slight moment, then proceed to falling with or without spun movement. At that point, they're susceptible to a D-air meteor follow-up from you.

Custom #2 Glare / Tumbling Disable

Mewtwo still shoots a short beam from his eyes used in the same way as the default Disable, although the range of the beam is increased, & the daze effect at early % is shorter. When the beam makes contact with a front-facing foe on the ground, they'll be forcefully turned around put in a daze effect, much like a cape effect (to express the fear to not look directly at Mewtwo after being glared at). When Glare aka Tumbling Disable is used airborne connecting with a foe, they're put in a tumbling state, unable to do anything until it wears off. They are unable to tech during the animation of falling, making it easy to follow-up with a guaranteed tilt or landing aerial given you both are airborne above stage level. It's notable that the tumbling lasts longer than the Glaring grounded daze effect early %, until later on when their % is higher for Glare's daze effect to last longer. The tumbling state is set & cannot decrease or increase unless they are flinched by another move. Finally the grounded Glare deals 2% for both airborne & grounded.

I hope that he isn't that god-tier, he'd be mocked & hated as the new Brawl Meta Knight.
:troll: It wouldn't be very eggcelent if you know what I mean median & mode.

And the former

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to see Mewtwo's page on the official website. I predict it'll pop up March-April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom