• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fabled Dream by SeeJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFZ3W7dMKY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Just a quick combo video I made. These aren't the best combos but I had nothing else to do.
I just didn't want to be like other people who post these AMAZING combos (and I mean that sincerely) but most of them never even pull it off in a real match.
No diss to those.
And I couldn't find anyone to play against on console, and just so many factors lead to me just doing this differently than how I would like.
Please READ THE DESCRIPTION of the video before posting.

-SeeJ

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
an eight minute video is like a year for dogs

are u trying to make me an elderly man

SSBPete

Smash Lord
training mode combos are to show off tech skill by getting that combo meter from 0-x with the opponent getting ko'd. that was pretty boring and considering those combos were on opponents who couldnt space or tech roll made it a fairly poor video. i see that sorta stuff on a day to day basis from all players on my server.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
training mode combos are to show off tech skill by getting that combo meter from 0-x with the opponent getting ko'd. that was pretty boring and considering those combos were on opponents who couldnt space or tech roll made it a fairly poor video. i see that sorta stuff on a day to day basis from all players on my server.
tech-rolls?
I don't believe I saw many combos that could be teched in there. (there were like one or two, but the rest were un-techable. This isn't Melee bro)
And yeah dude that was the point
if you learned to read you would realize that they weren't supposed to be the most Flashy or Best combos in the world.
Just to show a couple combos. And I never realized spacing was an element taken into combos.
Isn't the old SSB64 motto "don't get hit"?
because once you get hit, your more than likely gonna get COMBOD to death. So that's all spacing has to do with it.
And okay you see that everyday in your server, okay fine
so that would mean I'm on par with your server then. Lol

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It'd be fine except many of them weren't combo's, the opponents hitstun wore off numerous times which means it's just you beating up a few computer players.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
It'd be fine except many of them weren't combo's, the opponents hitstun wore off numerous times which means it's just you beating up a few computer players.
not really
only Samus' F-Air combos
probably

Alright I rewatched it
Dk Punch on Puff they could have escaped
possibly Kirby on Link the B-AIR but Link's recovery sucks so much he would have died anyways
one of the Pikachu on Kirby's depends on where they jumped (D-Tilt one)
Ness on Ness was techable
Fox F-AIR chains on Puff MIGHT have been escapable (probably was)

and thats about
in total thats only like 20 seconds
the rest of the video is not just mindless beating up of computers
so yeah
Please know what your talking about bro.

I know for **** sure that all Falcon's combos are legit

and also
this is on 50% damage ratio
hitstun, knockback, etc
are all different than what your used to

SSBPete

Smash Lord
tech-rolls?
I don't believe I saw many combos that could be teched in there. (there were like one or two, but the rest were un-techable. This isn't Melee bro)
And yeah dude that was the point
if you learned to read you would realize that they weren't supposed to be the most Flashy or Best combos in the world.
Just to show a couple combos. And I never realized spacing was an element taken into combos.
Isn't the old SSB64 motto "don't get hit"?
because once you get hit, your more than likely gonna get COMBOD to death. So that's all spacing has to do with it.
And okay you see that everyday in your server, okay fine
so that would mean I'm on par with your server then. Lol
players on my server can DI and yeah like ciaza said, most of them arnt even combos anyway. also the name of the vid is really homo, just putting it out there. im sorry its just a poor effort at a 'combo vid'

rpotts

Smash Lord
not really
only Samus' F-Air combos
probably

Alright I rewatched it
Dk Punch on Puff they could have escaped
possibly Kirby on Link the B-AIR but Link's recovery sucks so much he would have died anyways
one of the Pikachu on Kirby's depends on where they jumped (D-Tilt one)
Ness on Ness was techable
Fox F-AIR chains on Puff MIGHT have been escapable (probably was)

and thats about
in total thats only like 20 seconds
the rest of the video is not just mindless beating up of computers
so yeah
Please know what your talking about bro.

I know for **** sure that all Falcon's combos are legit

and also
this is on 50% damage ratio
hitstun, knockback, etc
are all different than what your used to
no kid, almost all of those combos break. The falcon on jiggly one towards the beginning broke between basically every hit. None of us want to watch 8 minutes of you beating up level 9 computers on 50% damage ratio. We've seen your 2 hit combos, and we'll pass.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Look it's an 8 minute video which means you obviously put a lot of time into it so I can understand why you don't like the negative criticism. Please understand however that I was being honest with my comment but didn't mean for it to make you upset.

I believe if you performed those combos in training mode you could see for sure what did and did not connect. Sure it's time consuming but a good combo video takes time and effort.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
no kid, almost all of those combos break. The falcon on jiggly one towards the beginning broke between basically every hit. None of us want to watch 8 minutes of you beating up level 9 computers on 50% damage ratio. We've seen your 2 hit combos, and we'll pass.
bro
do you play 50% damage ratio?
No I don't think so, so obviously you have no idea what your talking about.
The damage ratio changes a lot
DK could probably kill Puff with a backthrow like at 50-60 ish percent (maybe lower)
but it doesn't happen till like 130-160 ish in 50% damage ratio
the %'s are changed by a lot, and so is hit-stun and knock-back (especially with grabs)

so until you've played this version of the game I suggest you be quiet :D
by saying "almost all of those combos break" you just sound foolish and obviously it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
Maybe they wouldn't have worked in the original
but most of them work in this version.

players on my server can DI '
what on Earth does that have to do with anything?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
most of them can be tech-roll DI out of it, this is not a combo video, even if you were playing against humans.

rpotts

Smash Lord
bro
do you play 50% damage ratio?
No I don't think so, so obviously you have no idea what your talking about.
The damage ratio changes a lot
DK could probably kill Puff with a backthrow like at 50-60 ish percent (maybe lower)
but it doesn't happen till like 130-160 ish in 50% damage ratio
the %'s are changed by a lot, and so is hit-stun and knock-back (especially with grabs)

so until you've played this version of the game I suggest you be quiet :D
by saying "almost all of those combos break" you just sound foolish and obviously it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
Maybe they wouldn't have worked in the original
but most of them work in this version.

what on Earth does that have to do with anything?
Dude, you are wrong, it's obvious that the computers get out of hitstun many times. If you played real people you would realize almost none of those combos work. Level 9 computers are programed to go directly towards you, and they don't usually try to escape "combos" as well as real players. The combos break, trust us. You will look back on this and laugh some day in the future if you ever learn to listen to people here when they criticize you.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i'll be honest, even if these were on real players and they were linked combos, it would still suck because its the most generic **** ive ever seen. half of them are typical ko's you get at least 2-3 times in an everyday server match!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
That sort of combo isn't bad. Application combo videos are generally the most applicable and informative to those learning a character. Innovation is great and all, but it's not the only thing that can make a good combo video good.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Uh, some of these combos aren't even real combos. The damage ratio appears to be 0.5. DK F-throw to F-air on Samus? That **** doesn't even work at 0%, never mind the 100+% in the video. There was also an F-throw to D-air on Falcon or somebody. That just isn't a combo at 1.0 damage ratio, no matter what you do.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Uh, some of these combos aren't even real combos. The damage ratio appears to be 0.5. DK F-throw to F-air on Samus? That **** doesn't even work at 0%, never mind the 100+% in the video. There was also an F-throw to D-air on Falcon or somebody. That just isn't a combo at 1.0 damage ratio, no matter what you do.
thats the whole point lol.
To show some new combos

and yeah Cheeseball has the right idea it's more of an application combo video in a new type of Smash. These are possible, back, in January when I actually had people to play against on console I did plenty of these. These work and the hitstun is changed because of the higher %'s and changed damage ratio. So like I said it's different from what your used to, that's why that other guy shouldn't be like "omg these don't work" cause quite honestly they do.
To the other argument about being able to tech-roll/go away
There is only smash DI in this game and in the words of another (I think it was SSB Pete's youtube channel)

"Second, since 64 only has smash DI, if a combo is valid in training mode, it almost certainly is valid in a fight if you can get your hitconfirms in order, because the only way to get out of the combo is easy to read, and not very effective in the first place."

and a lot of the combos were off-stage/high in the air
so yeah you can't really tech those

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Use the wall
thats quite possibly in the first one
in fact its MORE possible in the first one
cause if depending on the %'s
in this version you might get counterattacked
or the opponent just isn't sent high enough so they land on the floor

and basically the only stage with a wall is Hyrule Castle
lol so I don't get why people act like that would be a problem EVERYWHERE

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so this is a combo video detailing "new" combos that can't be done with regular game settings?

Practical!
no dude
I said "some" not ALL
in fact my intention with the vid is quite the opposite
it's to show that a lot of your run-of-the-mill combos are still possible/effective in this version

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
why does anybody care about "this version"
Obviously you care enough to be posting on it, trying to undermine it like it's something terrible. I'm not forcing peeps to be slaves to it, and completely give up everything else. I'm just showing them another option.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Haha, I'm just messing with you now. I tend to lose the caps when I do that.

Maybe that "version" would be viable if there was an option for presetting the percentage, because of what Boom said.

It always struck me as odd that the physics of the game change when on a different damage ratio. Throws, in particular.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I'm just messing with you now. I tend to lose the caps when I do that.

Maybe that "version" would be viable if there was an option for presetting the percentage, because of what Boom said.

It always struck me as odd that the physics of the game change when on a different damage ratio. Throws, in particular.
True that, I don't really know why either. But I tend to love this version better.
Throws in particular seemed to be reduced by more than half on 50% damage ratio
and then yeah there's the discussion of slight hitstun differences in this version too.
I never put the pieces together all I know is that they're there

rpotts

Smash Lord
that's why that other guy shouldn't be like "omg these don't work" cause quite honestly they do.
To the other argument about being able to tech-roll/go away
There is only smash DI in this game and in the words of another (I think it was SSB Pete's youtube channel)

"Second, since 64 only has smash DI, if a combo is valid in training mode, it almost certainly is valid in a fight if you can get your hitconfirms in order, because the only way to get out of the combo is easy to read, and not very effective in the first place."

Right, but if you did these in training mode you would find that they don't work. The computers could simply hold away from you at points, play real opponents, then learn how to combo, THEN post combos.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
From video description: "All combos are done on console. I wanted to make a combo video originally against human players (other pros)"

Just because u play scrubs on console and went to a few tournaments doesn't make u a pro, sorry, go online someday and get *****. These are all basic combos that even a slightly above average player like me can do. Maybe a noob might like this video.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait, guys, I get it now.

SeeJ is a melee player.

This explains everything. He grew up on in-game combo vids (They don't do practice mode combos in melee, I think it's because DI is such a big deal) and throws not doing ****, so when he comes to smash 64, he changes the Damage Ratio to 50% in order to make it more melee-esque and then records "in-game" combo videos, and titles them "How sexy is seej's puff?" and the like. He thinks online play is fake because they don't really have it in the melee community, and styles himself a pro because he's never played anyone worth playing. He's afraid of getting molested, so he won't "meet people individually" to play on console.

Seriously, SeeJ, the problem I have with your video isn't that the combos are escapable (some of them are) or that they're performed on CPUs (although I think that's pretty dumb) or that the damage ratio is at 50% (to each his own, I guess) Or that you passive-aggressively lash out at the first sign of criticism (which you do).

It's that the combos aren't very good. They really aren't. Look at it like this: Unless you're as awesome as Nephiros or Zenyore or Alancitu (and you're not) all or almost all of your in-game combos will be things that people see and do on a regular basis. Even in your "version", most of the combos are similar to those that we see in actual smash. The training mode combos that you see (most of which aren't that applicable in-game) are original, fun to watch, and interesting. Nevertheless, I can understand your scorn for them. But even if it flies in Melee, in 64, we don't like your video because it's a compilation of things that we see every day. It's like watching a melee vid of every character doing an Fsmash on every other character. No one is impressed by a uair-uair-dair combo by falcon, or by a kirby utiltutiltutiltfsmash shieldbreak, or by a uair uair uair upB from weegee, or by an fthrow-dair off the tent's right side by DK. Unless you have something original, it's not worth our time to watch.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wasn't really meant to be a definitive list. I just put down 3 guys off the top of my head. You'd be on the complete version for sure... Pikachu Up-air combos baby! YEEEES! OHGOD!

SSBPete

Smash Lord

SeeJ is a melee player.

This explains everything. He grew up on in-game combo vids (They don't do practice mode combos in melee, I think it's because DI is such a big deal) and throws not doing ****, so when he comes to smash 64, he changes the Damage Ratio to 50% in order to make it more melee-esque and then records "in-game" combo videos, and titles them "How sexy is seej's puff?" and the like. He thinks online play is fake because they don't really have it in the melee community, and styles himself a pro because he's never played anyone worth playing. He's afraid of getting molested, so he won't "meet people individually" to play on console.

Seriously, SeeJ, the problem I have with your video isn't that the combos are escapable (some of them are) or that they're performed on CPUs (although I think that's pretty dumb) or that the damage ratio is at 50% (to each his own, I guess) Or that you passive-aggressively lash out at the first sign of criticism (which you do).

It's that the combos aren't very good. They really aren't. Look at it like this: Unless you're as awesome as Nephiros or Zenyore or Alancitu (and you're not) all or almost all of your in-game combos will be things that people see and do on a regular basis. Even in your "version", most of the combos are similar to those that we see in actual smash. The training mode combos that you see (most of which aren't that applicable in-game) are original, fun to watch, and interesting. Nevertheless, I can understand your scorn for them. But even if it flies in Melee, in 64, we don't like your video because it's a compilation of things that we see every day. It's like watching a melee vid of every character doing an Fsmash on every other character. No one is impressed by a uair-uair-dair combo by falcon, or by a kirby utiltutiltutiltfsmash shieldbreak, or by a uair uair uair upB from weegee, or by an fthrow-dair off the tent's right side by DK. Unless you have something original, it's not worth our time to watch.
amen!

I need to make a in game combo video so I can get on that list
please do! i wouldnt mind seeing some big ingame fox and falcon combos :D

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman

SeeJ is a melee player.

Obviously you were doing Psychedelic drugs when you posted this comment or your an idiot.
First of all, yeah I play Melee so what? Grabs killing people in 64 is just stupid. And obviously you know nothing of Melee since grabs are important to the game also.

I'm 15 bro, what 15 year do you know that would just invite strangers he met online to his house -_-. My safety is more important than any game.

"He thinks online play is fake" lol whuutttt? When did I say that

And of course I would get ***** if I play online
I'm not used to the frame-lags and using a freaking keyboard to play the game -_-

"Unless you're as awesome as Nephiros or Zenyore or Alancitu (and you're not"
course I'm not, never said I was.

"all or almost all of your in-game combos will be things that people see and do on a regular basis. Even in your "version", most of the combos are similar to those that we see in actual smash."

Obviously you fail at reading, or reading comprehension. On the video, and on this thread I clearly said that the whole point of the video was to show that combos in the original version were possible in this version.

"The training mode combos that you see (most of which aren't that applicable in-game) are original, fun to watch, and interesting."

So ur saying training mode combos aren't applicable in-game
Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhtttttttt

Bro seriously what is your deal lol? I clearly said A: I don't think I'm the best player (even though the Puff combo was a little much)
and B: I never said you all MUST play this game, I just threw the idea out there.
Yet you always come on so hostile and just like a jerk. I don't even get why lol, I've never done anything to you, and I'm just here minding mah own business.

I wouldn't mind the aggressiveness if you were at least intelligible enough to comprehend what your reading, but from your comments, you''re not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom