• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F throw

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Usually at low %ages I can sort of run in and regrab an opponent because Ike's fthrow really doesn't have too much knockback on it.

However other than that, and an infinite on characters up against a while, there really is no purpose to grab with Ike unless you tend to follow up with some stuff. (However I find it funny grabbing my opponent and just pummeling them to a higher %age and then just dthrowing them and watching them fly.)

metroid1117

Smash Master
FThrow sets up nicely for pressure games. A spot-dodge after the FThrow is a perfect opportunity for a pivot grab, a shield is just another grab, and if they get into the habit of jumping and airdodging to get behind you, USmash will counter that as well. FThrow also sets up for Dash Attack if you do it fast enough (use the control stick with the C-stick).

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well the ways I use f-throw is when I wall infinite, f-throw -> f-throw, f-throw -> dash or to get them closer to the ledge of the stage. F-throw seems to be my least used throw for me.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I was wondering if I could ftrow to ftilt, I don't have a human to try it on until Friday
It could work but it depends on how your opponents react. I have done this before but my opponents where in high %s and not in low %s which you want this thread to be about.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I just wish Ike ran just a tad faster. If he did, he would have chaingrabs on a good number of the cast with his Fthrow. >_< Same idea with Bthrow.

But anyways, Fthrow to Dash Attack works well from what I have found. (Or QD, but that isn't wise). Would Fthrow->Nair->AAA work at really low %s?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well Freak, that could work, however I think when you are opening up you want to follow up with a dash attack or Fair, I think what you mentioned is just to use to keep the fight tasteful and keep yourself from being too predictable. (Also it sort of combos.)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It was the comboing part that got me thinking.....maybe on heavy weights it could work well? I just don't know if there is enough hitstuff for it to be workable. If it is, hey, an extra 5%ish is an extra 5%ish.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I find it interesting just how fast it is. I can't think of a throw right now that just overall happens faster. It's certainly something to be looked into.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, up to what percent does Ike's forward throw infinite against a wall work? And against what characters?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I find it interesting just how fast it is. I can't think of a throw right now that just overall happens faster. It's certainly something to be looked into.
Lucario's Fthrow comes out FAST, the only difference is it has MUCH more knockback.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just out of curiosity, up to what percent does Ike's forward throw infinite against a wall work? And against what characters?
When I was playing my friend, I got up to 110-125% with it against his Ganondorf. idk if that's the most accurate answer when doing it to Ganon but that's what I got. :ohwell:

Top Bottom