• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Air lag reduction/cancel

Niko_K

Smash Master
I need someone to confirm this for me, I have been constantly doing this and it seems to have an effect on the landing lag.

Short hop a fair then right before you hit the ground, ever so slightly tilt the joystick in the direction you are facing. It seems to cancel the landing animation with the first frame of the dash animation..but then cancels the dash also. If you do this correctly, you should go from a Fair straight into your standing position.

I have a video on my sd card but I dont have my capture card to capture it.

If anyone wants to see the video they are going to need to add my Brawl and Wii FC's and vice versa so I can send you the replay.

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
Not going to lie to you.
I just tested it, and it worked.
The only thing it didn't work on, Was when I hit somebody.
Like, it works when I just use it on the ground, it is a huge difference in speed.
But... When I hit somebody, it doesn't cancel..
Maybe I'm doing it wrong when I hit people.

Magus420

Smash Master

Can you record landing sooner than this? It looks like you kept landing right where the move begins to autocancel anyway.

Land at the same exact moment that flash begins to come out (a few frames earlier basically), and see if you can still do it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Im pretty sure this is faster than autocancel. I could be wrong. Im back at home now so I have no card to capture with. :(

Gimpyfish told me it was just an autocancel...but it seems faster :S

Milk2

Smash Rookie
I tried this but i don't think you need to just tilt the joystick. if you Fast fall....a little bit after she takes off the crown, you will land fast and the animation will stop.

Making it possible to do any move right after. But it's a little harder to do if you hit someone because the F-air does have a SMALL bit of hit lag on it

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
make a video that compares with and without. Otherwise we can't tell if it's auto-cancel or something new.

THO

Smash Apprentice
That is nice. The first two slaps in the video are with the cancel and the later ones with out right? I can see the difference, but some statistics would be nice. I'll have to try this out. Nice find.

Top Bottom