• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ezio Auditore's Smashing Brotherhood

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So Ezio's VA just posted this:

Might not mean much since he voices a ton of other characters but I'm interested to see what he's talking about.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Might not mean much since he voices a ton of other characters but I'm interested to see what he's talking about.
It's probably Arkham Legacy.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman

Dude I'll be paying close attention now. I'm super hopefull, but it might just be an announcment for a new game hes voicing for or something

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Rip: Ezio for Smash

Beloved by this thread

May he Smash in our Dreams
Late 2018 - Late 2019

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I didn't know anything about Ezio and just new that there was a series called Assassin's Creed. Then I found out that he was from Florence. I went there several years ago. Many notable figures were from there including Dante and Machiaveli.

While Rayman is the most likely Ubisoft rep if we had one, I want to see Ezio either by himself or with Altair like Olimar/Alph.

I would be interested to see what he could bring to Smash. Plus, he already has one crossover fighter on his resume being Soul Calibur 5.

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
So... If you watched the US stream during the Mii Fighter Costumes segment, and you didn't recognize the theme or references - We got Assassin's Creed in Smash Bros.

A Mii Fighter costume, a Mii Fighter costume of ALTAIR - but Assassin's Creed in Smash nonetheless (I mean, any other stream but the US one outright stated it's Assassin's Creed.)

What does this mean? Well, realistically we could take it as a loss: While Isabelle, Chrom, and K. Rool eventually did forego Mii Fighter Status to become playable they were also Nintendo characters. While there were Mii Fighter costumes added for a series that had already had a character, there wasn't a series that had a Mii Fighter costume first, only to add a character later.

So expectedly, the Altair costume may be the only bit of representation from Assassin's Creed as we might get.

BUT!!!

We're not down and out - there are six more fighters! One of them could be Ezio!

If you recall, I posted before that in my Amazon review of the Rebels Collection for Nintendo Switch HERE asking NOT for Ezio in Smash, but The Ezio Trilogy for Switch (I mean, I have the Ezio Trilogy on PS4) and upon my reply from the UBISOFT Support, I replied:

"That's a shame... Ezio is the most famous and recognizable character from the Assassin's Creed series, it'd be great to play his games on the Switch, at home and on the go.

That and Ezio should be in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate as DLC, as while it's fun to imagine him in by playing as a Mii as I've been doing, the real thing would be much better. "

I replied to that back in November. Hopefully that might be enough to push Ubisoft to consider getting our boy in - or at the very least, get Ezio Collection on Switch.

While Rayman is the most likely Ubisoft rep if we had one, I want to see Ezio either by himself or with Altair like Olimar/Alph.

I would be interested to see what he could bring to Smash. Plus, he already has one crossover fighter on his resume being Soul Calibur 5.
I mean, if I were in Sakurai's shoes, I'd imagine Ezio as a heavy close combat character, with his various gadgets to compensate. At the moment I would imagine him as a combination of Snake and Arsene-less Joker... But I'm kinda hyped at the moment over the Altair costume that my projection juices aren't flowing....

Rip: Ezio for Smash

Beloved by this thread

May he Smash in our Dreams
Late 2018 - Late 2019
So quick to write him off. I swear people were really into wanting the Game Awards to reveal something or to have it turn into a Direct, but in the end even Joker's announcement in 2018 was more a surprise to even Sakurai, and the reveal of the Champions' Ballad in 2017 was more just because it happened to align with the release date.

(To grasp the situation - We would've gotten something on the Mario Maker 2 update had the stars aligned, and people would have been UPSET~)

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
So... If you watched the US stream during the Mii Fighter Costumes segment, and you didn't recognize the theme or references - We got Assassin's Creed in Smash Bros.

A Mii Fighter costume, a Mii Fighter costume of ALTAIR - but Assassin's Creed in Smash nonetheless (I mean, any other stream but the US one outright stated it's Assassin's Creed.)

What does this mean? Well, realistically we could take it as a loss: While Isabelle, Chrom, and K. Rool eventually did forego Mii Fighter Status to become playable they were also Nintendo characters. While there were Mii Fighter costumes added for a series that had already had a character, there wasn't a series that had a Mii Fighter costume first, only to add a character later.

So expectedly, the Altair costume may be the only bit of representation from Assassin's Creed as we might get.

BUT!!!

We're not down and out - there are six more fighters! One of them could be Ezio!

If you recall, I posted before that in my Amazon review of the Rebels Collection for Nintendo Switch HERE asking NOT for Ezio in Smash, but The Ezio Trilogy for Switch (I mean, I have the Ezio Trilogy on PS4) and upon my reply from the UBISOFT Support, I replied:

"That's a shame... Ezio is the most famous and recognizable character from the Assassin's Creed series, it'd be great to play his games on the Switch, at home and on the go.

That and Ezio should be in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate as DLC, as while it's fun to imagine him in by playing as a Mii as I've been doing, the real thing would be much better. "

I replied to that back in November. Hopefully that might be enough to push Ubisoft to consider getting our boy in - or at the very least, get Ezio Collection on Switch.

I mean, if I were in Sakurai's shoes, I'd imagine Ezio as a heavy close combat character, with his various gadgets to compensate. At the moment I would imagine him as a combination of Snake and Arsene-less Joker... But I'm kinda hyped at the moment over the Altair costume that my projection juices aren't flowing....

So quick to write him off. I swear people were really into wanting the Game Awards to reveal something or to have it turn into a Direct, but in the end even Joker's announcement in 2018 was more a surprise to even Sakurai, and the reveal of the Champions' Ballad in 2017 was more just because it happened to align with the release date.

(To grasp the situation - We would've gotten something on the Mario Maker 2 update had the stars aligned, and people would have been UPSET~)
Sorry if I upset you... I wrote that before I found out about the extra dlc characters...

D

Deleted member

When I saw that Mii Costume!

Everyone: Cuphead is in as a Mii Costume!

Me: Altair is in as a Mii Costume! Plus we heard Ezio's Family theme! *Tears up.*

I'm good really awesome too see that!

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
I'd say everyone who wants Ezio for Smash (Even though all the fighters for Pass 2 have been chosen) should ask for the Ezio Collection on Switch.

Sorry if I upset you... I wrote that before I found out about the extra dlc characters...
Upset? Not really. I just kinda saw it as a tad, off...?

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
So I haven't been on this board before, but I just wanted to note two things about the Altair costume.

1. The costume is slightly different from his ingame design, which I find very, very odd.

2. That version of Ezio's Family that was played during the trailer is a mystery. I can't find where they got that version of Ezio's Family from. It sounds like Assassin's Creed II's version, but it still seems distinctly different. Granted, my ears are messed up with an infection right now, but I think that the version we heard of Ezio's Family might be in fact a brand new remix of the theme.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
The Altair costume caught my eye and I do plan to get it. I think the door is still open for Ezio to be playable.

KahunaLagoona DX

Smash Cadet
Welp, hopefully it does. Now though, I have to figure out how the cowl fits with my Ezio Mii in the meantime of HOPEFULLY GETTING THE REAL DEAL IN SMASH (Alongside Reimu)

At the moment he's pretty alright as is... ... But I really want the Mii to SCREAM Ezio. (Hence why I use the Pirate outfit. Sure, not the most accurate, but it's more ornate than the Altair outfit. I'll edit the Mii when the cowl drops so that it fits Ezio more...

Until then, I'll see what I can do to spread the word. I know some people who told me Ezio would not make it in because Assassin's Creed doesn't fit are eating Falco right now.

Sure, Fighters Pass 2 is already decided, but hey, spreading the word that Assassin's Creed is a right fit for the series is easier, but it's not enough. I'll continue to promote Assassin's Creed for Switch and hopefully that would also influence for Ubisoft to release Ezio Collection (Because thus far the only Assassin's Creed games on the Switch are the ones that were on the Wii U, Liberation, and Rogue.) so even if Ezio doesn't make it to Smash we still have Ezio on the go!

2. That version of Ezio's Family that was played during the trailer is a mystery. I can't find where they got that version of Ezio's Family from. It sounds like Assassin's Creed II's version, but it still seems distinctly different. Granted, my ears are messed up with an infection right now, but I think that the version we heard of Ezio's Family might be in fact a brand new remix of the theme.
I hate to be blunt here but I'm pretty sure that it was your ears. Because making a brand new remix for a small 12 second segment would honestly be weird.

BUT if that was the case, it'd be great if it was a clue. Then again, there are four themes including Ezio's Family thus far that have not been included while showcasing Mii Fighter costumes: Goemon's theme (Goemon), Beginning (Virtual Fighter, shown with Akira & Jacky), Ezio's Family, and Two Worlds Collide (Mario + Rabbids)

Here's hoping at least the themes they played will get added... But I'd rather have a full character....

Last edited:

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
I'll let other people decide. I've been told it sounds most like Assassin's Creed II's and Rogue's version of the song. I'll link them here so people can listen to the trailer and those two songs and tell me if my ears are just bad. But I think the song is a new remix legitimately. The vocals and the instruments sound slightly different. My guess is if it is a new remix, it might be coming later with an Assassin's Creed fighter since it won't be coming with the Altair costume.

I'm compiling research and other such things on Assassin's Creed. If it goes anywhere, I'll let people know.

Mii Trailer
Assassin's Creed 2 Ezio's Family
Assassin's Creed Rogue Ezio's Family

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
His final smash should be this.

Ezio rush and slash his enemies like Joker. It cuts to cutscene. Enemies that got slashed are in the cutscene. Ezio raises his fist and signal his fellow assassins/students to rain down arrows. Then, Ezio comes in and finishes with hiden blades.

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
One of the coolest Mofo's that came out of the last gen of gaming. I fully support all the way

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I support this. I've been getting into Assassin's Creed lately and I'm starting to get warmed up to the possibility of Ezio being a reality. I'm not sure what to think of Altair's Mii costume and how it could affect Ezio's chances, but if it doesn't happen then I'm glad we got some kind of representation. I just wish we got a music track alongside him. But I think Ezio has a solid chance, especially since Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft's moneymaker and Rayman is really his only competition from within the company.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'll let other people decide. I've been told it sounds most like Assassin's Creed II's and Rogue's version of the song. I'll link them here so people can listen to the trailer and those two songs and tell me if my ears are just bad. But I think the song is a new remix legitimately. The vocals and the instruments sound slightly different. My guess is if it is a new remix, it might be coming later with an Assassin's Creed fighter since it won't be coming with the Altair costume.

I'm compiling research and other such things on Assassin's Creed. If it goes anywhere, I'll let people know.

Mii Trailer
Assassin's Creed 2 Ezio's Family
Assassin's Creed Rogue Ezio's Family
Have we ever confirmed if it’s a remix yet? Also I apologize for a potentially sudden post here, but I also want to add my support for Ezio in the game. I never touched any AC games, but I like Ezio's character design a lot, from his aesthetics to his Hidden Blade. Also love some of the series' soundtrack songs.

I'm asking for confirmation because I genuinely think Ezio has a GOOD chance for being FP11. Ubisoft-Nintendo relations are good, and not to mention, just like what we saw with Kazuya, maybe the Altair outfit only deconfirms Altair himself and not the AC series as a whole.

Last edited:
Top Bottom