• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremly hard WoI footstool AT (viable?)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I was thinking about this today and thought of a way to put Pit's ability to 'cancel a footstool with the WoI' to use with edge gaurding. (weird sentence) This is very hard so I don't know if this is a viable technique. Skip the gray if you already know that info

Quirky Pit facts to introduce tech:
-Pit can Footstool directly from the WoI
-Using the WoI after a footstool stops all Upwards momentum. (also can be used for spring stalling)

But what if we do this:

1. Intercept the foe in the air over a ledge with a footstool
2. Use WoI to cancel the thrust from it
3. Follow them down
4. Do a second footstool from the WoI immediately after they recover from the first one
5. Use the thrust from the second footstool to grab the ledge

What this will do is chain two Footstools together which will kill them most likely. They will be forced to Up B after the second one which won't work because you are on the ledge

Possible Problems:

1. Since the thrust from the footstool decays the more you do it in a row, performing a second Footstool too low could make Pit unable to reach the ledge, therefore die.

2. I am not sure, but I think they can Up B faster than you can pull off a second footstool. If this is true, it could get complicated.
-It might hit Pit out of the WoI away from the stage and die
-Up B will leave them vulnerable (to whom it may apply) so you could try a third Footstool to get back on stage, inadvertently killing them with the Footstool

3. I think they will most likely jump, therefore accidentally or purposely Footstool you if you are not fast enough. You might be able to recover depending on how close you are to the ledge.

4. Footstool DI could make it hard to land the second Footstool. An experienced Pit with superior control in the WoI state should be able to adjust.

5. It is not likely, but they could purposely delay the time it takes them to get out of the Footstool which could make the second footstool hard to time. A solution to this would be to spam the jump button.

Hope:
I don't think their instinct will be to Up B because it will leave them vulnerable. They think they are in the defensive mode so chances of them attacking could be lower than normal.

I am planning on posting the same thing in the Ivysaur forums because it seems like he would have a better time using his Uair instead of the WoI. He would still have his second jump and Up B and can do it 4 times.

Does this seem viable at times?
Discuss

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yes, but it'd be hard to do. I suggest practicing it on a cpu or somethin before you try it in a real game. With practice, it'd be hard to not get a footstool kill after getting the first one off.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Only problem I find With this is... Can you WoI after the second footstool jump?

Cause twice I footstooled my friend (separate occasions) after I WoI'd, but then I couldn't WoI again, so I was just wondering if maybe he it me like right before.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ive actually did a double foot stool jump just with a fast fall without even wasting any of ur jump or your wings.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ive actually did a double foot stool jump just with a fast fall without even wasting any of ur jump or your wings.
But doesn't the force of the first footstool that shoots you up combined with the foe falling make it impossible to do another footstool without the WoI? If they wiggle the joystick hard, I think it wouldn't work

Only problem I find With this is... Can you WoI after the second footstool jump?

Cause twice I footstooled my friend (separate occasions) after I WoI'd, but then I couldn't WoI again, so I was just wondering if maybe he it me like right before.
Really unfortunately no. If you could get your WoI back after a Footstool, then I would have a much better use for this. One of my videos "WoI tricks" show me doing a double footstool on the ground. Imagine doing that double footstool all the way across the stage into a bair. But if only.....

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Personally, I wouldn't risk this unless I repeatedly find that absolutely nothing else works in a particular match.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Like you said in the OP, if you used this you would hope that the opponent won't up+B. But a Peach would. Her Up+B descends slowly. If you're hit with that during WoI, you'll both fall, only you'll be helpless and fall much faster than her. Against anyone else, it might me possible to DI so that you fall a little slower and they might die before you. I guess you could call it Piticide. Maybe Angelcide. Or perhaps Sun-flying, as a reference to the Icarus legend.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea lol like the names. I don't know how long it will be before someone uses this but I just thought I'd post it anyway for your thoughts.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Correct me if im wrong but isnt footstooling just taking a jump from your opponent? If you did that a normal char with 1 midair jump and up a would be forced to use their up b. In this case potentolly killing pit as hes decending for the second fs. I dont think it will work but tell me how it works out

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Footstooling is just using your opponent to boost yourself vertically, kinda like how Pit does to Mario in that one SSE clip where they're chasing the Ancient Minister. Kupo is basically saying you can gimp recovery near the ledge by footstooling your opponent and using WoI to cancel your footstool momentum so you can stay closer to the opponent and footstool them again.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Im completely aware of what footstooling is and what kupo is saying but in his description hes saying that after the first jump the person will jump. Im thought fs takes away a jump 4 you so normal people with 2 jumps will be forced to use their 3rd jump since the fs took their 2nd

Ryos4

Smash Lord
But doesn't the force of the first footstool that shoots you up combined with the foe falling make it impossible to do another footstool without the WoI? If they wiggle the joystick hard, I think it wouldn't work

Really unfortunately no. If you could get your WoI back after a Footstool, then I would have a much better use for this. One of my videos "WoI tricks" show me doing a double footstool on the ground. Imagine doing that double footstool all the way across the stage into a bair. But if only.....
Im not really sure what happened when i did it in a match before. But i do remember a double foot stool jump. Idk maybe he jumpped. But i doubt he had any left. It could have been because it was toon link and they fall rather slowly.

All i really remember that it was against a toon link. He was trying to return, i did one foot stool jump at about fd stage height. And then another one right above the edge of the bottom of the screen. Im pretty sure if he did jump as toon link he would have gone too high for me to do a second foot stool at such a low altitude in the short time frame that it did happen.

Top Bottom