• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremely Useful Inormation Regarding Grenades. Edit: And Nikita

Zjiin

Smash Master
Cooking the gernade then shielding for the counter is an amazing find. What caused it to not work? Man, I'm stoked about this, a make-shift counter-attack. Hats off.

HP
Yeah shield grenades are really useful. A good trick i get a lot of people with is to drop a granade, roll back, and then dash attack through it. You'll pick it up on the way to them, and you can just shield once you get there.

Race

Smash Lord
This might have been asked before but, just to make sure . .. Can you attack while holding a grenade? like any normal attack? thanks

zB.

Smash Cadet
I'm a huge fan of shield grenades, and they're awesome for territorial control (on top of the mines and all that). I do dislike that if your holding one and you get hit with a projectile it blows up in your face. This makes it kinda hard to cook them playing against anyone with a projectile.

The nikitas though, just... wow. Maybe I've only played against people who absolutely suck (very possible), but the guided missiles are absolutely amazing. The fact that they are a projectile shield is great for camping, and the fact that they can be dropped by canceling them or stalled with turning creates a ton of mindgame opportunities. When used right, the nikita can be an absolute pain to effectively avoid without your opponent totally going out of their way.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
This is one of the most interestingly useful things i've heard yet.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
About the nikita... We were playing last night and I fired a nikita at Lucario's fully charged blast. All it did was change the direction of the missle like you stated. the next hit however, caused the nikita to explode

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Q: Is dropping a nade different from tossing it? (when you say dropping a nade in shield, how exactly do you do that?).

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
One "projectile" the missile won't go through/around is pikmin.

When pikmin collide with the missile the missile explodes

(I am pretty sure about this, but by all means, someone test this to confirm?)

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace

Yea I've encountered that problem as well. Who would've thought a missile's biggest foil would be that...thing?

nike942

Smash Rookie
Nikta tricks are fun

The nade tip is super useful for mind games, heres another thing I've been doing with great success with Snake thus far.

The Nikta as you all know can be put away and canceled by shielding, this can be used to EXTREME advantage as the missile is still live whenever it hits something (the missile falls straight to the ground as the launcher is put away). As such, the Nikta can be even more useful for stage guarding than before, (Player or cancel it near the ledge)Jjust plain using cancels while the nikta rocket is floating around the air, along with C4, Usmash, Dsmash, and Nades, make for some great mix-ups.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Thats is so wrong..... so so wrong. I found out about that also a couple days ago and it is what I used against pit, sonic, pikachu players that were attack happy. O well nice find though.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
And yes the only thing that I have seen the nikita get destroyed by is pikmin but I'm pretty sure that the reason is because it's counting as another player or creature thus blowing it up. I'm also pretty sure it destroys the pikmin as well but they are pretty disposable anyway. My friend does this to me a lot.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
I love the Nikita. Cancelling it in mid flight is great for hitting enemies right below without turning it, and can also be used to set up a delay to fool around with people who expect it to hit at a certain moment, and only block for said moment. And if you fly it high enough, you can get your enemy to forget about it until it falls back at the most inoppurtune time for them.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Nikita kill on my bro's ROB today. He was trying to sweetspot the ledge on FD from below, I dropped the nikita and it staged spiked him :chuckle:

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice

Makes sense since Pikmin are technically alive. Any attack can hurt them when they're away from Olimer (it's how you get them off you).

Top Bottom