• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! PRoom gets a News Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The Pool Room has a current fad of people posting random news stories, and then gloating in the fact that people are replying to their magnificent copy+paste abilities. So I've decided to make a general thread for interesting news!

It can be funny, serious, awesome, disgusting, etc, just as long as it continues to comply with the SWF Global Rules. If you feel that your news story deserves its own thread, talk to Azua or me. We'll let you know. ;)

So without further ado, post away!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Xsyven's right, all those news article threads were pushing amazing threads like the 'what should I have for dinner?' thread off the first page and we can't have that now can we?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xsyven's right, all those news article threads were pushing amazing threads like the 'what should I have for dinner?' thread off the first page and we can't have that now can we?

Such a shame wasn't it.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Gotta agree with above posters. The main draw-in of news article threads were entertaining/interesting titles. Personally I wouldn't visit a thread full of these, but I don't know about the rest of the community. I'd be all for organization and whatnot, but I say threads would make much better discussions.

wtf people post so fast

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gotta agree with above posters. The main draw-in of news article threads were entertaining/interesting titles. Personally I wouldn't visit a thread full of these, but I don't know about the rest of the community. I'd be all for organization and whatnot, but I say threads would make much better discussions.

wtf people post so fast
Even in this style of organization it'd be more cluttered. Since many discussions of various articles would be going on. So yeah, it'd be hard to know what's going on.

Nah you just post rather slow.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I have to admit, I rarely ever check the YouTube/Video thread (though I rarely read those threads in the first place). But if news stories also become a single thread, I'll be likely to skip over it too, and I will never again read a news story in the PRoom. Also, what about giant or breaking news that deserves its own thread?! Having to contact a moderator for that?! You'd be taking away the liberties and rights of PRoomers everywhere by adding a level of bureaucracy!

I have to say "nay", but I would like to give you +50 Gold points for your innovative spirit Xsy!

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Innovative? Hiemie tried this before and it didn't work.

News stories tend to make up the core of general discussion sub-forums. What are you expecting?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Fine, I'll close this, but only if people start contributing to their own threads, and NOT just by copying and pasting.

You've been warned. :mad:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Looks like only Hiemie can get away with making threads like this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom