• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extended Jab Reset with Ness

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
If you jab reset with dtilt and cancel into another dtilt as quick as possible (like you normally would with a standing opponent), your opponent get knocked down and jab reset again. You can do this over and over again until they are out of reach and use it to control how far they are when they get up and rack up more damage before they get up like a normal jab reset. By making them get up farther away, you can do things like hit with the tip of the bat, YYG and attempt PK Fire more safely while still getting all the options you had before like grab, aerials, utilt, and running up to them for more dtilts (epic :troll:). Remember that while dtilt as very VERY little knockback growth, it does not have completely set knockback, so you will get different results depending on how high percentage your opponent is at.

I think PK fire can do this too, but I actually tested it yet.

EDIT: Changed the title to avoid confusion.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I just did that last night. Very useful. Theirs only five ness players in existence. Me, Jono, Mr.Jackpot, toasty, and standard toaster. they shouldn't ban this in tourneys.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
is this like jabbing with pikachu?
It's like Pikachu's jab, but what I'm talking about is a extended jab reset. I'm not sure if he has that.

I just did that last night. Very useful. Theirs only five ness players in existence. Me, Jono, Mr.Jackpot, toasty, and standard toaster. they shouldn't ban this in tourneys.
Why would they ban it? It's not like it goes on forever like that horrible smash game that's not Smash 64. When you run over and dtilt again after they're out of range, there's no escape but it's no longer a jab reset.

Rykard

Smash Ace
any move that has "jab reset qualities" works just like nesses downtilt and can be used until out of range just like pikachus jab as someone mentioned before. it's why luigi and many other characters can use the first two hits of their jab combo to get a little more damage on a jab reset because both have reset properties.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Yup, and most people don't know they're still being Jab Reset after 4-6 dtilts so it can really **** up their DI. So keep it a bit quiet.:coolmonke

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I posted this years ago and then mofo did. BJlkdjsalkjfa;lksjdflk;j I'm writing a Ness guide eventually so things are stop repeat sayings.

But yea it's pretty awesome. I find it somewhat hard to lead into though.

I'm pretty sure pk fire doesn't work with this. I don't think it hits quickly enough.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I guess that's what happens when stuff doesn't get archived. I'm sure that the PK fire projectile and the first pillar jab reset, but the rest of the attack does not.

Can I help out with that Ness guide? Just PM me a bit of what you have or something.

lol i gave up on posting this three times because of the 503's

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Did y'all not know about this? Do autocancel dair to dtilt on crouch cancelers like samus and peach. It locks them for a good 20%. They can't escape with inward sdi, and when they SDI out of range, it spaces a perfect tipper fsmash.
Mofo did this to me day 1 :/

Top Bottom