• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

expert SWDs just wondering..

Status
Not open for further replies.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
how long did it take you to be able to consistently do SWD (like 5 in a row and 1 miss then a few more in a row)?

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
really? i've seen footage of you and you're pretty awesome, i guess im not the only one then.

Smash Master
I'm not as good as the OP says the requirements to post here are, but it took about a week to get the timing down, and then another month to perfect the timing/apply it in battle. I can only hit it about 30% of the time, but I can do a follow up SWD about 70-80% of the time. My record is nine. Anyway, yorpy, it's easy to do one. Go to training mode, press down B, then dashdance in the bomb animation. You'll get one eventually.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
since the SWD occurs on frame 42.

you could be uber nerdy and set a metronome to 94bpm.

Beat 1: lay a bomb and begin holding control stick in a direction
Beat 2:flick control stick opposite way.
Beat 3: scream because you just did a SWD

it works

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
since the SWD occurs on frame 42.

you could be uber nerdy and set a metronome to 94bpm.

Beat 1: lay a bomb and begin holding control stick in a direction
Beat 2:flick control stick opposite way.
Beat 3: scream because you just did a SWD

it works
Well since there's 60 frames in a second, frame 42 would be 0.7 seconds, of which there would be 85.714285714285714285714285714286 in one minute, so 94 bpm would be too fast...

Does Wes post here by any chance?
Yeah, his name is DAlegendarysamus, and he like most any Samus can be found in the Samus Locator.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Does Wes post here by any chance?
Dispite what Phanna said, he seems to lack posting in the Samus section to help people, but you can AIM him when he is on (Like 5 minutes a week if your luckly).

Anyway to answer the question, I took about 2 hours a night for about 2 nights practicing, then spammed it in friendlies to practice more, and now I don't practice it at all, but can pull it off pretty consistantly.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I've been praticing recently aswell, I get them about 2 out of 5 times now.

Darr06

Smash Cadet
the most i've ever done in a row is five...but i can only get them in about 1 out of four tries. sometimes i cant even seem to get 1 in. and even though i can do it, i havnt gotten to the point where i can do it successfully do it in the middle of a match.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
i got it 7x against a bowser level 9, but that was lucky.

just practice it in training mode, and do it as much as u can in matches. if u mess up, wd into it and, bomb jump and do another bomb game :D. but dont take swd to seriously, it isnt that useful.

Darr06

Smash Cadet
well, it can be usefull if ur good at it. phanna does the swd all the time and its not cool when im fighting u and suddenly u seem to teleport all the way across the field and ur right behind me......

Mars-

Smash Champion
Yeah it takes a long amount of practice to learn, but once you got it, you don't loose it.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
i've had 4x in a row. just about 15 min ago actually :)
but i'm not that great a samus player. i just have fun playing with her.

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
Well, it took me a very long time. I used to stare at the t.v. trying to do 10 super wave dashes in a row, but I could never really do it consistently. Finally I got the hang of it...you just need to work on your timing.

Smash Master
I got a new controller and now I can't do them anymore. I guess I gotta go practice again. Friggin' Super wavedash

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It took me about a month of randomly using them in friendlys before I could SWD at least 80%

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
...............double poster.........
Useless post/spammer =P

Anyway, Manacloud uses SWD and the extended grapple in matches. He's really consistent and good at it and it tricks people out like mad. I saw him use the grapple like 4 times in a row against ChuDat and it worked.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
SWD'ing in itself isn't useful, but learning to mindgame with it and to smash while moving is a very sexy thing to do, especially if you have it in reserve for when you really need it. However, obviously the key to mindgaming with it is being able to do it relatively consistently. It took me a few days of serious practice to be able to do it somewhat reliably, but it all depends on how fast your own muscle memory remembers the movement and its timing, so it differs from person to person. Just keep it up as much as you can tolerate and it'll come sooner or later. Also, don't psyche yourself out and try to spam bombs until you get one. Take it nice and slow so that your muscles learn the difference between the timings, and if you can, try to find the frame by frame videos of SWDing(I forgot where I found them :( ) so that you can see when you actually are *supposed* to do the movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom