• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Expecting another character? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!" (Thread Repurposed as a Waluigi Social)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
This is honestly really cool!
I hadn't thought of him literally just shouting WAAAH!! for an attack. but I love it. also hadn't heard of the Whisker Missile before
little dissapointed that things like WALL-Luigi and some of his other random super move powers from the sports games aren't in (besides the air swimming) but it's still silly and perfectly fits Waluigi. good job!
I also like working in costumes based on older/obscure characters like Foreman Spike and Stanley.
If he gets in and his moveset is anything like this, I'd be happy.
I didn't want to make him too weird. I know things like Wall-Luigi and the thory vines are in the games, but they've always seemed so... "unnatural" to me, for lack of a better term.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Since I haven't seen as much talk of it, what do people think of him being the 'dirty fighter' or 'street brawl' mind of person (obviously with other traits too).

Think like Cody's moveset in Street Fighter 4, picking up and throwing rocks, using a lead pipe (or a classic 2x4 plank). I think a lot of people are using kicks just because of his long legs when I feel like he could be more characterful by doing those 'dirty moves'.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Since I haven't seen as much talk of it, what do people think of him being the 'dirty fighter' or 'street brawl' mind of person (obviously with other traits too).

Think like Cody's moveset in Street Fighter 4, picking up and throwing rocks, using a lead pipe (or a classic 2x4 plank). I think a lot of people are using kicks just because of his long legs when I feel like he could be more characterful by doing those 'dirty moves'.
I think a mix of a cheating dirty fighter moveset mixed with a mario sports/spin off moveset would be the best

For example if he has a move that he hits tennis balls at his opponents there’s a chance he takes out a bob-omb instead.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I think a mix of a cheating dirty fighter moveset mixed with a mario sports/spin off moveset would be the best

For example if he has a move that he hits tennis balls at his opponents there’s a chance he takes out a bob-omb instead.
I agree with the 'sports/spinoffs' angle definitely. I was just saying that I see a lot of moveset ideas that have a lot of the basic tilts or aerials employ basic kicks instead of taking advantage of his attitude. I don't think cheating is an element like 'sports' that relies on smashes, throws and specials to be fully implemented. Some move sets use 'cheating' as it's own move instead of incorporating cheating into his sports moves and his regular strikes.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I didn't want to make him too weird. I know things like Wall-Luigi and the thory vines are in the games, but they've always seemed so... "unnatural" to me, for lack of a better term.
That's fair. my personal opinion is that his moves being weird and unnatural is half the charm of Waluigi, but I can see why that's not for everyone.

it's a bit of an odd choice, and maybe a bit too ... real? for a colorful denizen of the mushroom kingdom to be throwing rocks and hitting people with 2X4s. but I could see Waluigi doing stuff like that.

I'd also be up for a moveset built entirely around him dancing since DDR mario mix had him as the main villain. and he often dances around in his victory poses in sports games.
just as long as his ENTIRE moveset isn't TENNIS RACKET, GOLF CLUB, FOOT BALL, HOCKEY STICK, etc and he does things besides brandishing sporting equipment. YES Waluigi is for the most part representative of the sports series but you can do more with him than just that.

Hopefully if Waluigi DOES get to be in Smash, he's more effective a fighter than he is a platformer
(I know this is him failing and doesn't really fit in his SUPPORT thread, but i felt like sharing it.)

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Maybe it’s been discussed before but I think it would be great if liked wario/mario Waluigi has some moves similar to Luigi but greatly exaggerated. For example his dash attack he flails his arms even wilder than Luigi and ends with a kick and his forward air instead of a karate chop he uses his entires arms and slams it forward.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm strongly against it.

I understand where you are coming from with that. And I respect your opinion.
For Waluigi, the more sporty and mischievious he gets, the better.
He is our ticket to the Mario Spin-Off series, and he is even represented in Smash with the Racket. This is sort of the way I want Waluigi to take more shape in as a playable.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Waluigi is my favorite Mario character, so seeing him in the game would be cool. He could represent the Mario Sports games with his moveset. And then we could get the Mario x Luigi x Wario x Waluigi match-up that we all want to see.

Morbi

Scavenger

Ooh, yeah, I love that. He could take under below the belt shots, eye pokes, hit people while they have their re-spawn invincibility.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I'm strongly against it.

I understand where you are coming from with that. And I respect your opinion.
For Waluigi, the more sporty and mischievious he gets, the better.
He is our ticket to the Mario Spin-Off series, and he is even represented in Smash with the Racket. This is sort of the way I want Waluigi to take more shape in as a playable.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The Nintendo Treehouse put this very important picture on their Tumblr today

uh, discuss?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Nintendo Treehouse put this very important picture on their Tumblr today

uh, discuss?
Clearly this is a sign that he's gonna be in Smash. Take note of his gloves, for they are representative of Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Note how his right hand is much more professional, holding the racket firmly, while his left hand is rocking out, indicative of Crazy's more off the wall nature.

It's basic science.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Clearly this is a sign that he's gonna be in Smash. Take note of his gloves, for they are representative of Master Hand and Crazy Hand. Note how his right hand is much more professional, holding the racket firmly, while his left hand is rocking out, indicative of Crazy's more off the wall nature.

It's basic science.
But that's just a theory...

A GAME THEROY

StormC

Smash Hero
Go ahead and add me to the support list. I like Waluigi a lot, but wish he got a role in a major game. Still, he’s my most wanted Mario character.

PhantomZkullX79

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhantomZkullX79
3DS FC
2251-6588-1189
Please let me know what you think.

Neutral B - Bob-omb Toss - Takes out a Bob-omb and throws it. Before throwing it, the angle at which it is thrown can be changed. However, holding it for too long will make the Bob-omb explode, hurting Waluigi.

Side B - Sporty Switch - Waluigi switches between a tennis racket, a golf club/hockey stick (no difference between the 2), a baseball bat, a football/soccer ball (Like the one in Mario Strikers Charged. Like the ball in that game, it becomes stronger with every kick, and weaker when it isn't being kicked), and various balls made for throwing (Volleyball, dodgeball etc.), or nothing at all. This affects various moves.

Up B - Swimming Return/Twist Dunk - Waluigi swims through the air briefly. This move is better travelling horizontally than travelling vertically, and when holding a tennis racket, Waluigi follows up by hitting a ball at anyone in front of him. When wielding a basketball, Swimming Return becomes Twist Dunk. This move is better moving vertically than horizontally and is followed up by him slam dunking his basketball on any opponents beneath him.

Down B - Stomp - Waluigi repeatedly stomps on an opponent, which spikes in midair. When wielding a tennis racket, baseball bat or golf club/hockey stick, he follows it up with a powerful swing, with the tennis racket being quick and weak with short range, the golf club/hockey stick being the longest in range, dealing an average amount of damage and slower than the tennis racket, and the baseball bat, which is strong, but is slow and has medium range.

Final Smash - Bob-omb Bonanza - Waluigi starts by jumping offscreen, then returns wearing the 4-armed machine from Mario Sports Mix. He then starts throwing Bob-ombs onto the stage below him. He may sometimes throw an eggplant/aubergine that breaks shields and inverts the controls of those hit by it, and, depending on the Sporty Switch item he is currently using, he may even throw/kick a ball at the enemy or hit a ball at them. At the end of the Final Smash, he throws a large Bob-omb below him, which has twice the range of a normal Bob-omb. Afterwards, Waluigi goes back into the stage without his 4-armed device.

Up Smash - Waluigi does a single kick upwards, like Ganondorf's Up Smash, but weaker. He follows this up by doing a more powerful kick with his other leg that causes Waluigi to do a backflip. After performing this attack, Waluigi falls over. When wielding a football/soccer ball, he kicks that as well, providing him with extra range and a bit of extra damage.

Up tilt - Waluigi does a kick similar to Falcon and Ganondorf's up tilt, which buries opponents.

Side Smash - This attack depends entirely on what his Sporty Switch item currently is. If it is a tennis racket, golf club/hockey stick or baseball bat, he hits the opponent with it. (Don't think I need to go over the differences). If it's a football/soccer ball, he kicks the ball straight at the enemy. He may miss on a rare occasions, but the kick will be as strong as the ball. If it's a ball he can throw, he will lean back and throw it at an enemy. As weak as this one may be, it does have a good amount of knockback. If he has no Sporty Switch item, he does a drop kick instead.

Side tilt - Waluigi pulls out a potted piranha plant and lets it bite at the enemy. When using a tennis racket, golf club/hockey stick or baseball bat, he hits a ball towards his enemies instead, which can sometimes be replaced by a Bob-omb, Mr. Saturn or an eggplant/aubergine.

Down Smash - Waluigi stomps the ground once. This can either bury opponents or launch them a small distance into the air. If he is wielding a basketball, he instead jumps and slam dunks the ball into the ground in front of him, burying opponents. If it's any other ball he can throw, he spikes it into the ground in front of him, burying those that it hits. If it is a football/soccer ball, Waluigi simply kicks the ball under the opponent's legs, tripping them over.

Down tilt - Waluigi does a quick spinning kick that trips opponents over.

Neutral aerial - Waluigi spins around whilst bending his body to resemble the symbol on his hat. Due to the mini tornado around him, enemies and items are drawn towards him whilst performing the attack, and those hit are turned around. They are then pushed away when it ends. In addition, his falling speed briefly slows down. When using a tennis racket, he can hit a ball in front or behind him when the player tries to do a forward aerial or back aerial during the attack. This move is identical to Waluigi's Whirluigi ability.

Forward aerial - Waluigi does a single chop, like Luigi's forward aerial, but with a bit more range. When using a ball he can throw, he throws the ball instead.

Back aerial - Waluigi does a weak drop kick. Using a football/soccer ball increases the range.

Up aerial - Waluigi kicks upwards with both legs. Having a football/soccer ball equipped gives extra range.

Down aerial - Waluigi spins and quickly drills his way downwards, which can spike anyone below him. Like his neutral aerial, this draws in enemies and items, but does not turn enemies around or slow his fall. Instead, he goes straight down.

Floor attack - Does a kick similar to Mario and Luigi's down smash, which trips over enemies.

Edge attack - Slides onto the stage, tripping over anyone in his way. Does very little damage.

Jabs - When equipped with nothing, the first jab is a punch, the next is another punch, and the third one is a flurry of kicks, which finishes with a kick that launches the opponent. He simply attacks the opponent with his Sporty Switch item otherwise.

Dash - Waluigi creates a trail of thorns behind him whilst running twice as fast, which damages foes and creates a temporary platform for Waluigi. They only last a few seconds. Holding down the attack button creates more thorns.

Grab attack - Waluigi hits the enemy with his knee.

Forward throw - Waluigi either kicks the enemy away, throws them, or hits them with a tennis racket, baseball bat or golf club/hockey stick, depending on his Sporty Switch item.

Back throw - Waluigi kicks the enemy in their groin and flings them behind him with his leg.

Up throw - Waluigi either kicks or throws the enemy upwards, depending on his Sporty Switch item, and then throws a Bob-omb up with them.

Down throw - Waluigi stomps the enemy into the ground, then either hits them with a tennis racket, baseball bat or golf club/hockey stick or kicks them away, depending on his Sporty Switch item.

Intro option 1 - Rides a Bullet Bill onto the stage, then kicks it away.

Intro option 2 - Rides a kart onto the stage, then exits it.

Idle 1 - Grooms his moustache.

Idle 2 - Leans towards the enemy and does a "throat slice".

Taunt 1 - Does a short dance, then poses. His pose depends on his Sporty Switch item, and there are 3 for each.

Taunt 2 - Does his signature laugh, then insults his enemy. The insult is completely random.

Taunt 3 - Juggles a Bob-omb and an eggplant/aubergine, but drops them both. Enemies standing too close by will get hit by them.

Victory animation 1 - Waluigi does his Albatross animation from Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Victory animation 2 - Waluigi pulls out a red rose and laughs.

Victory animation 3 - Waluigi drives around in a kart, holding a Bob-omb, but crashes the kart and causes the Bob-omb to detonate offscreen. He is blasted back onscreen and lands on his back, then sits up.

Well, there you have it.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

I run a thread called Convince Me!

Every few days a character gets featured and has a chance to be pitched to the general forum as a fighter for Smash Bros Switch. It's less about how good their chances are, and more about getting people excited for what a character could bring to the table, either moveset, history, or uniqueness-wise.

Just added Waluigi as the newest featured character, so I thought I'd pop in and let you guys know in case anyone has thoughts on him to post them in the thread.

You can find the thread here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/convince-me-april-19-waluigi.453937/

Add me to the list, as soon as possible.

Waluigi is amongst my most wanted characters for Smash Switch and it's disgusting he hasn't been added yet. Why no love for the Wah?

(Hopefully, Sakurai can stop hating on him and make our dreams come true for Smash 5)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Matt did it again.
What song will Waluigi cover next? :p

Nakamura

Smash Cadet
Specials concept

Neutral B- Waluigi Stomp:
Similar to DKs Neutral B, Waluigi charges up a stomp that repeats 5 times uplon release, that the more you charge it the more damage it does, a fully charged Stomp does about 30% damage, 5% for each stomp

Side B- Tennis Racket:
Waluigi hits his opponent with a tennis racket it is very short range however has a decent damage output of 10% with a direct hit

Up B- Party Block
Waluigi plants a Mario Part Block above him, he can then jump below it to activate its effect, it is similar to Mr. Game and Watches Side B Hammer, the higher the number the more damage it does, the opponent must be touching it to feel the effect a 10 instantly knocks them off the map

Down B:Bomb-Omb
An Item based moved similar to Link, he can throw it though like the item in SSB 4 it moves around for a bit and can damage anything it comes into contact too, even Waluigi.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Matt did it again, this time with Les MiserWAAbles.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I think Waluigi would a pretty fun character. If every bit of his personality gets some time to shine in his attacks or animations he'd definitely be an entertaining character to play as.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
YES!! Waluigi is number one most wanted Mario character. I, without a doubt, support this!!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
To Be Honest Waluigi has the most personality out of all the Mario characters. Though I Would like to see his move set reflect that and Not reflect Too much on his spin-off appearances, even though that basically HIS genera. We should replace Mario with Waluigi in the titles.

D

Deleted member

I've been rather slacking on the front post due to the semester, but I'm almost finished, so I'll be able to finally update the front post with more than just adding supporters and movesets and other stuff (which I also need to catch up on :V) within the next couple of weeks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been rather slacking on the front post due to the semester, but I'm almost finished, so I'll be able to finally update the front post with more than just adding supporters and movesets and other stuff (which I also need to catch up on :V) within the next couple of weeks.
That's waanderful news.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Honestly, I hope the „dark“ versions of the Wario-Bros. do not substract anything from their personality...

I need my whiny, ever so unlucky duo to express themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom