• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Expecting another character? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!" (Thread Repurposed as a Waluigi Social)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Call me crazy, but I think Waluigi in Smash 5 could potentially be revealed at E3.

Think about it. Mario Tennis Aces will most likely be at E3, near the end of it, with one last trailer. Smash 5 will probably be at the end of the E3, as a sort of "the moment you all have been waiting for" thing. Imagine a Waluigi reveal trailer, making it essentially a part of the Aces part of the presentation, that segways to Smash 5. It's perfect.
I can see it now: Mario Tennis doubles going on, Mario and Luigi vs Wario and Waluigi. At some point Luigi blasts the ball into Waluigi's racket, destroying it. Waluigi looks at his broken racket, fuming with rage, steam coming out of his ears and everything. He finally glares at Luigi and screams "CHEATER!" He then proceeds to jump over the net and kicks Luigi into the sky. Mario attempts to counterattack but Wario comes in and snuffs out his approach with a shoulder bash. Wario lets out a menacing, hehaha! Luigi finally lands back down near Mario, both recovering from their attacks.
The camera centers on Waluigi, standing next to his partner Wario, folding his arms while looking down at the Bros shaking his head.
"Wahaha...losers."

Newcomer splash appears:
Waluigi time is now!

The gameplay commences revealing footage of the Mario Tennis Aces court as a playable stage with the Mario Bros Rivals going at it in a 2v2 doubles match. Various gameplay of Waluigi rekking everyone is obligatorily shown. At one point he KOs Luigi, and then taunts with his patented Crotch Chop.

It ends with Waluigi unleashing his Final Smash: Waluigi Time

When he activates it he shouts: "IT'S-A WALUIGI TIME!" while doing a disco spin and pointing to the air. The stage is now a dance floor, and there is groovy music and and disco lights all around. All who are on the dance floor DANCE. Nobody can stop Waluigi when it's Waluigi Time. He is shown moonwalking around the dance floor and launching people with powerful dance moves."

/endtrailer

Okay I had way too much fun with that...

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
You know what, I'm curious. What do you guys think Waluigi's game should be about?

Personally, I'm thinking something like a kid friendly Hitman, where Waluigi pranks people with elaborate schemes and weird gadgets

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
You know what, I'm curious. What do you guys think Waluigi's game should be about?

Personally, I'm thinking something like a kid friendly Hitman, where Waluigi pranks people with elaborate schemes.
I've been wanting a game where the Wario Bros. go out and try to commit various scams, pranks, and other borderline illegal acts for money and have to avoid the police in a goofy and child-friendly parody of GTA.

TheSoldier

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0559-7730

One Day More until E3 and Waluigi (hopefully) getting announced as a newcomer for smash switch!

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44

Honestly, I don't think the pic of the day quote should me treated as official as the reasoning for villager not being in brawl. I'm pretty sure it was more of a in-character jab at waluigi, since most of his trophies mention him being a hardworker.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511

Honestly, I don't think the pic of the day quote should me treated as official as the reasoning for villager not being in brawl. I'm pretty sure it was more of a in-character jab at waluigi, since most of his trophies mention him being a hardworker.
wow I lost hope for a Waluigi RTC but here it is right before E3 ahaha

I too think that pic of the day phrase isn't this big of a deal (Sakurai also said in a POTD that size didn't matter in smash but then he said Ridley was too big), but still I think he has some serious competition with Toad and Geno (just like in Sm4sh he had to compete against the more popular Bowser Jr and Rosalina).

But I really hope he's playable this time around, he represents Mario's spinoff and he'd be so cool to play as, but you already know this ahah
One last thing, I don't think he will revealed at E3 even if he's playable. But if he's not I'm sure we'll see him as an AT.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Daisy is in but not Waluigi.

How is that not an insult exactly?

D

Deleted member

While I'm still excited for the game, it's a shame that Waluigi probably won't be playable.
RIP

D

Deleted member

RIP the dream....once again

sadwaa.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Don't be petty man
It's a little harsh yeah. And it does ignore the fact that Daisy proly took like 2 minutes to develop since she's an "Echo" fighter. So maybe she was just an easy "bonus" character. I can understand that.

But as a standalone character choice, and gauging fan's desires, it's an insult to put her in over Waluigi. I am very confident Daisy doesn't even get HALF as many requests as Waluigi. I would be more accurate if she wasn't a clone, but since she's a clone, I have less of a point. I know.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Welp, the dream is dead...AGAIN.

I think it's safe Sakurai doesn't like Waluigi or thinks he worthy of playability.

Guess there's Smash 6 for 2024 I suppose.....

This was my only disappointment keep in mind, everything else had me hyped.

PhantomZkullX79

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhantomZkullX79
3DS FC
2251-6588-1189
The dream is not dead. We can avenge him
How to avenge God/Waluigi.

Step 1: Fight Ridley
Step 2: Beat Ridley. If you fail, do not give up.
Step 3: Assert your dominance on the shrunken pterodactyl.
Bonus step 4: Do it all as Wario

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Now that Ridley is playable (YESSSSSS) Waluigi is my most wanted, but I guess I'll have to wait...
But I called it, if he was not playable he would be shown right away… unfortunately he's the face of the ATs.
It was strange to see Daisy get in before him ahah, but I can dig the echo fighters (it actually reminds me of a certain idea of mine for clones)

also:
Cattura.JPG

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rest in peace my beautiful purple friend.

Still super hyped for the game though.

TheSoldier

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0559-7730
I think Nintendo did a MAJOR kick in Waluigi fan crotches by specifically showing him as an assist trophy, plus showing Daisy as an 'Echo' fighter (Clone).

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Fellas, I just thought of something. It's a long shot, but it might be worth noting.

Back when it was shown that you could KO Assist Trophies, they demonstrated that with Waluigi and only Waluigi. Not Shadow, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, No, just with Waluigi.

Maybe it's just me in denial, but what if Sakurai is just being the famous troll he is and baiting us, and will add Waluigi to a future Smash Direct.

I admit it's a long shot, and that I'm probably looking too deep into this and grasping straws, but hey, I'll take anything at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fellas, I just thought of something. It's a long shot, but it might be worth noting.

Back when it was shown that you could KO Assist Trophies, they demonstrated that with Waluigi and only Waluigi. Not Shadow, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, No, just with Waluigi.

Maybe it's just me in denial, but what if Sakurai is just being the famous troll he is and baiting us, and will add Waluigi to a future Smash Direct.

I admit it's a long shot, and that I'm probably looking too deep into this and grasping straws, but hey, I'll take anything at this point.
It's time to let go, friend.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Just a reminder; going onto a thread to gloat about the character being disconfirmed will not be tolerated. That is all.
Expecting Waluigi? Too bad, Daisy time.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Waluigi assist trophy confirmed.... things are looking bleak... there's still a chance that they'll add him in and delete his assist trophy data but, chances are it ain't going to happen.

well that sucks. One of the first reveals. . .again

No more competition though for spi off character or purple lanky character with daisy and ridley in. Time for waluigi to be the next mega-meme character and make them a shoo-in for the next smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Posting in a thread just to gloat about a character being disconfirmed will be treated as trolling. Infractions/Warnings will be handed out and this behavior will not be tolerated.

Now getting back on-topic, I'm sad he got disconfirmed. I really wanted to play as him.

HYP

Smash Rookie
NNID
hypster0628
Switch FC
SW-1631-9283-6619
Imo I'll take Ridley and Wolf back over Waluigi

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
So, Waluigi is an Assist Trophy again, huh?

*Sigh* It's a darn shame that Waluigi got denied a third time... At least there's still next time, guys.

D

Deleted member

why even live
Let's not go that far... 0_o
Yeah, it's a sad moment, but it shouldn't be something that leads to THAT route.

Rather lets try to look at the positives.....like how Waluigi has an excellent track record as an Assist, which some can't claim. And even if only for brief moments, it can be Waluigi Time in Smash at any time. :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And hey, if anything...less competition for next time. :p

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I didn't support the guy but I'm sorry y'all lost the character you wanted. Hopefully you'll get your shot next game. Ridley proved there's always hope.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ouch! :nervous:

Daisy got in Smash over Waluigi. :eek:

Well, you can always summon Waluigi and have him stomp Daisy. :evil:

At least Toad can finally kick ass instead of being a helpless meat shield. That's something, I guess. :dizzy:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say that although Waluigi is deconfirmed, now is not the time to accept defeat. Now, more than ever, Waluigi fans NEED to vocalize just how much they want this character in. There is still the possibility of Waluigi being changed into a playable fighter via development/DLC depending on a few things of course(whether or not Nintendo even does character DLC). We will have to wait and see what Sakurai does, but let's CLAMOR for Waluigi until Sakurai finally shuts the lights on Ultimate. Not expecting "too many more characters" is in a sense ambiguous, because this may refer to the base roster only. It could be a tactful omission of possible DLC fighters, but we will see. Let's make it our job to make sure Sakurai knows fans STILL want Waluigi, just like Ridley fans did.

All I know is that I won't accept it until game development ceases. The same way Sakurai changed his mind about Ridley(or just put him in simply for the fan outcry regardless of his personal views), is similarly how Waluigi can make it into Smash. If Nintendo, Sakurai, or both don't view Waluigi as a legitimate character [for Smash], then it is up to US to change it. Waluigi will stay an Assist Trophy if we are silent and accept it. So let's not, let's make it trend. Let's make it the #1 complaint Sakurai hears for Smash Ultimate over and over again. Let's cause a bigger outcry than Bayonetta balance changes. Make it a hashtag on twitter, do everything you can. In fact, I'm going to make a Twitter just to tweet about this to just by chance influence Sakurai/Nintendo enough to change Waluigi's status in SSBU. #MakeWaluigiPlayable sounds good enough to me.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not calling him dead yet! The pressure from "fans across the ocean" got the ever-unlikely Ridley to become playable, this should be a cinch! Show those cheaters what time it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom