• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EWU Smash Club - Brawl & Melee 1v1/2v2 - (rules and date pending) - Cheney WA

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
so..
I was thinking, if this were to be an epic tournament, we should have an epic size television. (for the finals to be on, and all the good matches before hand.)
Any ideas?
I'd maybe allow use of my TV, but it'd require transportation (minivan or something). And of course, death to anyone who harms it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Since my partner officially can't make it, I need a partner for the tourney. Anyone willing/desperate enough? :)

Also, I look forward to playing against Eggz. I know I will die horribly, but I will learn from it :) Save me a match please!

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
good idea. but big tv + stairs =/
there's an elevator 4 feet from the tv lounge.

so we'll have plenty of copies of brawl, but will they all have 100% unlocked?
as far as i know, only caleb, myself, and nick have 100% done.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
there's an elevator 4 feet from the tv lounge.

so we'll have plenty of copies of brawl, but will they all have 100% unlocked?
as far as i know, only caleb, myself, and nick have 100% done.
Can you copy savegames around?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Can you copy savegames around?
nope.
unless there's some way to do it with the gamecube homebrew software out there to put it on gc memory cards, and back onto the system memory. but i doubt that exists.
any ideas?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Can't you use a flash card to transfer saves? It is the same thing that would be in a digital camera.

Question for Brdy, there is going to be VCR's hooked up to every TV to record, correct? Cause I have a spare VCR I can bring if there might be a shortage.

brdy_

Smash Lord
ATTN: Everyone with Brawl who doesn't have things unlocked.

Do Adam's trick of unlocking things:
Stamina Mode
1 HP
Poison flower
Hyper speed melee

Hit start over and over, when the controller/remote vibrates that means a char is unlocking and you have to fight them

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
nope.
unless there's some way to do it with the gamecube homebrew software out there to put it on gc memory cards, and back onto the system memory. but i doubt that exists.
any ideas?
You sure? On my Wii I have no problem copying savegames from Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda to an SD card and moving them to another Wii.

The only game I've ever had trouble copying the savegame data of was Guitar Hero 3. It blocks you from copying it somehow.

Unless there's something odd about the game being a Japanese import, I'd think you could copy it to an SD card from the Wii save management menu.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
You sure? On my Wii I have no problem copying savegames from Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda to an SD card and moving them to another Wii.

The only game I've ever had trouble copying the savegame data of was Guitar Hero 3. It blocks you from copying it somehow.

Unless there's something odd about the game being a Japanese import, I'd think you could copy it to an SD card from the Wii save management menu.
doesn't work. we've tried.
certain games just don't allow it.

if everyone does that trick, they could being watching tv for a couple hours and they'll have everyone unlocked. big rumble is your victory screen, press start twice, little rumble is when you hit start on the character select screen.
if you notice you're not rumbling, you unlocked a stage, music, or a character.

brdy_

Smash Lord
IMPORTANT:

ROOM CHANGE

The tournament will now be held in PUB 357.
This is a conference room (kinda small, but enough room to fit 5 or so TVs) on the third floor of the Pence Union Building, right next to the Computer Lab (my place of employment).

So far we have:

TVs: brdy, icraq?, Kamaji, Ashtten, ? we need 1 more maybe
Wiis + Brawl: brdy, icraq, Kamaji, NOALink, Caleb

Set up will be at noon on Saturday, whoever wants to come help me move tables around in a good order is welcome. The room is supposed to fit "about 20" but I figure it will work for our tourney.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
sooooo... I have to work that day... I might end up calling in, but if I go to work pat will bring my wii/tv.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I think me and Jamie are still coming, and if its just us, I'm gonna team with him. He is driver and all, and mentioned wanting to team with me once.

Jem.

Smash Master
Okay, things have now changed.
1. Me and my friend Bandit (Mike, 5th on my top friends on myspace.com/supahjem holla) are coming and teaming.
2. Shane and Jamie are probably teaming?

Just for an update.

Jem.

Smash Master
Silly being the 1 other person.

Another Update: I now have no partner, my friend isn't coming. Brady, do you still need a teammate? If you have one, who wants to team with me.. I'll go Falco/Wolf/Marth? I've never gotten to play Wolf yet though.

Jem.

Smash Master
Brady Shane is teaming with jamie, lolz.
He's already told me a couple times.

What, you think we can't take out Jamie and Shane or somethin'?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
everybody shall fear the power of the ashcraq.
we invented bags, and also invented having things inside of them, mr snake and watch.

oh, plus, we invented winning.
and finally, we invented invention.

Jaydo

Smash Rookie
In a few hours I'll be heading over to Cheney with a carfull of my friends. I'm excited and looking forward to playing with you guys. This is gonna be a good weekend.

I am also bringing my Wii and Brawl for sure, so I hope you guys managed to snag enough TVs.

These tourneys are gonna fly by with so many machines being played.

Top Bottom