• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Donation Update! Great news for Smash!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
[rightw][/rightw]After a week since the announcement of the EVO donation drive, the contributions for each game reaching for the 8th game slot has been released!

1. MLP, Fighting is Magic: $3,519.50
  2. Super Smash Bros. Melee: $1,404.32
  3. Skullgirls: $814.22
  4. Guilty Gear XX, Accent Core Plus : $767.90
  5. Soul Calibur V: $387.41
  6. Divekick: $343.95
  7. Dead or Alive 5: $202.69
  8. Blazblue: $200.00
  9. Virtua Fighter 5: $191.00
  10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl: $155.00

The Bad News: Brawl isn't getting much love and MLP, Fighting is Magic has a dominating charity lead.

The Good News: The 2nd place game (behind My Little Pony) will still take the 8th EVO game spot due to uncertainties of the development behind MLP. Also, hooray for charity!

]

MLP will STILL receive an amateur bracket exhibition!
Don't cry!

So as it stands Super Smash Bros. Melee is in the lead and set to take the 8th slot for EVO 2013!

But it doesn't end here! The deadline is still weeks away and any game can still come out in front. For those of you worried about not seeing updated monetary amounts, ease your minds. Winning this donation drive is the best chance for putting Smash back into the EVO line-up!

So donate!

To make donations on behalf of Super Smash Bros. Melee: visit here.
To make donations on behalf of Super Smash Bros. Brawl: visit here.

Keep up the great work!

Content Contributor: Hylian
Source: http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/13/evo-2013-donation-drive-standings-and-rule-update/

Shikenshu

Smash Cadet
As of 9am today, the donations are: (1st mlp with 3000+$)

2: Melee: 1764.32
3: DoA: 1202.69
4: SkullGirls: 1121.22
5: Guilty Gear: 937.90

All the other games are under 500$

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
So you mean to tell me that I donated ~75% of what's in Brawl right now?

Great job, guys, keep up the great work.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
So you mean to tell me that I donated ~75% of what's in Brawl right now?

Great job, guys, keep up the great work.
I think the brawl community is accepting that melee is the one that's taking it.

Honestly the brawl community should just donate for melee, atleast you'll be supporting getting a smash game in evo.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I think the brawl community is accepting that melee is the one that's taking it.

Honestly the brawl community should just donate for melee, atleast you'll be supporting getting a smash game in evo.
Why not try, at least?

And, sure, Smash be getting into EVO, but I want people to see that Brawl isn't just MK ditto's camping 'till time runs out. Also I think that if Melee makes it in, Smash 4 won't have much of a chance because the Melee community would just disown it.

BSP

Smash Legend

Welp, I ate my own words.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol, why is anyone paying to have a spot at Evo anyway? Last time Smash was there all people did was complain. All that money could have been put as a pot bonus for a Smash national. This is such a waste. A measly 1500 from broke gamers isn't going to cure breast cancer.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Lol, why is anyone paying to have a spot at Evo anyway? Last time Smash was there all people did was complain. All that money could have been put as a pot bonus for a Smash national. This is such a waste. A measly 1500 from broke gamers isn't going to cure breast cancer.
^This.

I love Melee, I really do. But I don't want it at Evo at all. I mean how come a game that isn't in EVO in first place, got over double the votes of all of the other games (except KOF13) in the voting, and still needs to donate to appear in EVO? Yeah, nah, f*** them. Like the above said, just use this money for a national tourney pot. I know it's a charitable cause, but why not simply donate as the Smash community to the breast cancer association and not some morons that "want" to be in with the "big kiddies" playing "manly games" like the very balanced SFxT. The FGC hates us, so why should we try fitting in with them?

Because this is the chance we've been fighting for to prove we're a good competitive game. Talk to competitive or hardcore gamers who don't play our game much and they have such a little opinion about us. It's kind of true though. We don't have anywhere near as many people playing in our scene as something like Halo or COD. Games that everyone plays

We'd also be proving something to the FGC, to a certain extent at least. Last time Melee was at EVO it got hated on less than it had before. Some have even called it "Marvel Junior" from what I've read from a post somewhere

Also, do you really think we Smashers would donate to a community pot? Have we successfully paid all the Pound 5 winners yet? I never followed that thing. All the donors have nothing to gain. Donating to EVO gives every Smashers something big to gain; exposure

The FGC does not entirely hate us. It's only the stream monsters and SRK posters that post hate on our game. Talk to them in real life and they won't say any hate about it. This mainly/only goes for Melee though

/stupidmotivationalpost

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
So what happens to those donations if melee doesn't get to evo?

Tesh

Smash Hero
They get donated... (to breast cancer research)

lol...
Exactly. I'm not one to talk down about charity, but when it comes to medical research, that isn't a remotely significant amount of money. However $1500 pot bonus is a damn good start for attracting people to a national.

Showing up at EVO won't make people change their minds about "marvel junior" . You are playing as god damned starfox and peach and some girly man a tiara in grand finals. Stop trying to earn their respect and just support each other within the community. I mean damn, everyone should be donating to Alex Strife right now instead.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Because this is the chance we've been fighting for to prove we're a good competitive game. Talk to competitive or hardcore gamers who don't play our game much and they have such a little opinion about us. It's kind of true though. We don't have anywhere near as many people playing in our scene as something like Halo or COD. Games that everyone plays

We'd also be proving something to the FGC, to a certain extent at least. Last time Melee was at EVO it got hated on less than it had before. Some have even called it "Marvel Junior" from what I've read from a post somewhere

Also, do you really think we Smashers would donate to a community pot? Have we successfully paid all the Pound 5 winners yet? I never followed that thing. All the donors have nothing to gain. Donating to EVO gives every Smashers something big to gain; exposure

The FGC does not entirely hate us. It's only the stream monsters and SRK posters that post hate on our game. Talk to them in real life and they won't say any hate about it. This mainly/only goes for Melee though

/stupidmotivationalpost
Like I was saying, why try to fit in with a community that hates us with no reason other than "hurr it's got Mario therefore it's a kiddie game that doesn't deserve to be with us manly games". I hope MLP wins and that in a next EVO it appears so that I can see the endless asshurt on them. Anyway, if Melee wins I wish it goes well and that it generates more hype than Artificial ComebackXFactor 3

Top Bottom