• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

evidence about GC controller in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
i have this friend does not believe me for anything. he's not even n00b either. he keeps asking oh when did you hear this. where did you hear this. im like its everywhere. does anyone know any links giving hard evidence?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There IS no hard evidence. People just like to pretend like they know what's going on and say so.

I really wouldn't be surprised if it had the option to use a GCN controller, though.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
ign.com at Brawl's original unveiling said:
Smash Bros. is one of the few Wii games to maintain a standard control scheme. "I was given the task of creating Smash Bros.," explained Sakurai. "Of course, the topic becomes, how should we use the special remote controller? During the planning stages, we gave a lot of thought to this." In the end, Sakurai and his staff decided to not go too far with the controller, in particular avoiding being new just for the sake of being new, which Sakurai worried would make the game difficult to play.
There you go. Whether that has changed or not is debatable, but it came from the mouth of the director himself when they unveiled Brawl originally. I seriously doubt they've gone from GC controllers all the way to Wiimotes. It will probably support Classic Controller play, but GC will likely be the standard, or at LEAST supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom