• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everything wii know about Brawl

Plomid

Smash Ace
anark-e said:
this is actually incorrect, Pit was also the main character of 1991's GameBoy game Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters... this info can be double checked on wikipedia and gamefaqs, and probably some other places... this is everything Wii know about Pit's playable game appearances ;)
HEY thanks man ill update it :) ;)

controlfreak7 said:
May I ask all the *******s attacking the **** out of Plomid to please stop. He is doing something for the Smash Community. Something that noone asked him to do. He never said that this information is most likely unknown. Read the freaking topic to yourself: Everything wii know about Brawl.

That clearly says that the information contained in the topic is all we know so far and not OMGZORZ NEW INFO THAT WE NEVER KNEW. I myself although knew most of the facts, didn't know all the stage rumors. So this topic was somewhat useful. You wanna ***** about this topic? Make a topic that is more useful (and the only thing that is more useful that what we know is what we don't know which probably means it hasn't been revealed) than this and then come back and complain about it. Speaking of which this topic obviously isn't going to be closed =). And Plomid is also right when he says that noobs will probably post asking questions and this topic will answer them rather than creating new threads.

I wanna bring about that my cousin pointed out. Although I sort of doubt it for some reason, on the day the smash trailer was released and my cousin watched it, he told me to watch the ending carefully. It was right before Snake who is hiding in the box pops out and says "Showtime" or w/e. Mario gets hit by Link and partially goes flying and comes down and does a d-smash. Right before he does the d-smash my cousin said that he thinks Mario did a wavedash. I got lucky to pause on the perfect frame and it indeed look like the smoke/dust that is the aftermath of a wavedash, but could have easily resulted from mario landing on the ground and then d-smashing. I'm not saying that it is for sure the wavedash and neither is my cousin, but I can say that it is sort of debatable although I doubt its a wavedash.
thanks for backing me up man i really appreciate it:):):):)
as for your uncles discovery
now this has been said before but it isnt really wavedashing but it is what wave dashing is made of:the landing slide and if that stays in its almost certain that wavedashing will but they could of course remove the angle you can point the air dodge to but that isn´t very likely. so there you have it if the game is true to the trailer and air dodging will stay the same we will probably be seeing wave dashing in the next game folks;)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
burrito, blaksheap82, how old are you guys? 5??? that's cute.
hey, you wanna do something cool? it's called not being aggorant 5 year olds.

Psydp

Smash Rookie
yo. i went to the magic box.com and when i scrolled down to see what new games were coming up it said brawl was coming in the fall of this year as a launch title. I dont know if this is another bs rumor or not. so is it true? did they really change it into a launch title. If so there messing up...

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Plomid said:
This will be updated as more is reveled and please help me completing this:)
Okay. Time to get anal.

Nintendo had not confirmed a new version/color of the old GC controller. They even said not the throw away the ones we already had. But I agree a Wii-colored GC controller is likely. Still I wouldn't present that as a fact.

The “wiimote” will be used one way or another and it has been stated that it MAY be used to trigger some "fox secret taunt/Samus EXTENDRR (killaOR reference)" like Easter eggs
fixed.

Meta-knigh
he uses his cape as a shield
This is only an inference based on what could have been a scripted sequence, not actualy gameplay.

Samus
At first it was controversial if she was to make an appearance but a recent update on the dojo cleared it for us.
A word like controversial is misleading. I'd go with something like "uncertain".

This is the only attack seen that Snake has
Not confirmed. That could just be a falling animation. After all I'd expect an aerial to have a bit more umph.

Well, that's all the editions I've got. Oh and you might put some commas in that sentence regarding the Ridley, WW Link, and Bowser Jr. rumor.

Sorry to be so harsh in scrutinizing, but if we want the newbs and visitors to have a one-stop information page, it's best that it be perfectly accurate.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
controlfreak7 said:
May I ask all the *******s attacking the **** out of Plomid to please stop. He is doing something for the Smash Community. Something that noone asked him to do. He never said that this information is most likely unknown. Read the freaking topic to yourself: Everything wii know about Brawl.

That clearly says that the information contained in the topic is all we know so far and not OMGZORZ NEW INFO THAT WE NEVER KNEW. I myself although knew most of the facts, didn't know all the stage rumors. So this topic was somewhat useful. You wanna ***** about this topic? Make a topic that is more useful (and the only thing that is more useful that what we know is what we don't know which probably means it hasn't been revealed) than this and then come back and complain about it. Speaking of which this topic obviously isn't going to be closed =). And Plomid is also right when he says that noobs will probably post asking questions and this topic will answer them rather than creating new threads.

I wanna bring about that my cousin pointed out. Although I sort of doubt it for some reason, on the day the smash trailer was released and my cousin watched it, he told me to watch the ending carefully. It was right before Snake who is hiding in the box pops out and says "Showtime" or w/e. Mario gets hit by Link and partially goes flying and comes down and does a d-smash. Right before he does the d-smash my cousin said that he thinks Mario did a wavedash. I got lucky to pause on the perfect frame and it indeed look like the smoke/dust that is the aftermath of a wavedash, but could have easily resulted from mario landing on the ground and then d-smashing. I'm not saying that it is for sure the wavedash and neither is my cousin, but I can say that it is sort of debatable although I doubt its a wavedash.
Hey, I wasn't flaming, I just wanted to know if the game director made any statements, because I have trouble getting on the dojo. I was glad when I found this thread, it's exactly what I was looking for, although Resting Fox has a point about it compiliing all the info accurately.

And foxandfalco, I'm not five (or six, for anyone who thinks they're funny, or seven either for that matter), it just really irks me when people try to pass off as fact something that has no basis at all.

Plomid

Smash Ace
Resting_Fox said:
Okay. Time to get anal.

Nintendo had not confirmed a new version/color of the old GC controller. They even said not the throw away the ones we already had. But I agree a Wii-colored GC controller is likely. Still I wouldn't present that as a fact.

fixed.

This is only an inference based on what could have been a scripted sequence, not actualy gameplay.

A word like controversial is misleading. I'd go with something like "uncertain".

Not confirmed. That could just be a falling animation. After all I'd expect an aerial to have a bit more umph.

Well, that's all the editions I've got. Oh and you might put some commas in that sentence regarding the Ridley, WW Link, and Bowser Jr. rumor.

Sorry to be so harsh in scrutinizing, but if we want the newbs and visitors to have a one-stop information page, it's best that it be perfectly accurate.
i fixed everything except for the meta knight shield thing :):):):)

Jonki

Smash Rookie
hi man

sup :) u know pretty much i see you much be like a number 1 sasmh bros fan

but where did u get this info of the character like on Solid Snake the only thing i seen about him is saying its show time :p

and why isnt this topic stickied :p

but thats all i had to say hop to have a SSBM fight with ya again :) well cya soon

Plomid

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post but i haaave to note this
IGN and Miyamoto said:
. Noting that the system's flash memory can be used for future upgrades, Miyamoto added, "However, we'd like to avoid relying on this and have everything included from the start."
could this mean more characters then just ones relesed with the game?!?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ive heard that the creator said www.smashbros.com would have anymore major updates until the launch date for ssbb is near. i forgot where i heard it though, ill find the link if it's that important >.>

SUPA-PLUM = PIMP

>.>

Plomid

Smash Ace
yeah i heard that too but this wasnt Sakurai it was Miyamoto and he was talking about the overall wii upgrades comptabillity so this could mean anything actually but he said this"the system's flash memory can be used for future upgrades" so yeah he didnt really say "new characters will be avalible online" he said more like "there is a chance that online updates will be avalible"so lets be hopeful shall we :)

Dr.Feelgood

Smash Apprentice
Wow..i really like this summery..i learned a few things..i already knew most of the stuff tho..but thanks for posting it.. keep it up.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
3 months... no cube O_o, must of been horrible
well, I'm glad to see that you took the time to both make this thread and keep it up to date :)

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
This thread is a really good compilation, and must have taken a lot of time, but there are a few things that are more of logical inference than actual confirmed fact. You might want to make a section for "Very Likely" things.

Also, Link's sword just looks like an updated Master's Sword, not really any different in my opinion. And the Master's Sword has appeared in many Zelda games, not just Wind Waker.

Plomid

Smash Ace
well it is. but it is more detailed and glows like the sword from Wind Waker actually it is the sword from twilight princess wich by the way is just like the one from WW

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Mario's fair from what I saw knocked Pikachu like Doc's fair and spiked Kirby with the bottom part (like DK's fair) so I think they combined the moves.

I would like to point out how Zamus gets knocked away by Pikachu's downsmash in the new trailer, yet she is not even touching him... big hitbox? Reminds me of Peach. I dunno what happened really.

Kirby's fair was shown.

Meta Knight and Pit run very fast.

Fox's taunt does not look the same. And his standing "bruce lee" stance is new too.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
My point is that it is the same sword used in SSBM. It just looks cooler. Mario's hat is the same hat no matter how detailed they make it. Same goes for Link's Sword.

Anyway, there are still a few things that aren't quite confirmed in that list.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
i knew everything already,same as magar but Magar stop acting innocent u were the one starting @ page 1. but we agreed to shut up about it, still.. i hate ur attitude on this thread. but enough of this now.

to the topic starter...
its a nice sum-up. but plz remove the "rumors" stuff. it degrades your post. why? cuz u only mentioned 1 (what appears to me to be a silly) rumor.

one question

all characters will be revealed before the game is out
that would be gay. what is your source?
i remember that the creator of the game said that everybody will know because of the internet what all the characters are the next day, but that unlocking is part of the fun. it would be strange if they would reveal all characters beforehand. i mean... stuff usually leaks yea... but for the dumb masses they surely can keep a secret, right?

Plomid

Smash Ace
Sakurai said him self that becuse of the internet almost nothing can be kept secret and probably all characters will be revealed before the game is out i think it is at Samurai pandas translation thread

Sariku

Smash Master
.:: Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. Brawl ::.

This thread contains everything we know about Nintendo's Lastest Fighter, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I will add more details every few days, so don't start complaining about todays latest update not being on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters

Returning Characters -

.:: Mario ::.

A Moves -
* A - Punch/Kick
* Smash Right/Left - Fire Ball In Hand (Same as in Melee)
* Smash Up - Type of UpperCut, overhead Punch
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - FireBall
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* Multiple FireBalls (Unavoidable)

Other Moves or Techniques -
*???

.:: Link ::.

A Moves -
* A - Slash with Sword
* Smash Right/Left - ???
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - Shoot Arrow
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - Spin Attack (Same as in Melee)
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* Triforce Trap (Traps oppoments inbetween the Triforce and continually slashes at them

* ???

.:: Kirby ::.

A Moves -
* A - Punch
* Smash Right/Left A - ???
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - Suck In (Same as in all games)
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - Soaring Sword Slash (Same as in all the other games)
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* Boiling Pot Attack (Traps enemies in boiling pot, I guess it hurts?)

* ???

.:: Pikachu ::.

A Moves -
* A - HeadButt
* Smash Right/Left - Spark (Jolt of Electricity from Cheeks, same as in other games)
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - Thundershock
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - Quick Attack (Same as in other games)
* Down B - Thunder

Super Smash -
* ???

* ???

.:: Samus ::.

A Moves -
* A - ???
* Smash Right/Left - ???
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - Charge Shot (Same as in other games)
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* ???

* Can Turn into Zero Suit Samus under Certain Conditions
* ???

.:: Fox McCloud ::.

A Moves -
* A - Kick
* Smash Right/Left - Fly Kick
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - Shoot Gun (Same as in other games)
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* ???

* ???

New Characters

.:: Meta Knight ::.

A Moves -
* A - Slash with Sword
* Smash Right/Left - ???
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - ???
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* ???

* In the clip where he fights Pit, They both start jumping the air, using their wings to jump higher and "fly."
* Right as Pit appears in the E3 Movie, He shoots an Arrow at Meta Knight. Meta Knight Pulls his cloke around him and becomes invisible. (We don't know if its a real attack, a dodge, or just a fancy thing for the movie.)
* ???

.:: Pit ::.

A Moves -
* A - Slash with Swords
* Smash Right/Left - ???
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - Shoot Arrow
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B -???

Super Smash -
* ???

* In the clip where he fights Meta Knight, They both start jumping the air, using their wings to jump higher and "fly."
* Pits Bow can seperate into two swords, and then form back into the original form to shoot or preform combos.
* ???

.:: Zero Suit Samus ::.

A Moves -
* A - Punch/Kick
* Smash Right/Left - ???
* Smash Up - Jumps upside down and does a screw kick, knocking her oppoments up into the air.
* Smash Down - ???

B Moves -
* B - ???
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash-
* ???

* Zero Suit Samus is not a selectable character, but under certain conditions, Samus will take of her Power Suit and then become Zero Suit Samus.
* Zero Suit Samus's Gun can shoot, or be used as a whip. There is speculation that it can also be used as a sword, as seen when she first enters in the E3 Movie.
* ???

.:: Wario ::.

A Moves -
* A - ???
* Smash Right/Left - ???
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down -???

B Moves -
* B - ???
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* ???

* Wario builds up gas over time, and when its full, he can unleash massive gas, as seen in the E3 Movie after he crashed. Its possible that it could be his Super Smash Attack.

.:: Snake ::.

A Moves -
* A - Punch/Kick
* Smash Right Left - Closes his hands and bangs them down, coming from above your head. Then if you press A again, he will kick you away.
* Smash Up - ???
* Smash Down - Pulls out rocket launcher and shoots it right infront of his feet. Its similar to Mewtwo's Down A Move.

B Moves -
* B - ???
* Right/Left B - ???
* Up B - ???
* Down B - ???

Super Smash -
* ???

* ???

How To Play

There has been no official information about how exactly we play the game. Sakurai stated previously that we can use the GameCube Controller and the Classic Controller. But he never said we can use the Wiimote.

But if you pay attention, the How To Play has a Wiimote on it, and I found and stated on IGN, as Frankfly stole it as his and posted it here.

The WiiMote and Numchuck is a possibility, but right now there is no official conformation.

Game Modes

There has been no official Game modes released yet. Information on them will be placed here when it is revealed.

Items

Here is a list of Items, and how they are used.

.:: Goey Bomb ::.

The Goey Bomb is a type of motion sencing bomb that can be placed on the stage or on an oppoment. After it is thrown, after a certain amount of time, it will explode. Then you get damaged. Duh.

But there is a way to pass to someone else. While the Goey Bomb is on you, run into someone before it goes off and it will be placed on them.

Stages

.:: Battle Field ::.

With the same Concept from the battle field in Melee, Sarukai gives us a new Version of it. With now a more Fantastical look to it, the battle field is said to be one of the stages we'll play at the most. It doesn't change much in concept, that it still is one floating platform, with 3 smaller platforms hovering over it.

But, as a special feature, the background will slowly start changing from Day to Night on this level. We don't know if it will be like this on all levels yet.

Music

Here is a list of the musicians who will be submitting in Brawl.

Note: I did not type this, this all came strait from the official Smash BrosWebsite.

Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.) Metal Gear Solid 4:
Guns Of The Patriots /
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Arata Iiyoshi Pokémon Mystery Dungeon /
beatmania II DX

Asuka Ohta (Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros. /
Yoshi Touch&Go

Hajime Wakai (Nintendo) Pikmin series / Star Fox series

Jun Fukuda
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / contact

Kazumi Totaka (Nintendo) Animal Crossing series /
Yoshi series

Keigo Ozaki
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) PROJECT SYLPHEED

Kenichi Okuma Melty Lancer series /
Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 3
Kenji Ito ROMANCING SAGA series /
CULDCEPT SAGA

Kenji Yamamoto (Nintendo) Super Metroid /
Metroid Prime series

Kentaro Ishizaka
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) -

Koji Hayama Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2

Koji Kondo (Nintendo) Super Mario Bros. series /
The Legend of Zelda series

Masaaki Iwasaki MOTHER3 / Chelnov (Genesis)

Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND

Masato Kouda Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry

Michiko Naruke Wild Arms series

Minako Hamano (Nintendo) Metroid Fusion

Motoi Sakuraba Golden Sun series /
Mario Golf & Tennis series

Noriyuki Iwadare GRANDIA series

Ryoji Yo****omi (Nintendo) WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Microgame$!

Seiji Momoi METEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods

Shogo Sakai
(HAL Laboratory, Inc.) Super Smash Bros. Melee /
MOTHER3
Shota Kageyama Luminous Arc

Takahiro Nishi
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) GRANDIA series /
PROJECT SYLPHEED

Tomoko Sasaki (TOKIOHEIDI) NiGHTS

Toru Minegishi (Nintendo) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Toshiyuki Sudo (Nintendo) Everybody Votes Channel

Tsukasa Masuko Star Force / Magical Starsign

Yasufumi Fukuda Kamaitachi no Yoru 2

Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS

Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series

Yuka Tsujiyoko Fire Emblem series

Yusuke Takahama
(TARGET ENTERTAINMENT INC.) Digital Pinball series

Yutaka Iraha
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) SYLPHEED series

Yuzo Koshiro (ANCIENT) ActRaiser / Street of Rage

Few... I worked forever on this. Tell me how you like it.

THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN BY JASON PILCHER, OR SARIKU UCHIHA, AND CAN ONLY BE USED ON THIS SITE. DO NOT TAKE IT AS YOUR OWN.

crazyq42

Smash Rookie
this is a great idea for a thread i will definentaly(i can't spell) check back here every once in a while

The Bino

Smash Lord
The 1st thing i noticed that was wrong already is Mario

His Up Smash is the same as Melee as well as his Down Smash you see his Up Smash in the 2nd trailer, you see his Down Smash in the 1st trailer

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The Gooey bomb has two "o"s.

I know you spent a hell of a lot of time on this thread, but I'm fairly sure it's gonna get closed.
Like the "official icons discussion" by Frank Fly that was closed.
You shouldn't take it upon yourselves to waste time like this.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
when solid snake is hiding in his box in the first trailer, you can clearly see kirby use his downB move from melee.

Top Bottom