• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone asks me why I dislike Wobbles..

j00t

Smash Champion
Okay so basically here's how it goes.

I have a super, super dry sense of humor. And I'm very good at maintaining a straight face while saying some of the most absurd **** out there. There are a lot of people out there who are amazed at my ability to deadpan some of the most ridiculous stuff. And I STILL start cracking up halfway through the second rant because I can't keep up the facade.

This was IMMEDIATELY after we had a giant joke exhibition of me trying to wobble his max-handicap Ganon, then doing a fake rage-throw when I lost, then pretending to be extremely salty about it. If you know me, you know that I just about NEVER tell anybody that they are bad unless I am giving them a requested for brutally-honest critique, and it's always with constructive criticism. If you know me, you will also know my stance on trash-talking, which is that I am not particularly fond of it. So looking at this from my perspective, I'm mind-boggled by how anybody could not see it as nothing more than extremely deadpan sarcasm.

I don't know why nobody ever brought this up to me, considering I'm one of the people involved. But it was a joke. And when I joke, sometimes I don't actually have limits about where I take my jokes, because I am extremely difficult to offend, so that carries over into how I conduct my own humor. This frequently comes as a surprise to people who know me, because in general I try to be very nice and polite. But none of my rant was meant to be serious. This particular rant, "washed-up-has-been-never-was-no-skill" is a running gag in Arizona that me and Taj throw around at each other all the time, and I was hoping it was so over-the-top that you could not believe it was actually serious.

But none of that actually matters if you were genuinely hurt by what I said. That's not the goal of my jokes. My goal is to get people that I joke about in on it and have them laughing with me. If that fails, then I've failed. And I'm sorry that I did so, because that means it hurt you, and that wasn't my intent.

Moreover, I'm sorry that when you tried to explain yourself, people accused you of being a liar. Because it's clear that you're not lying about how you *feel,* and what you're upset about actually *did* transpire. So again, I'm sorry Renth. I enjoyed our goofy exhibition set and I enjoyed chatting with you, and I'm sorry that my humor became a way to hurt you rather than include you in the mock-saltiness I was trying to convey.

Even more so, apparently I began ignoring you afterwards. One of my own pet peeves is being ignored and dismissed. I think it's unbelievably rude, and if I did that to you, then I'm extremely ashamed of my behavior. That's not the kind of person I want to be, and it's not how I want people around me to feel about themselves.

If you still dislike me, I don't blame you. But please know this whole thing was not meant to occur the way it did, at all.
yo bro your doc sux

naw but for real tho mm me

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
What the-
That made me physically sick. How can he act like that? On stage, even?
Infuriating.
Because it was a joke? Because he didn't mean it? Because it was an innocent comment taken way out of context?

To quote Renth from the old Leffen thread
I like how Leffen isn't afraid to speak is mind, if people get their feelings hurt they should be less sensitive.

#TeamLeffen

Sal

Smash Rookie
Because it was a joke? Because he didn't mean it? Because it was an innocent comment taken way out of context?

To quote Renth from the old Leffen thread
Maybe it was a joke. But the way he presented it made him sound obnoxious. Not everybody likes crude humor.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I predict in 2015 somebody is still going to dig up this thread and complain about a badly received joke, which has left nobody involved with hard feelings towards the other party.

Hell, make that the year 20xx.

Sal

Smash Rookie
I predict in 2015 somebody is still going to dig up this thread and complain about a badly received joke, which has left nobody involved with hard feelings towards the other party.

Hell, make that the year 20xx.
My bad. I didn't notice until after I replied that this was back in October.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
lol so harsh yet so true, most pm matches are so boring, unless a melee player plays, than its hype
Don't get me wrong I love melee more than the other smash games, but..

This is when you know you're dealing with a legit melee ***.

Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom