• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever Dream About SSBB?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Red_Maniac said:
Dream 2: I saw a new trailer on the internet and found out that Snake is a clone of Captain Falcon, except all of his attacks involved explosives. I jumped out of the window and woke up.
I would have done the same thing.

I haven't had a Smash Bros. dream in a while, but there is one I never mentioned here before.

Basically it was just about the different modes. It was actually before I knew Sakurai was making any big changes. But I was sitting with this guy [some random guy I've never met] and he was like, "Yeah, let's go with classic mode." But it was versus not single player, and I remember knowing that "classic mode" was a game style where Fox and Falco looked like their Melee incarnations, and generally it was more like Melee.

I dismissed it as complete non-prophecy though because the scenario's just wouldn't add-up rationally.

MewMewKachooTwo

Smash Apprentice
Last night I dreamt I was Link, fighting a CPU Pikachu on a level I've never seen before. The level was shaped like a hollowed flat-topped pyramid, with a smaller pyramid inside, and platforms scattered all over.

Pikachu was at the opposite end of the same platform I was on. I had just fired an arrow and was starting to draw my sword again. It seemed to be stuck...Link tugged at it like 4 or 5 times in a row. -.-' Then...holy crap! He pulled out the master sword that was like 100x bigger than normal. Like, the size of that giant sword in Super Mario RPG! Then he yelled, "HRAAAHH!!!" and smashed Pikachu so hard that it flew away fast. So fast, in fact, that it left a fire trail and went back in time (like in Back to the Future).

After I dreamt of being chased by Snake driving a street sweeper, I woke up and preceded to lmao.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I haven't had any awesome dreams about Brawl, but I have dreamed about playing Melee. The time I remember most clearly was after playing with several friends all weekend. I was still dead tired in class on Monday, fell asleep, and started acting out the controller movements with my hands on my calculator while I dreamed. The teacher noticed what I was doing, told everyone to shut up, and sent one kid to go grab a video camera. Sadly, I woke up about a minute before he got back.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Wait, I forgot, I actually DID have one more dream a while ago about Smash. Basically, it had Slippy, Fox, and Falco jumping over a gap in this bridge above lava. Maybe it was Bowser's Castle, but it was definitely appearing in an over-the-shoulder fashion rather than regular Smash play. But the movements seemed to remain 2D. Anyway, all I remember clearly was that Slippy jumped over the Gap using what looked like a Falco F-Smash, but she had a lightsaber swung it alng the way. Really it reminded me of a move Mitsurugi does in Soul Calibur 3.

Then this voice that wasn't mine, nor anyone's I'm familiar with said, "No. No Slippy."
And the dream ended.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
After reading this thread I can safely say I'm glad I'm not the only one who has weird endings to their dreams.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I had one, and I remember only one thing from it. Snake (in a dark blue version of his outfit) being F-Smashed by Mario. I was like, "He spins like a girl..."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only before Brawl's information and video was released. Many of them had random characters from Mortal Kombat, Sonic series, and even Street Fighter series. Probably the best part was when I unlocked Luigi(for the 3rd time in the series, lol!)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Ok, this isn't directly smashed-related but I think it's valid.

I was at the character selection screen, I chose Pit and it said "BRAAAAAAWL" but in a really weird way, like the guy was throwing up while he said it.

I was in 1st person view and staring at a locker. I turned to the left and saw my history teacher walking. "There are only a few days of school left, and I've been wanting to do this for a while now" I thought to myself.

I crept up behind her and grabbed her butt. I was smiling but I knew I was going to get in big trouble for this but I thought it was worth it. Without turning around, she screamed while saying "Mr.--------(can't say the name but it was the name of my gym teacher lol) stop grabbing my butt!!!"

I looked to my left and saw my gym teacher looking confused. I laughed and had a huge grin on my face afterwards.

Then I woke up and realized that I never did such a thing.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I've had two dreams about SSBB.

First one: I went to Blockbuster on a rainy afternoon and they had a bunch of video game guide books for sale, so I searched through them and I found the one for Brawl. I flipped to the character guide, and I saw MARTH (and HOLY HOT TOPIC, DID HE LOOK HOT!!! He looked like he was fresh from the Final Fantasy X oven, in his gorgeous bishounen feminine style... yes, I'm a Marth fan.), ROY (he also was good looking, but couldn't compare with Marth), YOUNG LINK, and what appeared to be a character from Golden Sun and one from Tales of Symphonia. I've never played the games, so I can't tell you their names. I think I might have seen Ness, but I'm not sure. Maybe they'll make his head smaller this time...

Second dream:
This one wasn't too fancy... it was Marth and Captain Falcon fighting inside that temple/castle arena that might be a Fire Emblem stage.

About 55-65% of the time, my premonitions have come true. Meaning, I think there's a good chance Roy, Marth, Ness, Y. Link, and Falcon are returning, and a ToS or GS will appear.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a psychic (or confirmed to be one if I actually am lol), so these predictions may not come true. There's already been rumors (though probably 99% false) that Y. Link won't return, so none of us can be sure. And that includes me. So please, don't get mad at me.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't see how you guys remember dreams...
I had one where I was eaten by a crocodile...
And then another one where I dreamed I was having a threesome with 2 girls...don't ask...
But I could never remember any details afterwards. It's the most annoying feeling to know that you had a dream but can't remember...*sighs*
If they ever make something to capture your dreams on video...I'd get one.
*Edit*
I just saw your post on Steve Irwin...how can you get a guy cooler than Steve? He wrestles crocodiles for a living! He's so cool!!!
...Yeah. He's probably one of the people that I look up to the most... :)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Okay, I had a dream involving Zero Suit Samus. Which is strange because I don't think about her all that much, and she's the second-to-last person [above Wario] that I'd want information on. Yet she was there, and exhibiting things I hadn't seen in the trailer.

No, not boobies. Her whip and how it works.

Okay, so the dream begins in some weird game scenario, during the Salem witch trials, where I, the player, was picking a character and the point was to just survive the inquisition. Anyway, I picked two village folk who ended up dying, then without a transition came Zamus on a black background.

I remember seeing the whip flash in front of her and thinking of how its long range was balanced by its short period of attack. She was showing off both standing and crouching whip animations. Also, the Zamus I saw had a pink color scheme. She had Pink sections on her legs, and her whip was pink. But the strange thing is, there was an eater-egg or something that made the tip glow a lighter shade of pink. I think it involved holding a button.

And I thought I would get some insight into those "Certain conditions" but it turned out that the dream completely shifted in it's story. After that brief glimpse, Zamus was running from some space police, and flipped a switch that sent little lead pipes flying at them. The pipes didn't hit the police per se. It hit their hitboxes but still knocked them unconscious, and Samus escaped down a flight of steel stairs.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kokichi said:
I've had two crazy dreams about SSBB. The first one came about quite some time ago, before the game was even announced...sometime late last year, I think. Anyways, I remember watching the intro - it had all the typical SSBM characters, then all of a sudden it had people from various anime, manga, and other videogames. Everyone from Love Hina to the Palm Tree icon from Virtua Fighter was there. The best part, though, was at the very end of it. Suddenly, a blue blur flashes across the screen, and all that's left behind is a single, spinning ring. I remember thinking to myself "Sonic! **** yeah!" Then, in my mind, I rewound the video back to the beginning and watched it again. I was really disappointed when I woke up and couldn't watch it again :( Back then I was really excited, since I seeing Sonic in my dream in the next SSB game was awesome. Nowadays it's pretty much guaranteed, but still, very cool :p

Last night (well, around 11 AM today, heh) I had another dream about SSBB. This one was very short, though. It started off showing a trophy from SSBM. Who was the trophy, you might ask? None other than Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter. Anyways, it was announced that he'd be in Brawl. The video in my mind showed his three trophies in SSBM, then what he looked like in SSBB. I could tell he was going to sort of play like Chuck Norris would in SSBB. I remember feeling disappointed, since I felt that having Steve Irwin in was a waste of a possibly cooler character. Anyone think Steve has a chance of being in, chi? ^_<

Anyways, just curious if anyone else has had some dream, crazy or realistic, about SSBB, or if I'm the only nutcase here, chi :p
Steve Irwin hahaha.

I did had a dream about brawl the other day, I already bought the thing and i was all excited, i started playing, and for some reason I was using Porygon2, the pokemon, I was like wha?!, i remember that his 2nd jump was exactly like yoshi's, then all of a sudden it evolved in Scizor, again i was like Wha??!, then scizor went to the right of the stage fliying, and he did a Gust like Super move, kinda like razor wind, it was weird since i dont remember seeing a pokemon cartoon or playing a pokemon game in a while, and i dont use items so that was weird, but cool at the same time!

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I had a dream like four months before brawl was announced, it was in a beach, and then the announcer said something and like 60 ninendo chars popped out of the water at blinding speed, then it showed me a battle falco vs ganondorf on a platform that looked as the new final destination, then they started fightin and ganondorf grabbed falco and the screen looked black. then I saw gonondorf comboin falco with his sword like a fatality or something and at the end throwing falco up and his sword and hitting falco and giving him 100% damage.

GodzillaMan

Smash Cadet
I've had two weird dreams.

#1: I was playing as Mario against Sonic. (The battle of all time.) Then all of a sudden Scooby-Doo jumped into the middle of the screen, then yelled Scooby Dooby Doo, and then Sonic exploded.

#2: Marth was fighting Pit. Pit slashed Marth, who went flying off of the screen. Marth died and then I got a look at what looked like the selection screen. And in the corner the was a box with Scooby in it. There were a lot of others, including Godzilla. (Yessssss!) Then my dream ended, when the TV I was playing on blew up.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well ya know what they say about old Godzilla?
Old Godzilla was hoppin' around
Tokyo City like a big playground.
When suddenly Batman burst from the shade
And hit Godzilla with a batgrenade.
Godzilla got pissed and began to attack
But didn't expect to get blocked by Shaq
Who proceeded to open up a can of Shaqfoo
When Aaron Carter came out of the blue
And he started beating up Shaquille O'neal
Then they both got flattened by the Batmobile
But before he could make it back to the Batcave
Abraham Lincoln popped out of his grave
And took and AK-47 out from under his hat
And blew Batman away with a rat-a-tat-tat
But he ran out of bullets and he ran away
'Cuz Optimus Prime came to save the day.
http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1244
It is very funny indeed.
Anyways, why is Sonic and Mario considered the battle of all time? I thought it was Mario and Bowser...curse Bowser and his...not being kickbutt. In Smash at least.

Snow_Storm

Smash Rookie
I had a dream when I was smoking weed with Marth. Marth and I wererapping old school rap songs from the 80s and 90s. Really screwed up!

Another was I was hosting an underground Nintendo fighting tournament. Everyone from Nintendo were fighting, than Adeleine(From Kirby 64, some little girl that paints) got kiled and I got charged with murder and running an illegal fighting tournament.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Wenbobular said:
Well ya know what they say about old Godzilla?
Old Godzilla was hoppin' around
Tokyo City like a big playground.
When suddenly Batman burst from the shade
And hit Godzilla with a batgrenade.
Godzilla got pissed and began to attack
But didn't expect to get blocked by Shaq
Who proceeded to open up a can of Shaqfoo
When Aaron Carter came out of the blue
And he started beating up Shaquille O'neal
Then they both got flattened by the Batmobile
But before he could make it back to the Batcave
Abraham Lincoln popped out of his grave
And took and AK-47 out from under his hat
And blew Batman away with a rat-a-tat-tat
But he ran out of bullets and he ran away
'Cuz Optimus Prime came to save the day.
http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1244
It is very funny indeed.
Anyways, why is Sonic and Mario considered the battle of all time? I thought it was Mario and Bowser...curse Bowser and his...not being kickbutt. In Smash at least.
As far as I know it, Sonic and Mario would be the 'battle of all time' simply because they are both the representitives for two 'rivalry' companies.. Which, of course, are Nintendo and Sega. I'm not sure how much of a good fight it would be with Sonic being ever so fast, and Mario being a plumber, but oh what a mental, bragging rights battle it would be.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Some reason, I think apolcalypses are a tad more important that SSBB. Though I'm sure someone in these here forums probably thinks SSBB not coming is an apocalypse, hehe.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
i had a dream yesterday in wich i was playing some sort of adventure lvl in cooperative with my friends and suddenly popped out voltorb and started to hit us and killed us. it was very short y'know

Phantom_Sonic

Smash Cadet
1st dream: Before the game as announced, but a week before, I had a dream where they announced a lot of wierd characters, and some from TV, like the Grim Reaper. I don't remember much of it though.

2nd dream: I dreamed I was fighting to unlock Snake and Sonic.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well well, I just experienced my first Smash Bros related dream last night. I have tried to figure out the dream by itself, so you get to read more details about it.

I was sitting in a massive cinema like room with lots of chairs and on all of those chairs, there were fans of SSBB, eager to play this demo Nintendo offered us today inside the building. In the four corners of the room, 4 giant plasma screens were viewable and were gonna used to play SSBB. After a random Asian man(it was probaply Sakurai himself, because of a part I will tell you soon enough)welcomed us to this exciting day, they randomly picked 8 people from the cinema like chairs to start playing SSBB on the 4 Wii consoles below the giant plasma screens. Now, I can't remember what they were exactly playing, but once those 8 were done, me and a friend of mine got picked in the next round and we started playing SSBB on the north west plasma screen. I did not remember any character select screen, but he was Link while I was Donkey Kong. Then I noticed two wrong things: We were fighting in 3D and we were using Wiimotes. Anyway, before we started the fight, we had to assign 3 specific items(Like in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask)to our characters so that we could use them in the match itself. Oddly enough, I could only remember 3 random unknown masks from probaply Majora's Mask(It's not that I don't know the masks in Majora's Mask itself, but in the dream, they were hard to identify), and the infamous chicken from the Zelda serie.

So when we started fighting, I unleashed all of DK's familiar moves from Melee in 3D, I somehow got used to the controls right away. Link got pretty damaged and the suddenly he fled to the background of the stage we were fighting(the stage itself was pretty much a large greyish area), and in order to get to him, I had to smash these weird holes found on the ground and on walls. Once I was next to Link again, playtime was over, and we had to go back to our chairs. Then after everyone had tried out SSBB (fastforwarded in the dream itself of course), I somehow got to talk with the Asian man again, alongside with his translator guy. Asian man told me I was playing good with DK, and that felt nice to hear. Then he suddenly asked me probaply the best question he could ask a fan: "Tell me, what else should I put in this game?", but sadly, the dream ended after he asked me that.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, last night.

Link and Cloud were fighting in some restuarant's kitchen. Cloud got smashed over the head with a saucepan and Roy set the entire place on fire by dunking his sword into lighter fluid. Mario was shouting wierd orders in French.

Don't ask.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Steve Irwin is too cool for Brawl

Dream 1)

Dream 2)
I was playing SSBM and suddenly my Gamecube exploded so I went into my room and started playing SSBB (with a Gamecube controller) I chose Wario and when I got into a battle he exploded and Diddy Kong popped out, then Krystal jumped down then I woke up.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well well, I just experienced my first Smash Bros related dream last night. I have tried to figure out the dream by itself, so you get to read more details about it.

Then he suddenly asked me probaply the best question he could ask a fan: "Tell me, what else should I put in this game?", but sadly, the dream ended after he asked me that.
Well Flok, if only you had harnessed your mad dreaming skills, you might have told him. but you probably backed out of the dream in confusion, uncertainty, or fright. See, I often have dialogue with people in my dreams, and strangely, it appears to come straight from my consciousness, like I say things as I'm thinking them, and thinking in my sleep [lingually lucid shall we say]. Not just random neural firings of the lingual parts of my brain.

It's also possible that Sakurai was having that very same dream, and you could have influenced him, man.Well, maybe...I have a weird theory about dreams and the planes of consciousness on which they all occur.

I'll try to have that dream in the coming weeks, and see if I can meet you and Sakurai there on the planes.

What should I tell him for you, if I succeed?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Man, I've probably had sooooo many Brawl dreams since May. But sadly, I don't remember my dreams.

Well, I remember a few select ones and scenes. Like, one from 2 years ago, I dreamed I got back together with my Ex [bleh!] and then it cut off into an Old Navy jean commercial...........
Anyway, if you talk to Sakurai, tell him to get some Ubisoft in there, like Rayman or Prince of Persia. NO. Kalas first......yea......

Top Bottom